Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201785 times)

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #480 on: July 16, 2013, 09:09:18 am »

The dwarf or animal at the center of the cloud may have rotten limbs then.  Check the thoughts and preferences page.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 18, 2013, 01:38:14 am »

Unidentified miasma sources?

I have a few areas (in my hospital).  Make a long story short, miasma everywhere.  I removed all the dead people yet I still see miasma, no dead people or rotting items... any ideas... maybe I'm missing something.

does processed chittin armor rot?

Chitin armor won't rot, but necrotic dwarf body parts will.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 20, 2013, 05:17:34 am »

Do you have enough doctors to hack away carefully removed the rotting flesh of your dwarves?

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #483 on: July 20, 2013, 09:18:42 am »

Do multiple runes of the same type on different pieces of armor stack? If I give +10% speed on 2 pieces do they get +20%?
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #484 on: July 20, 2013, 10:45:25 am »

@silentdeth: No, runes dont stack. It's actually impossible to put the same one on the same item twice.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 20, 2013, 10:58:42 am »

No, runes dont stack. It's actually impossible to put the same one on the same item twice.

For the umpteenth time –
So I’ll ask this for hopefully the first time:

I’ve been PWOTiming with DF for about a year now, MW mod for the past eight months or so.  I’ve worked my way through the 740+ pages of MW discussion and most of the vanilla Wiki.  Both the hardcode core and the mod are continually updating but most of the major kinks seem to have been worked out. 

If I had one wish, a freebie, it would be that the SMF search engine was better.  Or that I was better at understanding how to use it, either way works. 

Is this a common thing?  Most questions (newbie and non-newbie) seem to be asked more than once, answered more than once and yet it isn’t often easy to find answers with a keyword search or an “advanced” search on the Bay12 forum.  Whyizzat?   Would it help if an answer were tagged, KEYWORD: [whatever] ?  … using keyword/colon combo as a searchable item?   Granted, sometimes it isn’t all that hard to find the answer to a question with the current SMF engine but mostly, it is.

[and if this question has already been asked and answered, feel free to point out the irony of ignorance but then maybe add which search terms would have pointed that out – and thanks]
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #486 on: July 20, 2013, 11:27:34 am »

Yeah, the search engine of the board is horrible. Try monitoring a mod whose name is a common word in ingame terminology. What idiot had the idea of naming it "masterwork df", because surely no one could use the word "masterwork" when talking about general Df items of that quality.

In short, nope, its not just you, stuff is hard to find. And many questions have been asked dozens of times... great respect to Putnam, who probably answered the same modding questions 50-odd times and more. I myself am astonished how often some things are repeatetly asked that have just been answered, like the happiness monitor that is included in falconnes plugins.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 20, 2013, 11:55:22 am »

Looking at the raws it looks like the tavern and temple songs/blessing are line of sight? Is this intended and necessary? According to the wiki omitting the line of sight argument will make it go through walls, which would seem to be preferable for things like this, unless I am misunderstanding something.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #488 on: July 20, 2013, 12:07:09 pm »

Line of sight is needed, otherwise an interaction with 25 range would go through 25 solid tiles, reaching even the miners in a mineshaft far away. I think line-of-sight makes more sense, at the very least for the music. The blessings are contagious enough to effect every dwarf anyway, they use the same model of interaction I use for the old diseases, and people always reported that the entire fort is affected in no time.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 20, 2013, 03:05:26 pm »

the happiness monitor that is included in falconnes plugins.

*shudder*

Anyway, I use the google search whenever possible.

Salperticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 20, 2013, 03:14:11 pm »

So. After looking for an answer in the web, in this forum and in various other sources -the manual or the plant guide for example- I still could not find an answer. Maybe one of you can help me out.

I know that the range of crops you can plant on your fields is based on the actual biome you set up the farm in, and therefore another part of the map can get a different result. But somehow, I seem unable to plant a lot of the additional plants at all. I mean, the new ones which are brought in by the masterwork mod in general are available. But the ones which I get by the 'More PLant Types' option in the settings don't seem to show up in the farming menu. (At least it is my guess that the few which show up are included in the 'basic' mod.) I can buy a couple of them as plants or seeds at embark or from caravans (depending on whom I trade with), but I can't plant them.

What are the influencing factors which decide which plants can be assigned to be planted and which not? Any ideas?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 21, 2013, 05:36:20 pm »

will the fountain of eternal youth heal rotten limbs?

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 21, 2013, 05:48:46 pm »

Is there any known issue with seeded farm plots becoming unseeded randomly?

Not 100% sure if this is a masterwork or vanilla issue. I haven't done the due diligence but I think it might be related to discovering the caverns and causing cavern flora to spawn in empty underground soil, even though I would think it shouldn't since these tiles are covered by the farm so it should prevent anything from trying to spawn. Or maybe it's just random vermin somehow eating the seed from the plot, though I doubt that as well.

Anyone happen to know why this happens?

Also, is green glass still magma safe? I assume so since vanilla glass is hard coded, not in the raw files, but I wasn't sure if maybe DFHack did anything to it or if the glass industry was re-done entirely by masterwork.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 05:51:20 pm by Niveras »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 21, 2013, 09:16:15 pm »

I built some various mw buildings that list "====skill all====" as an option to build, what does this do?  I'm sure it's specific to each building, some example of buildings I have up are philospher's garden, scriptorium, etc...

Update:
I get it now, each building is associated with certain skills (would be nice if it said what skill in the ui vs the manual).  So i would be wise to set workshop profile's and only allow certain dwarf's to use them.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 10:19:10 pm by thistleknot »

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 23, 2013, 01:22:27 pm »

I am confused about the purpose of scarecrows. To make one you must first make wicker, then make that into a scarecrow, then animate it with a sprite. According to the manual their only purpose is to detect ambushes. How exactly is that different than the sprite itself? I see no reason to spend the time, labor, and plants to build a scarecrow, ever.

Also, what all does luck effect? Just making better quality items?  Or will it change things like how successful a raid is?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 01:28:45 pm by silentdeth »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 165