Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190890 times)

cloaknsmoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #240 on: June 07, 2013, 11:01:15 pm »

According to the changelog, changelings and sprites are supposed to breed, but I have had both male and female ones in my fort for years without them breeding. The raws don't seem to indicate that they lay eggs. Do the really breed?

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 07, 2013, 11:44:53 pm »

According to the changelog, changelings and sprites are supposed to breed, but I have had both male and female ones in my fort for years without them breeding. The raws don't seem to indicate that they lay eggs. Do the really breed?

I don't think Meph has actually released the version where they breed.

Apparently the problem is females won't breed if they can't move, so you need to remove the [IMMOBILE] tag from the creature raws.  Should work in an existing save.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 08, 2013, 07:16:01 pm »

itemsyndrome requires that the creature have both a matching creature class and a matching caste.

If you don't specify a caste or class, it affects everything equally just fine.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 08, 2013, 07:32:43 pm »

itemsyndrome requires that the creature have both a matching creature class and a matching caste.

I though about mentioning that, but I figured it would be more confusing than helpful.  Fixes based on adding the necessary classes can be sloppy and still work, while fixing the problem by removing every caste and class has to be done exactly right (if one caste or class is left in, it won't work).
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

eimirae

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 08, 2013, 11:04:48 pm »

I have a save game where I've isolated a consistent game crash.  On my system, if I run the save game, it will crash every time within a second.

I can stop the crash from happening by disabling wood hauling, item hauling, burial and furniture hauling.  I couldn't narrow it down any more than that though. Thought I would upload it here as I am running masterwork.

Here is the save game zipped.  I think I included everything needed to play the save:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/thw43kf73zf8acl/region1.zip
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dsa16f7zjtkdzqu/current.zip

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 08, 2013, 11:22:48 pm »

I have some itemsyndrome items that I had tested in the past (they have SYN_AFFECTED_CREATUREs but no creature class), probably with older versions of itemsyndrome, but just got a bug report that they're not working in the latest version.  Do I need to add a class to make them work?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 08, 2013, 11:33:54 pm »

You shouldn't, but it seems you may.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 08, 2013, 11:43:13 pm »

OK, I see....  well, I'll let you know when I confirm the bug report, whether or not that fixes it for our items too.

FengYun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 09, 2013, 05:22:54 am »

The furniture workshop requires to choose building materials two times, both of which are 2 blocks. I suppose, this could be changed to 4 blocks in one line to save clicks/key presses and not to choose the same materials twice.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Rockforge has the same bug.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 11:04:25 am by FengYun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #249 on: June 10, 2013, 03:09:56 am »

All read and noted.

Bugfix, Stockpile CleanUp and Kobold Camp version is right around the corner. IF I do find internet that is fast enough to upload 50mb, which is questionable.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 12, 2013, 12:49:40 am »

The reaction to join the sorcerer's guild is not enabled in the entity_default.txt file.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

misiekm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 12, 2013, 02:53:56 am »

Will the bodysize fix from http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127025.0 be included in this new Bugfix?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 12, 2013, 03:28:51 am »

There's a DFhack script fix that doesn't need editing the raws.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.msg4313566#msg4313566

misiekm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 13, 2013, 06:01:46 am »

Thank you... but my attemps to understand how to get Kurik Amudnil' script to work (or the earlier one posted by Putnam) have failed miserably. Would anyone care to post a quick guide on how to make it work? :)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 13, 2013, 06:10:28 am »

Thank you... but my attemps to understand how to get Kurik Amudnil' script to work (or the earlier one posted by Putnam) have failed miserably. Would anyone care to post a quick guide on how to make it work? :)

ajg1j12 - Looks like PeridexisErrant's latest version of the Lazy Newb Pack already has Kurik's script installed.

If you want to apply it to an existing installation, rather than switching over your saves, follow these steps:

Spoiler: Step by Step Guide (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 142