Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Tome of Palisades [Succession]  (Read 2475 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
The Tome of Palisades [Succession]
« on: April 27, 2013, 02:06:50 pm »

THE
TOME
OF
PALISADES

The Tome of Palisades is a group of 7 Dwarven refuges. A long time ago in the Mechanism of Griffons a great mountainhome,
a group of angry Kobolds known as the Lengendary Warriors of Space attacked. This was an extensive battle lasting all of 6 years.
The Legendary Warriors of Space wanted the Giga Drill artifact, while the Mechanism of Giffons' residents wanted to display it in a room for Royalty.
Eventually, 7 dwarves got real tired of the Legendary Warriors of Space's shit, and left. Thus began the expedition of the Tome of Palisades.
Their goal now is to build something much more profound and glorious then the Giga Drill...
Clockwork Automations.

This is a Succession fortress using a unreleased version of Regeneration: Forced Evolution. (V1.4 Alpha)

the rules are as follows:

1.Players must complete 1 year (spring to spring) *If fail to finish your year will be skipped and next players starts from last save
2.No savescumming *less of course something massively major happens due to accidental oops (this would be an accident that killed the whole fort dies)
3.You have roughly a week to finish your turn
4.No intentional killing of dwarves

This is the year the expedition began, the raiding form the kobolds known as the ledgendary warriors of space was a endless cycle, no matter how many died or failed they still came like the morning sun. So the Tome of Palisades decided to take the Giga Drilll with them in secret in hopes of diverting the kobolds, they left in the middle of the night; it was a smooth trip even if it was long. When we arrived we parked the wagon and unhitched the animals and set about a plan of action.

Journal of Toxicshadow
Much happened this year, our fort was dug, a wall was build around the enterance, farms were started, a quarry was built, stockpiles were flooded. However, before this could happen, out of despiration we had to raid a caravan. We were in need of metals mostly, but everything that came with it was nice too. Unfortunately, not a single dedicated bedroom was built. Our bedrooms were carved and smoothed, but there wasn't enough beds to begin dedicating rooms. We need to work heavily on our booze industry, as well as crafts/metal work. Lastly, our military was started; we organized our first Squad.

Turn List:
(Green done, Yellow inprogress, Red Skipped, White waiting)
1.Toxicshadow
2.Hugo_The_Dwarf
3.The Master
4.MainMan879
5.Hugo_The_Dwarf
6.MainMan879
7.The Master
8.MainMan879
9.The Master
Hopefully can subjugate some more into this list.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 11:42:53 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: The Tome of Palisades [Succession]
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 03:56:32 pm »

Sign me up!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 04:00:02 pm »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 01:02:22 am »

Well my Turn is now up, this is my Journal:

While Toxic and I were mining, she sighed and slumped her shoulders. Looking over to inquire on what was bothering her, Toxic let out in a tired voice "Leading this mission is getting to be a bit much for me, not that I don't want to lead it. It's just such a effort to try and survive and be responsible for everyone elses lives at the same time."  I stood there a moment before I spoke up "I'll take charge of leading, for a year at least. All of this has been stressful on us, I think we should all take turns leading." she nodded her head slowly for a few seconds then turned to me and placed her hand on my shoulder "Thank you." she then went on break. What have I gotten myself into?

After my mining shift was over I went to our designated meeting area (which is in the workshop hall) to address the populuce of 14. "Hello everyone, Hugo here. I just want to say I'm in charge for the remaineder of the year, and we will be taking polls on who will lead the next year. Anyone have questions?" Tyrone stepped to the front of the group, dirt and mud clinging to his pants and sleeves from his work as a farmer "I have a pressing question, aye I do. What are we going to do for water?" At this several other dwarves began to throw their concerns about it as well. "I have a plan for that, I will begin to channel out a resviour and then some tunnels leading to the brook."

While I was digging out the resviour I heard some commotion about on the higher levels, Toxic approached me and told me 20 migrants have just come she was going to say more until a man clean shaven, cobolt eyes, and neatly combed hair came up "From what everyone has been telling me, one of you is the leader here. May I introduce myself, I am The Master." me and Toxic exchanged looks and he continued on "I, Myself, and followers have come here on the rumours of your mission. May we assist you?" all I could say was "Uh, sure" in which made The Master clap his hands, smile, and skip back up to the higher levels.

On the 17th of Obsidian, Winter 7
We had just finished trading with our dwarven brothers, and laid dear Hugo's soul to rest we discovered a Goblin Thief the milita dispatched it quickly but I fear that with one green skin there will be several more to follow. This winter looks grim.

Quick Summery:
I made an area for indoor water
Setup a mineshaft
made the armed forces at least 20 strong
killed our first thief and chased two more away
traded with our kin, getting more weapons, armor, and metal
did some other basic resource hoarding as is per typical of me to do.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 01:05:05 pm »

I shall begin my turn posthaste!

24th of Granite:
And so my reign begins! I always wanted to rule a fortress, but the bastard nobles in the mountain home kept throwing me in the wacky shack whenever I tried to prove my worthiness!

3rd of Slate:
I appointed Limul Udibmasos and Asmel Grovosid as the two emotional advisers. That should keep the peasants from blaming me when I haul all the food into my quarters. I think.

7th of Slate:
Mr. Albatross, my sea otter butler, warned me that the wolves were coming to steal our fish salesman's ears! I must warn them at once!

12th of Slate: I've appointed Tobul Etostsolon as our fortress's chief doctor and Id Shetbethsibrek as our almighty hammerer! All hail their mighty tails and fiesty scales!

14th of Slate:
Migrants! Oh great, more mouths to feed! Just what we need!

18th of Slate:
So much is going on lately that I think Mr. Albatross is getting Ill! Some nobody named Zabeg Nakuthnish burst into the mason's workshop, threw all the workers out, and then stole the key! Then, seconds later, The damn broker organized a fucking party at a random table! Good for you!

19th of Slate:
What now?! A goblin has broke into the fortress! Even after sending both armies after the beast, it still managed to run out of the fortress, across the brook, and off into the wilderness! WHY IS EVERYONE A MORON EXCEPT ME?!

8th of Felsite:
Zabeg locked himself in the workshop and refuses to come out. There's been reports of banging and smashing and screams of agony coming from inside. Whatever he's making, it better be worth it!
-----
He's come out! I sure wonder what he made!

THAT'S IT?! A WEAPON RACK?! GODDAMN IT!

16th of Felsite:
Commander Erith Udibrikkir threw a party to celebrate for no reason and seconds later a thief breaks into the fortress! I'm starting to think that the goblins are not here to steal our stuff, but they're literally just jealous that we didn't invite them to our celebration!
-----

OKAY, IT'S NOT A GOBLIN, IT'S A FUCKING ORC WARBOSS! WE'RE ALL GONNA-

Well, that was easier than I expected.

18th of Felsite:
REALLY?! Another thief?! At least this one's a goblin.

1st of Hematite:
SUMMER AT LAST!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 02:08:50 pm by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 04:47:11 pm »

A productive Summer, looks like orc warbosses need an upgrade.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 08:26:19 pm »

I'll have the summer update up likely tomorrow.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 12:48:04 pm »

I've been feeling really ill until recently, so now that that's out of the way, I should be able to have something up soon!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

mainman879

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 10:30:17 am »

This seems pretty interesting, sign me up for play in about 2-3 turns. I have no experience with this mod so it should be interesting.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 03:56:18 pm »

Alright I'll sign ya up after "the master" I'll take a turn after you, and if Toxic wants another I'll pit him between your 3rd turn.

Welcome to the wild ride of Regen, where the game gets vastly harder, but is a larger world to play in.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 08:56:27 pm »

6th of Hematite:
I've ordered the little shits to cut down every single tree and pick every sing plant in the entire world! WE'LL NEVER RUN OUT OF WOOD OR BEER AGAIN!

10th of Hematite:
Some strange merchant came through today. He only sold masks and wore a lot of purple. He said he was just passing through. He mentioned that he recently met someone who "met with a terrible fate". Things really started getting strange when he warned us that the moon was going to fall and crush us all in three days.

17th of Hematite:
The bastard mayor has ordered us to build a coffin! I'LL GIVE HIM A COFFIN ALRIGHT! I'LL GIVE HIM 30, THAT'LL SHOW HIM THAT I CAN'T BE PUSHED AROUND!

20th of Hematite:
MORE MIGRANTS! GOOD! Jesus H. Tap-dancing Christ, we don't have enough food for ALL of you! Also, the Armok-be-damned jeweler organized a party in honor of the arrival of the migrants.

22nd of Hematite:
Oh goddamn it! I just realized I left the sink on back at the mountain homes! I'm going to have to pay a helluva utility bill!

6th of Malachite:
I hate barrels.

15th of Malachite:

For some reason, these two weirdos have been standing around in the middle of nowhere and won't leave! They say that they're traders, but when I ask them why aren't they at the depot they just burst into tears and start trying to eat their own arms and legs! They seem fine to me. Why can't the rest of the fortress be like them?!

17th of Malachite:
Ryan has been acting really strange lately. So much so, I'd have to say he's been acting rather fey.
He even broke into the crafting workshop and stole the key! Now he's running around grabbing random junk and hauling it in there! Is he making something? IT BETTER BE SOMETHING WORTHWHILE!

21st of Malachite:
This isn't good. He's locked himself in and refuses to come out! He's been screaming at the top of his lungs something about needing logs, rocks, and cut gems. This might not end well.

1st of Galena:

OH MY GOD. THIS IS THE WORST THING EVER! HOW WILL WE GO ON?! SURLY THIS IS A SIGN OF THE APOCALYPSE! I'M SORRY ARMOK, I DIDN'T MEAN TO MOLEST THREE CHILDREN, POUR ACID DOWN THEIR THROATS, BITE OFF THEIR HANDS, AND THEN SET THEM ON FIRE! IT WAS AN ACCIDENT! I TRIPPED!

10th of Galena:
They told mee nott to etsat tohe wrorm! I DDDINN'T LISTTNE! AAHHHHAHHAHAHAH!

16th of Galena:
Humans have arrived to trade with us from Warmkingdom!

17th of Galena:

The weirdo brothers alerted us to a goblin ambush! They were then brutally slaughtered by aforementioned ambush three seconds later!
[INSERT CARNAGE HERE]

21st of Galena:
Well, we managed to eventually scare them off, but not before they killed a couple merchants and murdered one of our swordsdwarves! They killed Ilral Kidetid! You bastards! They even scared off the rest of the merchants!

25th of Galena:

I'm not crazy right?
Two merchants standing around in the middle of nowhere! I SAW THEM DIE! BUT NOW THEY'RE RIGHT THERE! WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?! I BLAME ALRIC! IT'S HIS FAULT!

26th of Galena:
[LOST THE PICTURE! CRAP! It was of a Goblin Thief Thief.]
THIEF! KILL IT, KILL IT, KILL IT! GOUGE OUT IT'S INNARDS AND EAT THEM! EAT EVERY LAST BITE!
(out of character here. Hugo, why is it called a thief thief? You may want to fix that before you release this version to the public.)

1st of Limestone:
Fall!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 09:25:08 pm »

OH MY GOD. THIS IS THE WORST THING EVER! HOW WILL WE GO ON?! SURLY THIS IS A SIGN OF THE APOCALYPSE! I'M SORRY ARMOK, I DIDN'T MEAN TO MOLEST THREE CHILDREN, POUR ACID DOWN THEIR THROATS, BITE OFF THEIR HANDS, AND THEN SET THEM ON FIRE! IT WAS AN ACCIDENT! I TRIPPED!
The very last bit makes it morbidly humors, I approve.

and yes I have fixed that naming issue. :P

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 01:09:12 am »

Any updates on the way Master? Or has the great beast known as RL gobbled you up?

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 10:22:52 am »

I'll have my fall update up hopefully sometime today or tomorrow!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 09:44:45 am »

10th of Limestone:
The miner's have made a discovery that they refuse to let anyone see! They said something about powerful dust and time travel. Whatever it is, I WILL FIND OUT!

16th of Limestone:
One of babies looked at me funny, so I legally changed his name to Manbearpig. That'll show'em!

26th of Limestone:
I had the military slaughter a flock of ravens. That is all.

4th of Sandstone:
I will kill everyone you know and love!

10th of Sandstone:
I had a dream last night that the dead rose and gave me elf feet as a wedding present!

18th of Sandstone:
I had another dream! This one was about how someone is just "typing" my every thought into something called "Notepad"! Needless to say, I woke up screaming.

28th of Sandstone:
Killed another thief. That is all.

7th of Timber:
How do I keep loosing my pants?

14th of Timber:
A farmer has been possessed! What a surprise! Next pigs will oink and dogs will start barking!
He took over a craftdwarf's shop! He better make something good!
AN EARRING?! WHY?!
Merchants have arrived! Better late then ever!

19th of Timber:
The mayor is having a panic attack! He's throwing stuff around and screaming! I shouldn't have ignored his mandate for a coffin I guess, but really, was it that big of a deal?!

21st of Timber:
Jesus Christ! The mayor just murdered someone and nobody else cares! Why?!

24th of Timber:
WHAT THE HELL?! The emotional adviser wants gold cabinets in her bedroom! I think she's delusional! You need a room first, lady!

1st of Moonstone:
Winter is upon us, says the calender.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 11:36:00 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: [1] 2