Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201229 times)

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1155 on: October 11, 2013, 12:22:51 pm »

few questions: How do I pasture pets in the warbeast kennels, so I could train whole bunch of them because currently I get trained only ones attached to the trainer or nearby the building ?
create a pasture zone over the workshop.  Hit the I key, define the area over the workshop, hit the n key to make it a pasture, hit N to add animals to the pasture.  Wait for people to bring them in and then run the reaction.

Is it possible to assign certain material then producing items, if so how ? for example can I assigning only crystal tree logs to the carpenter.
Yes, stockpile management.  Create a wood stockpile to only hold the wood you want to use, then tell it to give to the carpenter workshop.  The workshop will only accept items from that stockpile. Be careful though, if you are doing the same for a reaction that may require two or more different types of reagents; for example: Booze needs plants and barrels or pots. You would need a food stockpile set to only get the plants you want to brew, a furniture stockpile for barrels, and a finished goods stockpile for pots.  All would have to be set to give to the Still and/or Brewery.

Related to the Amock temple and such : for example if I want to sacrifice something and i don't have materials the option is reded out so then I press it i could find items needed and items produced. So how can I do the same then I do have materials in case I forgot the outcome of production?
Queue up the reaction and hit ALT-a.  A list of the materials that the reaction uses will show. You can also specify which type of material is used which could also be the solution for your first question. But beware, Masterwork uses some tricks in the RAWs to make things less specific (no dog leather, just leather) so tracking down the correct material may be hard.

How do I get rid of pest-like pets in cages since i can't butcher them?
I never buy the little bastards and ignore them when someone shows up with one. You may have to be creative with magma or use an atom smasher on them.

How does the dump sites work ? I assign a site for it but my dwarves doesn't put any items marked with D there?
be sure the site is marked active (hit I and place the cursor over the site, last option should be active.) Also make sure it is set as a garbage dump 'g')
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 12:25:02 pm by Billy Jack »
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1156 on: October 11, 2013, 12:31:14 pm »

few questions: How do I pasture pets in the warbeast kennels, so I could train whole bunch of them because currently I get trained only ones attached to the trainer or nearby the building ?
Is it possible to assign certain material then producing items, if so how ? for example can I assigning only crystal tree logs to the carpenter.
Related to the Amock temple and such : for example if I want to sacrifice something and i don't have materials the option is reded out so then I press it i could find items needed and items produced. So how can I do the same then I do have materials in case I forgot the outcome of production?
How do I get rid of pest-like pets in cages since i can't butcher them?
How does the dump sites work ? I assign a site for it but my dwarves doesn't put any items marked with D there?

thank you for help
Usually I have no problem answering mod related question, so here we go: NONE of that is mod-related. They are all things a normal, vanilla DF player should know. I'd say read the wiki and learn more about the game. Keywords you are looking for are Zones:Pastures, Stockpile Feeding, Workshops Settings/Manager...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Selfawarebot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: October 11, 2013, 07:15:58 pm »

Do the reactions like ==========SKILL CHEESEBURGERS========= improve that skill, or are they just for information?

DestroyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: October 11, 2013, 07:59:18 pm »

small question about the "fear the night" mod^^

is the mod fully implemented, or only partial?

since i cant find the lesser vampire races, husks, mummies, and wights in there. maybe i'm overlooking something.. but i guess not.

if they arent in there, are you going to add them?
or can you just tell me how to do it myself?

(i tried by myself, but ended up with bronze colossus, moghopper civs and much more bullshit :D if there werent any "strange" civs in, i still had every civ i selected in the setup... but without any playable civs, no dwarves, taiga orcs or cutebolds^^)

edit: oh and by the way, whats the olog caste from the taiga orcs? the manual doesnt say anything about it. no idea if they exist in fortress mode, but they do in adventure mode

edit edit: more questions :D
since iridium is gone, have you changed the attributes of orichalcum or is the manual still up to date there?
because it would be kinda useless for armors and weapons if it is still the same... its basically like steel, only heavier
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 08:32:33 pm by DestroyX »

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: October 11, 2013, 09:04:41 pm »

the wiki has a great metal list http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Masterwork:Metal

no idea on fear the night and olog though
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: October 11, 2013, 10:04:58 pm »

Is there a way to turn off the multiple types of attacks?  I appreciate variety, but I really don't need 8 different ways for for my adventurer to "stab".

DestroyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: October 11, 2013, 10:14:49 pm »

this would be blessing in adventure mode, indeed^^

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: October 11, 2013, 11:12:02 pm »

Its a random amount with the defined embark points being a minimum.  I've seen up to 500 points above the defined minimum.

No.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1163 on: October 11, 2013, 11:15:10 pm »

Putnam, the embark points do vary.

DestroyX/evictedSaint: working on it. :) (oh, and the entire fear the night mod is included, but can be disabled if you like)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DestroyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: October 12, 2013, 12:11:01 am »

oh, thats good news :)

also, thank you for this awesome mod, you made me play df again, instead of waiting for the next release, which always takes ages, sadly.

and greetings from germany to germany :D

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: October 12, 2013, 02:25:50 am »

I've asked over in the dfHack thread and been ignored for over a week so I'm asking here; does anyone know of a way with the burrow command to add or remove tiles from a burrow based on how good or evil the tile is other than manually?
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

JodGap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: October 12, 2013, 05:57:40 am »

In the Biologist's Study:
is it possible to research multiple times the same thing? Like double damage.
Does it stack?
Should the research option be disabled after researching it?

DestroyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: October 12, 2013, 07:06:56 am »

oh well.. looks like i was just blind about the lesser vampires^^ (still... mummies?)

i just modded the file so i can get 1 vampire curse and 1 werebeast curse on my adventurer at the same time.
i'm so goddamn happy right now

Raultor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: October 12, 2013, 07:32:47 am »

I'm not getting the Familiar transformation. What are the conditions in order to transform a changeling to a familiar?

I've tried stationing my lv3 Earthmancer just in the middle of a changeling pasture and nothing happens, and you can't assign them to dwarves because they are not trainable. I've tried to pasture them near my mage when he's inactive in the military screen, nothing happens.

Has anyone achieved a successful familiar transformation? If so, how?

katiesixjs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: October 12, 2013, 08:58:18 am »

(( longtime lurker on the forums, not much of a poster ))

I'm having a little trouble with the townportal and the dwarfs I summon from it. I requested a marksdwarf and got him, but was unable to assign him to a military squad or as a noble. Am I missing a step?
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 165