Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 205487 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

The Dire Wolves translate very poorly to the screen because they can't talk.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

The Dire Wolves translate very poorly to the screen because they can't talk.
Also they aren't big or fluffy enough.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

Seen all of season 6.
I'm as good as immune to spoilers now. At least until next season.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Seen all of season 6.
Jon Snow dies in the last episode. Fuck Olly.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

Seen all of season 6.
Jon Snow dies in the last episode. Fuck Olly.

While I understand the discontent, I fail to see relevance in the latter statement.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Olly also was the one that shot an arrow in Ygritte's back.

Fuck Olly.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He's a kid whose life punched him right in the face and kept stomping, really. I caught myself trying to follow his PoV, and it all made sense to me.

Too bad he crossed paths with Jon the way he did.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Yeah, tbh I actually think he's pretty "positive" character, fighting for "forces of good", after all. Comes up, does his best, saves his Lord Commander's life and then the same guy basically betrays him and the whole organization by letting cannibals and murderers in... and then he's the bad one. I mean, holy shit, White Walkers are coming and Wildlings got a lot of good light recently, but don't forget that Tormund went around murdering helpless civilians and Ygritte did the same with a bow (like, she shot Olly's father in the head, come on). There's a reason people react like they react to the prospect of Free Folk on the southern side of the Wall.

I said "Fuck Olly" to make clear that that was kind of Slowpoke joke, since people could actually read it as Jon Snow dies in last episode of this season.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 06:04:24 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I said "Fuck Olly" to make clear that that was kind of Slowpoke joke, since people could actually read it as Jon Snow dies in last episode of this season.

I think I got confused there with what are "this" and "that" seasons, and the joke went over my head. I think I got it now.
Sigs

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

End of the series is zombie Olly killing everyone.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

End of the series is zombie Olly killing everyone.
A real shocker would be Sam by somehow finding a fourth dragon (which was hidden in some obscure location for plot purposes), then proceeding to kick ass and eventually ruling on the Iron throne by the end of season 8.

With that said, I am not a big fan of Sam.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It seems the Sapochnik will be sitting out the next season. Also, next season will only be seven episodes. Dang.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

See! They're running out of people to kill.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Yeah, I found Jon really dickish with his whole "I come back to live, murder the people that kill me - including Olly - and then walk away and let someone else deal with the shit". I guess we could cut him some slack for having the mother of all PTSDs, but still.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

I see this as one of few signs he's different after the resurrection (Beric doesn't even remember his life before BwB due to memory loss and so on). Like, he knows exactly what they will get (NOTHING) and how horrible it is (VERY HORRIBLE) and yet he willingly executes them because comeback, bitches!
He's basically Lord Stoneheart now, though he wasn't dead for so long so it's not so bad.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 167