Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190897 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #180 on: May 26, 2013, 07:21:37 pm »

FengYun: If you could give a list of those bugs... I might have a look. But I dont know about anything major being broken. Biggest things are probably mithril for elves and bifrost for forges.

DG123: Why make another post about it, if there is already a Suggestions thread? Answer is no btw, cant be done.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CheeseHolePete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 27, 2013, 12:31:16 am »

And while they're at it, making miners wear armour by default would also be a very good thing.

Would you want to mine 10 hours a day in a full suit of plate mail? I sure as hell wouldn't  ;)

Hefateus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 28, 2013, 12:53:16 am »

Bug report on 3a windows version with Phoebus tileset. Library supplies are still being kept in the finished goods "tools" area instead of the created "library supplies" and the "library goods" stockpile

Bug Report
[REACTION:TAN_A_HIDE_TOUGH_LEATHER]
   [NAME:tan skin to tough leather]
   [BUILDING:TANNER:CUSTOM_H]
     [REAGENT:A:4:GLOB:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:SKIN][UNROTTEN]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL_EXOTIC:LEATHER_EXOTIC][REACTION_CLASS:EXOTIC]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL_EXOTIC:LEATHER]
   [PRODUCT:15:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:STENCH][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   [SKILL:LEATHERWORK]
   [AUTOMATIC]

Currently is says ANIMAL_EXOTIC:LEATHER_EXOTIC
Changing this should fix the problem with pekyts not tanning out right and bring you one step closer to lamellar leather glory.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 05:33:24 pm by Hefateus »

Corundum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 28, 2013, 09:14:41 pm »

My metalcrafter was sent to the guildhall to join the smiths guild but when the reaction ran, her son next to her joined instead. I like to think that she just wanted a good education for her son.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 28, 2013, 11:22:16 pm »

My metalcrafter was sent to the guildhall to join the smiths guild but when the reaction ran, her son next to her joined instead. I like to think that she just wanted a good education for her son.

I'm thinking autoSyndrome might not be working properly.  That plugin is definitely present in DFHack, but the workshop effects appear to be governed by the boiling rock physics.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 29, 2013, 12:07:55 am »

Are the failures that you're seeing (a) ~50% success rate; with many transforms not taking place at all or (b) ~100% success rate for transforms, but things like "worker only" aren't being respected?

If the latter then it's probably the backwards slash issue discussed earlier in the thread, not a total failure of the autoSyndrome to trigger.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 29, 2013, 07:28:12 am »

Bug report on 3a windows version with Phoebus tileset. Library supplies are still being kept in the finished goods "tools" area instead of the created "library supplies" and the "library goods" stockpile

I believe the way it's setup they are tools and books, with the material of "library supplies/goods". At least that's how I was getting them to work in my last fortress. A tools/books stockpile with the only material types as "library supplies/goods", and the one type of stone I was making my jugs out of because ink was the only thing I was using them for.

It also could have been complete luck that the supplies got to the right place though.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 29, 2013, 10:53:01 am »

Are the failures that you're seeing (a) ~50% success rate; with many transforms not taking place at all or (b) ~100% success rate for transforms, but things like "worker only" aren't being respected?

If the latter then it's probably the backwards slash issue discussed earlier in the thread, not a total failure of the autoSyndrome to trigger.

It's (b).  Guess I'll go looking for the fix to that backslash issue.

I did have one case of a dwarf being immune to the guilds; deleting a syndrome from him using DFHack removed his immunity.  I hadn't figured out how to see syndrome names at that point, so I don't know what syndrome it was.  Maybe it was one of my Ward's curing effects?  Does the Ward use permanent transforms when it cures dwarves?

By the way, the Ward doesn't seem to be able to fully cure sleeper zombies/necromancers.  I've had a couple of dwarves turn OPPOSED_TO_LIFE long after the ward had cured them.  I trained an Earthbound and finished the curing process with his "Destroy Undead" ability... it was tricky, though, because he was in the military (as a hammerdwarf) and liked to kill the dwarves after curing them.  I savescummed the first time he did this, but when he did it again a while later I just resurrected the dead dwarf with my Lifemancer... and it came back as a tame "Necromancer in disguise".  I tossed it off a cliff and gave it a coffin.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #188 on: May 29, 2013, 11:13:19 am »

Transformed creatures revert back to their original creature once dead. You "cured" the guy by transforming him, but after he died he became a "necromancer in disguise"-corpse. And that one your Lifemancer did resurrect.

Someone immune to guilds? From a syndrome? Cant be. The possessed dwarves however cant join guilds, it would "cure" them as well, so I left that out. Maybe it was this guy?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 29, 2013, 11:49:49 am »

Hi,

Bit of a mismash of bugs and minor suggestions from the my changelog (many of these are repeats from previous posts), but though wuld be useful to get in one location.

---

=========================================
Fix

[SYN_CLASS:/ to [SYN_CLASS:\
[SYN_CLASS:\RESET_DURATION_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED:2] to fountain of life (i.e. get the full heal transform only once)
make special castes immune to transforming into themselves (e.g. lifemancer) so can't get double effect from things like damage force reduction.
changed several reaction to only effect one unit rather than all in location (e.g. warbeast armoring)
remove contact/inhale from all auto syndrome reaction (not required)
removed reaction_index from all auto syndrome reaction (not required for any of the existing reactions)
# - inorganic_zmasterwork.txt (fixed tags, removed unneeded, added immunity to double tranformation (e.g. being 3 times lifemancer). TODO: issues with female transformations at temples.
# - inorganic_dfhack.txt
# - inorganic_guild.txt
# - inorganic_z_orcfort_magic.txt
# - inorganic_z_orcfort.txt

#some archeology (relics) give single units of ammo instead of stacks of 25
#superior dagger
#bifrost bar usage
#temple building requirements
#copy blueprint missing (reations missing from entity file)
#blackpowder should be of type INORGANIC:GUNPOWDER (allows stockpiling)
#bricks missing BUILD_COLOR (prevents floor/wall color showing in stonesense)
#rock grinding reaction fix
#used copper bar instead of any bar to make bullet turret
#missing library reactions,
#itemsyndrome end times from 200->2000 for permenent while worn effects (stream armors, flamethrower, netthrower)
#itemsyndrome not applying (i fixed with modifed itemsyndromes script, instead of raw changes but can do in raws instead)
Some smelter reactions dropping slag bars instead of slag tools (due to slag ore chance on minerals?)

Balance

#Production of special pets (toolkit, sprite, changling) for if dwarven civ is dead/have no trade.
#toolkits - Added female caste (20%) (Dog sized clockwork automations: moves, vermin hunting, cleaning, breeding)
#toolkits - Added reaction to artificer to 'Upgrade' pet+steel mechanism into a clockwork automation (25% automation, 75% toolkit)
#spirits\changling - Not breeding as immobile? Added reaction to warpstone lab to convert any any pet+warpstone into one of these (todo: add 1% failure convert dwarf also?)

#Changed steam-armour to have stat:1%:+5000 instead of stat:5000%:+0
#make coal reaction not require fuel (removed fuel requirements from all, basic smelter had output dropped by 1 to make up for it).
#rust removal slag reduction
#all collususes + guardian of armok got [NATURAL_SKILL:MELEE_COMBAT:6][NATURAL_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE:6][NATURAL_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE:6] as were not hitting in combat.
#add reactions to make bolt/arrow_4 in stacks of 45 (small size, small contact area but very low penetration depth ammo, intended to )
#added poison reactions for stacks of 45 ammo (don't make in stack size of 50 as can then poison bullet stacks)
#NOT TESTED: add rune smithing stuff
#NOT TESTED: add multi-rune (e.g. apply rune x, y, z to item in single reaction, done in batches on 3 simular runes. adamite/orcium not included in batches)
#NOT TESTED: add poison coating stuff
#add relic archelology result to produce runes.
#add rune chance to expedition results
#Cannon ammo seems too cheap (per shot cheaper than musket ammo!, and better in every way). Change from 2 steel->25 ammo to 2 steel & 2 blackpowder->25 ammo (vs large bullets 2 metal & 1 blackpowder->50 ammo).
#Removed all read essay reactions (to tidy up libraryies), make essays library supplies to stock near scriptouium
Golems from temple don't get any combat skills (retain origional dwarves, but seem to learn from fighting. Is this intended)

CONSIDER: Muskets should probably be 2 handed weapons for all dwarves (e.g. pistol + shield or musket) [from my reading most dwarves are large enough to use single handed]
CONSIDER: vanilla smelter is 1 ore to 4 bars (after rock drop changes)
CONSIDER: cold hammer is sometimes more efficient (1->1) than crucible. (particuallar for rare minerals)
CONSIDER: toolkit are extremly delicate, if you start an embark with several animals can end up dead before have a chance to move them.
CONDISER: NOT TESTED: think cannon ammo/imported bullets (e.g. stack size 25) can be poison coated, intended?
CONSIDER: Need to mine 400 squares, cart 120 stone, and do 24 archeology reactions to get 1 relic, fossil and treasure. This seems a bit high (can it change since the reduced stone drop). Trying reducing stone requirement to 2 or 3.
CONSIDER: special effects boost skills gain rates from workshops (e.g. tanners stink), intended?
CONSIDER: changing castes completely resets attributes (e.g. i got 2500 of 2500 strength to 200 of 4000 when becoming a legionair)
CONSIDER: woking as a bard for a month appears to give a complete heal (limb regen), do the guild transforms do the same?
CONSIDER: pet healing (from war kennel) seems to have almost no effect, suspect that the duration needs upping to at least 1 month range. same likly of golem light repairs.
CONSIDER: ink does not appear to be stockpilable.
CONSIDER: add (if possible) toolkit, sprite to gnome trade goods.
CONSIDER: add (if possible) changling to human? trade goods. (avoid elves/drow as already have a massive hard to find things in pet list)

General Changes

# Add dfhack scripts
# dumpusedammo.rb
# showunitsyndromes.rb
# medic.rb
# marriage.rb (complete testing)
# modified itemsyndromes.rb

# Add dfhack plugins
# autostockdump (test version)
# modified autosynrdome

# Is it intended that only a couple of metals are strandable (silver, gold, adamantium, mithril), added generic standable (control with workflow/stockpile)
# - If balance issue may want to just add stranding ractions for the extra metals you see enemies wearing clothing made of (e.g. wielded mithril).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

# Make bayoneted guns use material type of bayonet (same as other bayoneted weapons)
# Add ability to remove bayonet, give gun + large dagger of appropiate material (i.e. for silly gold/silver guns captured from enemy so can add back a proper metal type with a new bayonet)
# - Note: could add for other ranged weapons but consider make bone crossbow, add high tier metal dagger, remove dagger, melt high tier metal crossbow. Not such an issue with guns as need min 2 steel to make anyway.

# NOT TESTED: Provide a way of keeping a safe store of seeds that can't accidently be used (e.g. preseve backup, or preserve some and research lab convert the rest)
# - Not tradable (can't restrict seed type)

# Add reactions to split gem crafts (note there is now rather a lot of reactions on gem forge)
# Allows small scale import of gems (order crafts, split gem based ones)
# A higher level gem cutter produces a higher % of crafts, means that high level gem cutter now produces more cut gems not less.
# - TODO: not so sure about the automatic tag (particuallr on large gems as have some other uses).
# - TODO: add in right location so end up at the end of the gem cutting section.

# In inorganic_blob_reward.txt, inorganic_stone_gem.txt replace [IS_GEM: with [REACTION_CLASS:SPLITABLE_GEM][IS_GEM:
# to support gem splitting of crafts (needed for all except large gem spliting)

Split gem reactions

# Pet convertion reactions (UNTESTED!!!!)

# Once you have at least one male and female will breed by themselves, why quite expensive.
# for best chance of a results have 2 pets in the workshop.

=============================================
Items and material for new reactions

# New tools to support above

# New ammo type, small and high chance for armor penetration but low damage. Desiged to be poison coated in the toxicologist.
# Created in stack sizes of 45 for same materials as normal bolt/arrow.
# need to add new toxicologist reaction to apply poisons to stacks of 45 ammo (dont use stack size 50 as could then apply bolts to bullets)         

# Trasformation materials to support above (UNTESTED)

# New toolkit cast
# need to move skills and immoble from core to male caste, and pop_ratio=80
# TODO: should clean units ideally would add a way to clean floor tiles if this is possible)
# Ensure all new reactions in entity file.   
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 11:54:55 am by drayath »
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #190 on: May 29, 2013, 12:05:29 pm »

And this is why I like you.  8)

Your hydrate seed reaction produces 1 instead of 10 seeds, and I think the number could be a bit higher, like 25 at least. I only glanced over it, its rather late here atm. I will write more when I have internet again, but I already like some of it... mutate pets to changelings/sprites, perfect... Toxicologist, finally the word I was missing when I made up Toxicist...  the skill problem with military training, I could simply do STRENGTH:150:0, to raise it by 50% or so... and of course the bug fixes. Nice, really nice.

Do your new sprites/changelings/toolkits lack IMMOBILE? otherwise they dont breed...

CONSIDER: woking as a bard for a month appears to give a complete heal (limb regen), do the guild transforms do the same? => Yes. All transformations do that.

Btw, I have removed all essays in my current mod version as well. ^^ Funny to see that notion here.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 12:46:39 pm by Meph »

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 29, 2013, 01:28:31 pm »

Transformed creatures revert back to their original creature once dead. You "cured" the guy by transforming him, but after he died he became a "necromancer in disguise"-corpse. And that one your Lifemancer did resurrect.

Okay, but the sleepers becoming "Opposed to Life" some time after having been "cured" by the Ward... is that intentional?

Someone immune to guilds? From a syndrome? Cant be. The possessed dwarves however cant join guilds, it would "cure" them as well, so I left that out. Maybe it was this guy?

Then a true transformation will override an existing transformation syndrome?

Since I deleted a syndrome and then it worked, it can't be his base caste that was making him immune... maybe he just never got around to using the interaction on himself before I got impatient and decided he was immune.  (I think that took him walking about 20 steps, and doing it again after a savescum.)  I have had many cases of a dwarf walking out of the guildhall and up the nearest staircase (5-10 steps) before transforming.

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 29, 2013, 01:29:45 pm »

Just actually tested the build_color on bricks and that is not the issue.

Seems stonesense reads stone colors from \MasterworkDF v3a\Dwarf Fortress\stonesense\colors\*.xml rather than getting them from dwarf fortress, so all the new stone/metal types need adding there or they will show in the default grey. Don't know if stonesense provides a way of generating these from the raw.

Hydrate seeds: Well it did say not tested ;D

Toolkits do (contry to the wiki it appear that if female is not immobile that is enough), but i forget about of the others before teh worldgen (and to give them [speed:<large number>] so they only move at 10% normal speed)

--

Missed another idea too.

Hauling caste - The unappreciated grunt of the fortress, looked down upon but vital. A combination of caste+syndrome: Additional -50% penatly to all skills (-25% if hard learning enabled for a total of -75%), including social skills (no-one wants a hauler to be elected). Get high Strength/Agility/Endurance, moderate toughness, bad everything else stat ranges. In addition +50% strength, +50% speed, short vision range (less distractions), but 100% chance of 50% on skill rolls. However once a hauler always a hauler (immune to leaving guild/joining about guild, less issues with balancing there bonuses that way)

If you want a steampunky: Hauling golem, requires hauling caste dwarf, syndrome fixed very high strength (e.g. 4000) and an additional speed bonus. Needs to be a special dwarf caste so hauling labours are still allowed.
or
Specialized Hauling exosceletion (from machinary): Same as steamxxx armors but brass equivelent, gives bonus strength/speed that only applies to hauling caste dwarves.

Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 29, 2013, 06:33:30 pm »

>> #itemsyndrome end times from 200->2000 for permenent while worn effects
>> (stream armors, flamethrower, netthrower)

Great stuff drayath.... just curious about this one though.  Why 2000?... isn't the refresh time on itemSyndrome now 500? 

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 29, 2013, 11:35:29 pm »

Smelter reaction

Lignite_to_coke produces 5 bars of coke instead of the 4 in the description.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 142