Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201248 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

RandomName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DestroyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #1142 on: October 10, 2013, 01:37:58 pm »

maybe i'm just dumb, but i couldnt figure out yet how i use the gargoyle statues.
so... how?^^

vcordie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: October 10, 2013, 02:57:09 pm »

I think he removed uses for gargoyle and stone decoys this version, but forgot to actually remove them as a pet you can take on embark and or trade for. They were used in the old magic system.

DestroyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: October 10, 2013, 03:12:57 pm »

oh well.. sucks for me then, since i bought ~20 of them xD
i guess i just put em in some dump stockpile then

YuriRuler90

• Bay Watcher
  • We will bury you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 10, 2013, 07:36:39 pm »

YuriRuler90: Are you sure that the savegame is from 4a as well? There is nothing in the GUI that toggles these lines of code, and they are commented out in the raws I have here...

I deleted my entire DF folder and replaced it with 4A. File times confirm this.

Masterwork 4A installed: 10/05/2013 1218
My worlds INITIAL SAVE: 10/05/2013 1235

Meph, the ONLY thing I can think of that may have caused this is the fact that I only replaced my "Dwarf Fortress" folder. I left the "Masterwork Dwarf Fortress" folder alone due to utilities and just overwrote it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1146 on: October 10, 2013, 07:40:53 pm »

Meph, the ONLY thing I can think of that may have caused this is the fact that I only replaced my "Dwarf Fortress" folder. I left the "Masterwork Dwarf Fortress" folder alone due to utilities and just overwrote it.
... and then you changed tilesets, which are saved in the MDF folder together with the utilities, and replaced the raws with the raws from previous versions.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

YuriRuler90

• Bay Watcher
  • We will bury you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: October 10, 2013, 07:59:45 pm »

...damnit.  ???

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1148 on: October 10, 2013, 08:13:43 pm »

Mystery solved.

YuriRuler90

• Bay Watcher
  • We will bury you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 10, 2013, 08:28:53 pm »

At least this time it involved 100% less brimstone and no horses! Yay!  :P

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: October 11, 2013, 06:30:53 am »

It seems to me that in this version I almost never get a recoverable bolt after a miss.  I could just be imagining this, but I'm used to my battlefields being littered with recoverable bolts.  Now I might get 1 out of a hundred.  Is this an actual change?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1151 on: October 11, 2013, 06:48:09 am »

It seems to me that in this version I almost never get a recoverable bolt after a miss.  I could just be imagining this, but I'm used to my battlefields being littered with recoverable bolts.  Now I might get 1 out of a hundred.  Is this an actual change?
nope

RandomName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: October 11, 2013, 09:13:27 am »

How are embark points determined? I used up all my points on an embark, then saved the setup. When I abandoned that fort (no coal) and started over somewhere else in the same world, I used the saved embark-profile. However, I now have 399 points to spare and I can't see anything missing from the list, nor did I get a warning about items being unavailable. Did I just mess up somehow or does it vary how many points you get when embarking?

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: October 11, 2013, 10:21:42 am »

Its a random amount with the defined embark points being a minimum.  I've seen up to 500 points above the defined minimum.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Rimbinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: October 11, 2013, 11:00:04 am »

few questions: How do I pasture pets in the warbeast kennels, so I could train whole bunch of them because currently I get trained only ones attached to the trainer or nearby the building ?
Is it possible to assign certain material then producing items, if so how ? for example can I assigning only crystal tree logs to the carpenter.
Related to the Amock temple and such : for example if I want to sacrifice something and i don't have materials the option is reded out so then I press it i could find items needed and items produced. So how can I do the same then I do have materials in case I forgot the outcome of production?
How do I get rid of pest-like pets in cages since i can't butcher them?
How does the dump sites work ? I assign a site for it but my dwarves doesn't put any items marked with D there?

thank you for help
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 165