Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 205529 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

I guess this means we'll never see Margery's tits then.
Or will we...
;)
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hate that the little birds killed maester Pycelle on Qyburn's request and not, like in the books, by Varys ordering them to kill Pycelle and Kevan because, as Varys said, Kevan was a good man who successfully fixed Cersey's errors and that's not good for Varys cause. it just shows how the TV writers lost the original complexity of the characters and resorted to simplistic good-evil dichotomies.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I guess this means we'll never see Margery's tits then.
Eh? They were already shown like 4 seasons ago
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

I'm sadder that we won't see more of Mace The Ace. Him basically facepalming during the Loras scene in background was great.
EDIT:
Also I am honestly worried about Ser Pounce. Will he be the next Balerion of King's Landing?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 03:40:35 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hate that the little birds killed maester Pycelle on Qyburn's request and not, like in the books, by Varys ordering them to kill Pycelle and Kevan because, as Varys said, Kevan was a good man who successfully fixed Cersey's errors and that's not good for Varys cause. it just shows how the TV writers lost the original complexity of the characters and resorted to simplistic good-evil dichotomies.

The little birds seemed to enjoy killing Pycelle a bit too much.

Maybe I'm misremembering, was there a scene a fair while back that implied Pycelle shared a certain hobby with catholic priests?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Maybe I'm misremembering, was there a scene a fair while back that implied Pycelle shared a certain hobby with catholic priests?
No, Pycelle didin't do that and while actors on the show sometimes are older than in books, he enjoyed grown tits.

And for future reference, while I get your shitty joke, I am pretty sure that only hobby catholic priests share, that they could be recognized by, is performing the Mass.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Is that what kids are calling it nowadays?

Though in seriousness, Catholic priests share more than just that to recognise them for hobbies. Assuming you count vestment-wearing as a hobby.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That Meister reminded me of the Porter from the movie Brazil.

Which funnily enough stared Jonathan Pryce (the high sparrow)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

I don't really like grimdark massacres much. Although this one was at least foreshadowed pretty heavily so whatever. Episode overall was well-directed and it looks like Daenerys may actually get to the fireworks factory next season!

Timing-wise it's weird but I guess you just have to accept that the episode happens over the course of like a month?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 06:45:17 pm by Kot »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Having just actually watched the episode, it was good. I'd call it the best this season. Kinda felt like it was directed by someone different than usual, there was a palatable difference in the quality of the scenes. Maybe it was the dude who did Blackwater and Hardhome? I dunno. It all fit together fairly well.
Apart from Sam, who I'm not sure how he managed to get alive to the Citadel.
And Dany scenes, but that's just kinda par for the course.
And Dorne. Not because it was a bad scene or anything, but IF YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE DORNE FOLLOW THE PLOT OF ALLYING WITH THE TARGARYENS ANYWAY WHY DID YOU KILL OFF DORAN

AND IF YOU'RE GOING TO DO THAT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO AND STEAL HIS LINE OF VENGANCE JUSTICE FIRE AND BLOOD
also making Manderly some generic fucker and stealing the pie from him

also how tf did Arya get faces changing thing when she specifically left the house of black and white

okay it was good in comparison to the rest of the season, I'd still call it as 7(hoho)/10
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And Dorne. Not because it was a bad scene or anything, but IF YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE DORNE FOLLOW THE PLOT OF ALLYING WITH THE TARGARYENS ANYWAY WHY DID YOU KILL OFF DORAN

AND IF YOU'RE GOING TO DO THAT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO AND STEAL HIS LINE OF VENGANCE JUSTICE FIRE AND BLOOD

Because otherwise they wouldn't be able to have Season 7: Battle of the Cunts.

This last episode reminds me of Eddie Murphy's cracker joke.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Seems they wanted the little birds to genuinely be working for Qyburn and not Varys, and wanted Cersei to have her "all according to keikaku" moment. We lost the complexity a long time ago, so what is dead may never die, but rises again Miguel and better
I'm more surprised by how red priestess gets nothing

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Kinda felt like it was directed by someone different than usual, there was a palatable difference in the quality of the scenes. Maybe it was the dude who did Blackwater and Hardhome? I dunno. It all fit together fairly well.
Miguel Sapochnik is fucking god.
Miguel Sapochnik is the 20GOODGOD we have been waiting for.
It's Miguel Sapochnik, and he's the dude who made Hardhome and Battle of Bastards.

what is dead may never die, but rises again Miguel and better
The amount of praise coming his way is godly, I sense a bright future for him.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile

also how tf did Arya get faces changing thing when she specifically left the house of black and white
Probably killed some random servant and carved her face. I mean she knows the ritual/method, as we have seen her carve waif's face and place it to the pillar.

Anyway I gotta agree with you this being the best episode of the season by far.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 167