Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190868 times)

fasquardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #225 on: June 04, 2013, 12:29:28 am »

fasquardon: Your fixes dont work. They also accept the globs and make 3-4x times as many leather then. You'd get 18 leather from one horse for example. And there are only shorn leather and rigid scale, thats it. I already have fixed reactions for it here, so no worries. ;) I think I forgot to add it to the changelog?

My reactions work fine in my current game.  And I saw that you said you fixed the problem in your changelog, but your fixes didn't seem to have worked.

Like I say, it wasn't just the shorn leathers that were a problem, but also chitin and shell from fish.

I didn't butcher any animals, so you might be right about the overproduction there.  I'll try and see next time I play.

fasquardon

dimondmine2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 04, 2013, 10:53:08 am »

A current bug I have (atleast I think it is a bug) is in the research workshop. Whenever the workshop creates a unique ammo, such as "hide root plant jagged arrows", the dwarves refuse to move it into the ammo stockpile.

lukstra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 04, 2013, 03:43:03 pm »

Something very strange happened. I had a dwarven baby who was born a warlock spy, and then all of a sudden, I got the message: "Reg Delerakun has transformed into a warlock spy!" (he was labeled as berserk on the unit screen)
I order my miliary to kill the baby, which they easily accomplish (even though it is still on the mother), and afterwards the corpse is placed in a refuse stockpile, whereupon it is butchered, and Reg Delerakun's meat was picked up by a cook to make some catfish roast.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 04, 2013, 03:46:24 pm »

Something very strange happened. I had a dwarven baby who was born a warlock spy, and then all of a sudden, I got the message: "Reg Delerakun has transformed into a warlock spy!" (he was labeled as berserk on the unit screen)
I order my miliary to kill the baby, which they easily accomplish (even though it is still on the mother), and afterwards the corpse is placed in a refuse stockpile, whereupon it is butchered, and Reg Delerakun's meat was picked up by a cook to make some catfish roast.

I noticed that my tame "Necromancer in disguise" bled "unknown creature substance" when he did the first time around (didn't check the second time) - probably the same problem.  I'm guessing those creatures don't have materials set for some of their body parts.

My necromancer wasn't butcherable, though...
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 04, 2013, 04:15:40 pm »

All this INORGANIC:BLANK is kinda bothering me. NONE:NONE causes no issues and doesn't have that ugly space.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 04, 2013, 04:45:13 pm »

Having a bit of an issue with castes. Mainly, Of all of the migrants in my fort, not a single one is a savant, a guilddwarf, or whatever. They are all completely normal.

I have Castes set to ON, and I went into the object testing arena and saw all the castes listed in the spawn list, but none have arrived at my fort.

The most indication I got that a dwarf was special was when one of my starting seven had the prefstring "A short, sturdy creature fond of the moon and industry."

So masterwork veterans, wat do?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 04, 2013, 06:05:37 pm »

Having a bit of an issue with castes. Mainly, Of all of the migrants in my fort, not a single one is a savant, a guilddwarf, or whatever. They are all completely normal.

I have Castes set to ON, and I went into the object testing arena and saw all the castes listed in the spawn list, but none have arrived at my fort.

The most indication I got that a dwarf was special was when one of my starting seven had the prefstring "A short, sturdy creature fond of the moon and industry."

Build guildhall and the military building, and use it to add your dwarves to guilds.  Guild replaces the old caste system.  Moon guy is something else which I won't describe unless you ask to have it spoiled.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 06:09:38 pm by smakemupagus »

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 04, 2013, 06:50:02 pm »

Build guildhall and the military building, and use it to add your dwarves to guilds.  Guild replaces the old caste system.  Moon guy is something else which I won't describe unless you ask to have it spoiled.

So guild members are that rare? I simply assumed a glitch had robbed me of that system and that guildhalls would break the game.

I guess i'll build one and see what happens

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 04, 2013, 11:31:08 pm »

So guild members are that rare? I simply assumed a glitch had robbed me of that system and that guildhalls would break the game.

I guess i'll build one and see what happens

In my fortress of 200+ dwarves, I've gotten perhaps 5 migrants with pre-existing guilds.  A legionnnaire, a couple cooks... and maybe a few more, I don't remember exactly.  I've deliberately given guilds to another 15 or so (mostly military), but most of my dwarves are still ordinary.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 05, 2013, 02:27:08 am »

How do you manage FPS with that many dwarves?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 05, 2013, 04:08:24 am »

masterwork

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #236 on: June 05, 2013, 11:55:57 am »

It seems that sending a dwarf to meditate on FOEY (Fountain of Eternal Youth), and canceling it while he hasnt yet reached it will instantly convert him onto lifemancer.
This may be casuality, but worked twice.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 05, 2013, 02:13:19 pm »

My FPS mostly hovers around 15.  It got down to 7 at one point, until I used DFHack to balance out the magma under my forges (so it would stop flowing).

My idler count seems to have a large effect on FPS - when all my dwarves are working, it drops to about 10.  I've never actually looked at my idler count, but judging by the number of "No Job" entries in the unit list, it's got to be at least 50 most of the time.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 05, 2013, 07:13:42 pm »

If you get an Intel i7 core you can get 60~ frames per second with 120+ dorfs. I remember trying dwarf fortress on my friends shiny new computer and being amazed at the speed :o

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 07, 2013, 01:41:29 am »

If Warpstone is turned off {  !NOWARP!  } then the reactions for Warpstone landmines and turrets should also be turned off.

They currently generate errors in the error log.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 142