Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201856 times)

Navatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #450 on: July 08, 2013, 06:33:46 pm »

As you cannot make furniture directly from cut crystal glass(go figure), you need pearlash.
Now, where the heck is the reaction to make it? The two obvious answers being either ashery or chemist proved wrong. Manual doesnt even mention it. Making potash is still there.
I did some digging through the raws and except finding quite a mess with leftovers, only found that the chemist should indeed have a reaction "refine pearlash". Needless to say, its not there. Job manager only notes that "make pearlash" is a valid reaction. Somewhere.

A hand would be appreciated.

Pearlash is a vanilla reaction. It is made from potash at the kiln (or magma kiln) which I believe has been renamed to the clay oven.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 09, 2013, 02:50:55 am »

Ill check it out ,thank you.

If its there, I think it really shouldnt be. It doesnt really belong in a place called a "clay oven". Or just note that in the manual. Either way works i guess.

Edit

Where are the supplies stored?
My warlock loot goes to the finished good stockipile, but when i try to separate items (not using bins on fg, screw that buggy stuff) I just cant find the option for them. There are arena rewards and warlock loot options for them, but only for materail, not item types.
Apparently there are several of those scattered all over the stockpile options.

Edit2

Are tear and blood of armok finite the same way bone is?
I was suprised to learn than boa just spawns a couple of pretty random bars, rather than being able to get slow, yet infinite income.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 08:55:47 am by Z1000000m »

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 09, 2013, 10:17:40 am »

Are tear and blood of armok finite the same way bone is?

Nope, tear and blood are everlasting.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 09, 2013, 12:42:22 pm »

Where is blood in the stockpiles (i.e. the product of extract blood/reagent of bloodwine)?

Sound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 09, 2013, 02:26:50 pm »

Anyone know if the smelt-item-yields are changed in Masterwork compared to vanilla? Is the exploit still viable? Asking because I tried making a couple of giant axe blades and melting them down again, which cost me a bar, instead of gaining one.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 09, 2013, 03:08:18 pm »

Ill check it out ,thank you.

If its there, I think it really shouldnt be. It doesnt really belong in a place called a "clay oven". Or just note that in the manual. Either way works i guess.
The process of making Pearl Ash in real life is to bake potash in a kiln.  Toady put it there and it is a vanilla reaction. The closest thing to a manual in DF is the DF Wiki (http://dwarffortresswiki.org). MW doesn't have to regurgitate everything on that site to cover the vanilla stuff.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 09, 2013, 03:48:18 pm »

Z1oooom: If you make a Finished Goods stockpile set to only allow "tools", of the (warlock loot) stone material, they should separate out.

Sound: Are you using Harder Smelting?

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 09, 2013, 04:17:16 pm »

Z1oooom: If you make a Finished Goods stockpile set to only allow "tools", of the (warlock loot) stone material, they should separate out.

Sound: Are you using Harder Smelting?
So they're tools.

Thanks.

But it wont work if its in bins. I screwed and allowed bins on one. If anyone ends up with useless barrels, bins (effin hauling changes) just use the same trick that lets you disarm prisoners. Mass D, remove d on storage items, autodump, reclaim.

The process of making Pearl Ash in real life is to bake potash in a kiln.  Toady put it there and it is a vanilla reaction. The closest thing to a manual in DF is the DF Wiki (http://dwarffortresswiki.org). MW doesn't have to regurgitate everything on that site to cover the vanilla stuff.

I see no logic in what you said. I stated that having pearlash making reaction in a workshop thats named CLAY OVEN makes little sense.
What you did was pretty much call me stupid by adding a link to df wiki, which a) pretty much anyone worth their money knows inside out already b) has no relation to the topic at hand. At all.
You are also wrong, as there no less than 3 seperate manuals attached to the download, so thats the closest thing related to  the topic.
I dont even feel like talking about the last sentence as it feels like a cheap troll there.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 04:24:59 pm by Z1000000m »

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 09, 2013, 06:10:23 pm »

Anyone the keybind to take text from in game for use on the forums off the to of their head? I for some reason am unable to find where ever I'm sure it is clearly stated, unless I'm just losing it, as that is completely possible as well.

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 09, 2013, 06:20:10 pm »

Anyone the keybind to take text from in game for use on the forums off the to of their head? I for some reason am unable to find where ever I'm sure it is clearly stated, unless I'm just losing it, as that is completely possible as well.
Ctrl-Shift-P

The file you were looking for was either the forumdwarves.txt file or the dfhack.init, both list the shortcut for that plugin.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 09, 2013, 06:51:26 pm »

@Z100000000000m
You asked why Pearlash was made at a clay oven (which is called a kiln), I pointed out that pearl ash is actually made in a kiln in real life. I also pointed out that Toady, the developer of DF, put the reaction there and there is no reason for Meph to change it.

You continually ask why something isn't in the manual, without the understanding that MW is a mod to the vanilla game. If the MW manual doesn't have the info, then the next source to go to would be the DF Wiki because what you are looking for is part of vanilla. And if you knew that inside and out, then you wouldn't be asking about pearlash.

For example:  What's the melting point of copper?  :  well, copper is a vanilla metal, so check the wiki.
                     What's the melting point of welded mithril?  :  well, welded mithril is a MW metal and the information is not in the included manual, so ask on the forums.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 07:16:03 pm by Billy Jack »
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Chiasm

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 10, 2013, 02:08:32 am »

How exactly do guilds work? Both my smith guild dwarf and a normal dwarf got the same amount of exp (30) for making iron battleaxes.

Therapist also seems to list guilded dwarves as -100% exp mod for all skills, instead of the -50% everyone else gets.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 10, 2013, 12:15:11 pm »

You get the first -50% because of the Harder Learning setting in the MW launcher.

You get the second -50% because of the guildmember receiving an additional penalty via [slow_learner] (I think that's the tag). The guildmember then gets the bonuses to the specific skills for his guild.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 10, 2013, 12:37:38 pm »

But it wont work if its in bins. I screwed and allowed bins on one. If anyone ends up with useless barrels, bins (effin hauling changes) just use the same trick that lets you disarm prisoners. Mass D, remove d on storage items, autodump, reclaim.

Do you mean the dwarves won't haul warlock loot to the new stockpile?  If so, disallow warlock loot (either tools or the material) on all stockpiles that allow bins (except the one you want them moved to, if that one allows bins).  The dwarves have no problem with removing items from bins if the bin isn't in a stockpile that allows those items.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 10, 2013, 03:40:31 pm »

So, here's the thing... three of my dwarves disappeared. Usually, I'd blame vampire... but there are no corpses. No blood. No combat reports. Nothing in my magma pool. They're just gone. ("missing" in "u"nit list).

What happened? UFO? Bigfoot? Should I call Mulder and Scully or Dean and Sam?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 165