Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84]

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 200712 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]
« Reply #1245 on: October 20, 2013, 09:48:45 am »

It probably wouldn't have been too hard to manufacture the Omni-win, but to do that, the witches would have needed to revive Tiruin, who could then revive the rest of the witches. Team Omni-Win would have then had four votes on their side, plus any crazed Townies like Lenglon. This is ignoring a hell of a lot of extra details though...

However, I am curious of one thing. What stopped me from being demon possessed?

BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: October 20, 2013, 10:12:30 am »

I've never seen an omni-win fakeclaimed, for the record.  Not that I'd be likely to believe it either.

It did rely on several assumptions (including my incorrect one that Tiruin's missing eye was a counter for how many resses she had, and could self-res at will).  That flavor really threw me off.

But I still would have lynched Tiruin as town, given how horribly anti-town third parties are in these games.  The witch team really didn't care about the town at all this game.  Still enjoyable, though.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: October 20, 2013, 10:35:34 am »

Dariush- your downfall was being reasonable with everyone but completely ignoring the person that you purported to have a case against. That's lousy playing whatever your alignment. You let your anger cloud your judgement.

LNCP- so I guess I lost? With ZU being able to remain dead for so long and needing to be killed four times how was I even supposed to win?

I'd be willing to call your role a win, even though that's technically what didn't happen. I left the changed wincon in and didn't really think about what would happen. Sorry.

However, I am curious of one thing. What stopped me from being demon possessed?

Solifuge was killed before that could be activated.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: October 20, 2013, 10:50:57 am »

As far as I can tell the Death Shaman was actually pro-town, considering that part of his role was to kill witches.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: October 20, 2013, 01:31:35 pm »

Dariush- your downfall was being reasonable with everyone but completely ignoring the person that you purported to have a case against. That's lousy playing whatever your alignment. You let your anger cloud your judgement.

LNCP- so I guess I lost? With ZU being able to remain dead for so long and needing to be killed four times how was I even supposed to win?

I'd be willing to call your role a win, even though that's technically what didn't happen. I left the changed wincon in and didn't really think about what would happen. Sorry.
I'm willing to take that: I did everything I could possibly do to ensure my win given what I was told about my own wincon. The inquisition left happy even if it meant doom for the town. If you run it again it would be nice to give the Inquisitor their N0 inspect. It's unlikely most will live long enough to gain enough momentum to use their ability inspect. As is, I like this role a lot: the flavour hints helped lynch scum and the ability inspect saved a townmember, but only as a result of making difficult decision about who to triple-investigate.

So... could it be that the NQT mafia-curse is... over? I learned a lot this game and my vote analysis conclusions are really starting to take shape. The mafia and shamans in this game were the ones who voted for the fewest number of people. Good town players legitimately suspect everyone whilst scum can only pretend to suspect people and often try to avoid drawing aggro.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: October 20, 2013, 01:37:19 pm »

. . .You really want to spite me, huh Leafsnail. Why do you even do that.

D - The Death Shaman

OBJECTIVE: Eliminate the Life Shaman. Then eliminate everyone else.

t - Town
   OBJECTIVE: Eliminate all witches.
Oh, just like the life shaman is pro town in that she keeps Townies alive?

The DS only didn't kill everyone else because there was nobody left alive, and with the power to revive, to stop him!

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: October 20, 2013, 01:38:35 pm »

I killed a Death Shaman, Life Shaman, Demon, Townie and Witch.

I think that's pretty cool.

Honestly, as soon as the Inquisitor claimed, I expected one of the two anti-town killers to kill him. It would have made sense and benefited them.
I never thought about killing him because everyone knew I was Death Shaman anyways and I didn't think flavor inspects would get any significant information about my real wincon.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: October 20, 2013, 01:58:25 pm »

I never thought about killing him because everyone knew I was Death Shaman anyways and I didn't think flavor inspects would get any significant information about my real wincon.
No but my ability inspect certainly would have! You're right though, no one really doubted you were the Death Shaman and Tiruin had been successful in convincing most people that it would be a bad idea to kill you.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: October 20, 2013, 02:09:48 pm »

The DS only didn't kill everyone else because there was nobody left alive, and with the power to revive, to stop him!
Our win condition didn't require any townies to be alive.  We just wanted witches dead, which is a thing that the death shaman would help us with.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: October 20, 2013, 08:51:51 pm »

I actually asked LNCP the last day if we could win without any witches alive, and he said no, so one would assume the same holds true for town.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: October 20, 2013, 11:53:16 pm »

Our win condition didn't require any townies to be alive.  We just wanted witches dead, which is a thing that the death shaman would help us with.
If you've a problem with my playstyle, then tell me instead of passive-aggressively poking at me. It hurts, if you didn't know that.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: October 21, 2013, 02:55:57 am »

If you've a problem with my playstyle, then tell me instead of passive-aggressively poking at me. It hurts, if you didn't know that.
From a neutral external perspective I think LS's point was mostly about how the Death Shaman role was balanced in that there wasn't very much incentive for people to kill him. I know from my perspective, he night killed three of the people I needed dead and only one person I didn't need dead, which makes him for most of the game look like a vigilante!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 05:56:55 am by notquitethere »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: October 21, 2013, 04:34:50 am »

Yeah.  I'm just saying that I disagree with your assessment that town was wrong to side with the DS.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: October 21, 2013, 09:31:25 am »

I killed a Death Shaman, Life Shaman, Demon, Townie and Witch.
Achievement Unlocked:  Taste the Rainbow!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: October 23, 2013, 05:03:48 pm »

You wanted it to end with 4/13 didn't you LNCP.  Didn't you.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84]