Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 205505 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

I can't remember if there was anything particularly impressive about The Gift last season. I do think his directing in his other three episodes has been genuinely ground-breaking, though.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

If you put both recent episodes together and call it a movie, he would win a fucking Oscar for directing.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

also how tf did Arya get faces changing thing when she specifically left the house of black and white
Probably killed some random servant and carved her face. I mean she knows the ritual/method, as we have seen her carve waif's face and place it to the pillar.

Anyway I gotta agree with you this being the best episode of the season by far.
I'm kinda doubtful of that seeing as Walder notes that she's not one of his enormous harem. Also I don't know if she ever learned how to put a face on.
I mean it doesn't really matter because that's what's happening anyway but still kinda bugs me
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

She did leave but Jaqen seemed happy with her. Maybe he knows she's serving some greater purpose and he let her take a doggybag of faces

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Conspiracy theories has it that Jaqen manipulated her to leave.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

I don't think he planned the whole thing. I feel like he's just accepting of what happens. If Arya had failed and died somewhere along the way, she was clearly not good enough. If she truly became noone then he would have one more assasin. Since she returned to being Arya Stark but hundred times more killy, he is okay with that too proably because the people from her list are wanted by them or something (IIRC, he said something around the lines of "I can teach you how to kill those people from your list" back in Westeros. Afterwards, she can either return to them or just remain Arya Stark and maybe then one day they will pop up at her place and ask for favours... or something. Faceless proably just accept what Many-Faced God throws at them and kill people along the way.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

and these are supposedly the best assassins in the world "-.-

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Dude stop thinking about plot holes

Just stop thinking

Don't think

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

and these are supposedly the best assassins in the world "-.-

Hey, they're good at killing people. Nobody said anything about their organizational prowess.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I'm somewhat worried about GoT running out of people to kill, by the end it'll just be Jon and Dany sitting on a throne doing stuff.
How will they stretch out the bloodshed into an infinate number of seasons then?
Ooh, it'll be time for a prequel film, then game of reboot 2025
Maybe by then GMMR will have finished book 6
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

I remember after reading, I think it was book 2, that I foresaw the end of the series being John Snow and Ghost as the only characters left alive in the entire thing.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Ghost and Nymeria for the win.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

if ayra is in the river lands she might bump into nymeria

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

hah like anyone even remembers that the starks have direwolves anymore, the people I watch with forgot that ghost existed entirely
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Because show wants them to forget because special effects budget. Also apparently (as in, the official stance is) because the direwolves are actually played by some wolf they couldn't get to majority of the sets... which resulted in things like Alliser Thorne banging on the door on one side of the world and Davos responding on the other.

Sounds like bullshit to me but okay.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 167