Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201446 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #900 on: September 15, 2013, 10:38:22 pm »

Are "Friendly" corpses created with the black altar supposed to be friendly? Mine are immediately kill-deathy.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #901 on: September 15, 2013, 10:55:23 pm »

If they were hostiles when they were alive, they will be hostile upon undeath. try corpses of civ members or pets...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: September 16, 2013, 01:31:36 pm »

Another about the biologist. If I dissect dwarves, does the result debuff my own dwarves?
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

ranger22550

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: September 16, 2013, 04:50:38 pm »

whats a mentalist? one of my dwarfs shows a mentalist curse but the wards don't recognize it and are not fixing him and i have never heard of that curse.i have just cleared out a circus tent with a nice candy weapon trap with glowing tile haven't breached the big top yet. and the wikis don't know about it either

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: September 16, 2013, 05:57:40 pm »

Are there any DFHack tools that can identify any currently active syndromes that may be flying around my fort? In a cursory investigation all I see is nausea, no unidentifiable coverings... but I'd also run clean so maybe I removed it already, but the syndrome still exists.

First autumn, a caravan came as well as some kobolds and a snatcher or two. A month or two earlier a group of olmpeople managed to sneak through my fort while I was in the process of walling off the caverns. Only one dwarf has died so far, to a snatcher before it fled, but now all my dwarves are nauseous, as is the caravan, and subsequently vomiting everywhere. If this were real life (is this fantasy?), I could maybe understand a kind of vomit-spiral wherein a gruesome death might cause one or two dwarves to lose their lunch, and the smell and the conspicuous presence of vomit everywhere causing even the most hardy dwarf to retch, but I know that doesn't quite happen yet. I'm pretty sure one of the caravan guards was vomiting as soon as he entered the map but I don't know which one it was (and it maybe irrelevant now anyway since, as mentioned above, I cleaned the map and units).

ranger22550

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: September 16, 2013, 06:37:14 pm »

Are there any DFHack tools that can identify any currently active syndromes that may be flying around my fort? In a cursory investigation all I see is nausea, no unidentifiable coverings... but I'd also run clean so maybe I removed it already, but the syndrome still exists.

First autumn, a caravan came as well as some kobolds and a snatcher or two. A month or two earlier a group of olmpeople managed to sneak through my fort while I was in the process of walling off the caverns. Only one dwarf has died so far, to a snatcher before it fled, but now all my dwarves are nauseous, as is the caravan, and subsequently vomiting everywhere. If this were real life (is this fantasy?), I could maybe understand a kind of vomit-spiral wherein a gruesome death might cause one or two dwarves to lose their lunch, and the smell and the conspicuous presence of vomit everywhere causing even the most hardy dwarf to retch, but I know that doesn't quite happen yet. I'm pretty sure one of the caravan guards was vomiting as soon as he entered the map but I don't know which one it was (and it maybe irrelevant now anyway since, as mentioned above, I cleaned the map and units).
showunitsyndrome

LordNippes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: September 17, 2013, 04:02:09 am »

Is there any way in Masterwork to set up a glass-industry for windows and blocks without sand on the map?

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: September 17, 2013, 04:14:26 am »

The millstone can grind rocks into sand still I believe.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: September 17, 2013, 05:35:15 am »

Is there any way in Masterwork to set up a glass-industry for windows and blocks without sand on the map?

Yes, there is!

The powered millstone can grind rocks into sand if you give it a bag. For infinite sand, you can go into the save game raws and remove the [REACTION_CLASS:IS_STONE] tag from the reaction, so you could use any collectable soil's boulder to initiate the reaction. 

If you want to stay 'legit' and get infinite rocks to gind, there's obsidian farming from vanilla or... 5 rocks of the generic/nonflux type can always be bought from Bomrek's Bargains for 1k copper, and you can make infinite copper coins selling renewable items like raw fish, wood, booze, melted siege equipment based items etc. But before you go crazy with the rock smashing, understand that if all you all you want are endless blocks, there's the Brick Oven. You can currently use any collectable soil's boulders in a brick oven for 4x magma proof blocks of whatever color you damned well want - no fuel needed. I'm sure you can imitate the look of green or clear glass block walls and floors with one of the colors available through the brick oven.

That would leave the the job of windows to sand. If you can settle for green glass windows then well there you have it. If you want to go fancy and use clear glass for the windows then you can get potash from the slag pit (trees work too) and then bake it in the kiln to convert the potash into pearlash. Keep in mind if you have peat, you can press it into fuel to power the kiln for the potash to pearlash reaction.... infinite clear glass windows!

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: September 17, 2013, 08:58:35 am »

is there a way to stop immigrant waves?  i saw the immigrant wave reaction at the embassy and wondered if the opposite was possible other than in lowering the population cap
btw, sorry for my poor search abilities :x
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: September 17, 2013, 12:31:20 pm »

First year waves are hardcoded.
You can ignore any next ones just by having very low pop cap.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: September 17, 2013, 05:33:40 pm »

showunitsyndrome

Thanks, now I Just need some help interpreting the result, since the dfhack readme doesn't appear to include showunitsyndromes (ctrl-f syndrome) nor could I find any documentation via google. To wit:

zust altosid
 - mystery [11187 of 3600-33600]
 -  - ###Nausea [600-3600] power = 100
 -  - ###Nausea [5600-11600] power = 75
 -  - Nausea [15000-20600] power = 50
 -  - ###Nausea [24200-33600] power = 25
 -  - ###Add interaction [60-11200] ability=Spread illness, delay=20
 - Immune [permanent]
 -  - Physical [permanent] speed(100%)

I take this to mean that the syndrome isn't too big off a deal since it only causes nausea. However, obviously it can spread, and I am concerned that while a dwarf may wait out 33600 time units and be cured, it may get passed back onto him from someone else whose infection hasn't run out yet. Or is the purpose of Immune [permanent] precisely to negate this, meaning that anyone infected can't be infected again afterward?

What is the meaning of the last line? A permanent 100% reduction in speed?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #912 on: September 17, 2013, 05:49:18 pm »

The 100% speed is completely harmless, its just used to add a syn-class, which blocks re-infection. The Patient 0 will stay virulent, but all other dwarves will become immune after they have gotten sick. they heal when the syndrome times out, after a month I think.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Trojanhamster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: September 17, 2013, 05:51:09 pm »

More just curious than anything, but I just had a necromancer siege show up in the second year of my new fort and within a few frames three of the four zombies fell over dead-dead for no obvious reason. A final zombie (as well as a few hidden necromancers I'm guessing) sits by a camp fire outside, but I'm just curious what happened to the first three zombies. Did Masterwork change how zombies function in some way that might have caused this? We're in a freezing biome if that might affect it.

ranger22550

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: September 17, 2013, 05:56:52 pm »

showunitsyndrome

Thanks, now I Just need some help interpreting the result, since the dfhack readme doesn't appear to include showunitsyndromes (ctrl-f syndrome) nor could I find any documentation via google. To wit:

zust altosid
 - mystery [11187 of 3600-33600]
 -  - ###Nausea [600-3600] power = 100
 -  - ###Nausea [5600-11600] power = 75
 -  - Nausea [15000-20600] power = 50
 -  - ###Nausea [24200-33600] power = 25
 -  - ###Add interaction [60-11200] ability=Spread illness, delay=20
 - Immune [permanent]
 -  - Physical [permanent] speed(100%)

I take this to mean that the syndrome isn't too big off a deal since it only causes nausea. However, obviously it can spread, and I am concerned that while a dwarf may wait out 33600 time units and be cured, it may get passed back onto him from someone else whose infection hasn't run out yet. Or is the purpose of Immune [permanent] precisely to negate this, meaning that anyone infected can't be infected again afterward?

What is the meaning of the last line? A permanent 100% reduction in speed?
its a illness like the flu but different once a dwarf gets over it they go back to normal its not a 100% reduction then it would be 0% it goes back to normal at the same time the dwarf gets immune to that illness for life. the dwarf whose the carrier doesn't get over it and will keep infecting new migrants so you need to Quarantine  them one by one till one doesn't get better that's the carrier and needs to be "pampered" like nobles under a drawbridge cause they are incurable and will keep infecting migrants and merchants and diplomats. you could keep checking dwarfs till one is different then all the others in the dfhack screen buts that's not fun
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 165