Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 200719 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]
« Reply #1215 on: October 19, 2013, 08:50:40 pm »

"Hey Guys, let's not believe the third-party and easy lynch her because benevolent is a lie! :O"

>_> Good work in BELIEVING THE DEATH SHAMAN DESPITE EVERYTHING I SAID

Yeah I should've just shut up the whole day and not believed in anyone.

OBJECTIVE: Eliminate the Life Shaman. Then eliminate everyone else.
...The latter objective didn't work out?

Why, witchteam. Why didn't you go with your everygoodending.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 08:54:50 pm by Tiruin »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: October 19, 2013, 09:07:21 pm »

Your claim doomed you to die and lose anyway Tiruin, the town lynching you made pretty much no difference.

How is the Death Shaman actually supposed to lose?  As far as I can tell they have a massive edge over the Life Shaman in that they can just murder them, while the Life Shaman would have to somehow get the death shaman lynched four times.  Siding with the death shaman was probably the right idea just due to the fact that they were so much stronger.

I still don't think accepting Toaster's plan would have been a good idea - the Dark Child could have easily screwed it up, as could either of the shamans.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: October 19, 2013, 09:10:14 pm »

True, I shouldn't have trusted anyone at all.

Edit: I did not know that I could Ward myself. Woohoo. Something else I should've asked.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 09:12:35 pm by Tiruin »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: October 19, 2013, 09:11:09 pm »

Which you gave to him by claiming!

EDIT:
You made my response make no sense!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: October 19, 2013, 09:12:40 pm »

ZU had a one-shot kill, and also an unlimited use kill which he would have used to finish you off on the next night.

Did NQT actually lose?  That seems rough considering that there was almost no way to get rid of the death shaman.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: October 19, 2013, 09:12:51 pm »

Which you gave to him by claiming!

EDIT:
You made my response make no sense!
Whatnow? :P

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: October 19, 2013, 09:32:21 pm »

I was looking foward to killing everyone  :(

I was pretty OP. Heres the chat where I talked about things.
I honestly thought there was 1 demon left.

http://quicktopic.com/50/H/kLMJzjuQBWGgX
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: October 19, 2013, 09:45:43 pm »

The main issue is that ZU was both staggeringly hard to kill, and also a player who no-one really wanted to kill other than NQT.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: October 19, 2013, 09:46:49 pm »

So ZU got stronger while dead- yet had to die to lose UNLESS losing via witches winning.  Interesting.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: October 19, 2013, 09:50:07 pm »

Your claim doomed you to die and lose anyway Tiruin, the town lynching you made pretty much no difference.
...That wasn't my point. 'Town is stupid like that' is not what my point would ever be.

It was that I can't believe people took the DS' wincon completely over what I had just mentioned clearly before, among most other things.

Copy
    Hide
    Bus
    Block
    Redirect
    Misc. Misdirect
    Protect
    Inspect
    Miscellaneous
    Kill
    Recruit
    Resurrect
And this one thing. He can kill himself..and then kill others while dead..and if somehow I resurrected him and he targeted me...
Oh gods I had barely any chance at all. Scum hate me. DS is a huge troll who has a club of doom. x_x

The main issue is that ZU was both staggeringly hard to kill, and also a player who no-one really wanted to kill other than NQT.
He just kept quiet, posting little while everyone went at each others' throats on the basis of fear and ignorance. Pure genius, if that was...well.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 09:54:15 pm by Tiruin »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: October 19, 2013, 09:54:05 pm »

I knew there was something fishy going on with my role and Colin. These things get mentioned for a reason!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: October 19, 2013, 10:35:57 pm »

Oh yeah, are you going to post all of the Role PMs LNCP?  Those were good, here's mine:
Spoiler: Jacques de Crussol (click to show/hide)
As you can see, I was "not fond of hunting witches" because I had a secret of my own.  I was a duck fucker.

EDIT:
Ah I see, you'll post the flavor later.

[POWER] [NIGHT] T1M3 TO 1NV3ST1G4T3
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 11:02:52 pm by ToonyMan »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: October 20, 2013, 04:23:41 am »

How to Dariush: be active every day, pursue leads I actually suspect (okay, maybe not NQT), get lynched over a minor technicality in the inspection flavour that isn't even indicative of being a witch.
How to NQT: be a useless waste of space, point out said minor technicality, become confirmed town, continue spewing inane shit like this, survive to endgame.
I can tolerate many things, but tons of time and effort I poured into this game every day getting ignored and people just going 'lol he's got unfinished things in his house let's lynch him' is not one of them. :-/

DS was rather overpowered, IMO. The way for DS to win would be getting LS killed twice (or once, if he decides not to (or may not) resurrect) while LS has to actively resurrect him (because the DS has no reason to do so himself) and kill him again three times in a row. That... doesn't seem very balanced. What would even prevent him from not doing anything until LS somehow reveals himself, Dragging him and then killing him when he self-resurrects? (aka pretty much what happened, but with reverse event order, a kill instead of a lynch and less stupidity on LS's part) I think it would have been much better balanced had DS had a different losecon (something like 'stay alive for three days'), or maybe a multi-use and more powerful (for example, two-target or (number of targets)=(the number of times this ability has been used so far)) Drag at the cost of losing the Grasp, so that he has to continously resurrect to continue killing people, while risking getting lynched/killed one time too many and losing.

And getting inquisitor role is a free confirmed town pass again. Hooray fairness. It is really about time there were some anti-town investigators. :-/
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 04:39:31 am by Dariush »

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: October 20, 2013, 04:45:06 am »

Honestly, as soon as the Inquisitor claimed, I expected one of the two anti-town killers to kill him. It would have made sense and benefited them.

As for the DS being OP: Remember that the Life Shaman's role is essentially to stop the Death Shaman from winning - by keeping him alive. To that effect, I don't think killing the Death Shaman three times for a resurrect is necessary. Once the Death Shaman uses the one-shot kill, there is no way for him to kill the Life Shaman other than by somehow getting the Dark Child's help. Once the DS dies, he has to wait a night doing nothing and using his suicide power, which is immediately noticed the next day. Once the Life Shaman gets the hint, all she would need to do is resurrect him whenever he dies and stick around while he's alive using Ward. So, if the Life Shaman knew who he was, and was clearly preventing the DS from dying and killing anybody, and the DS was still alive by game-end - that's a fulfilled wincon. The hardest part is figuring out the DS and surviving the one-shot if that hits the LS.

The DS could also kill twice for every three nights he was dead. Not that many times, I think.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: October 20, 2013, 04:48:30 am »

Once the Death Shaman uses the one-shot kill, there is no way for him to kill the Life Shaman other than by somehow getting the Dark Child's help.
Wait-wait-wait, what? What about using Grasp the following night (since it will happen before LS's resurrection, and that is even assuming LS correctly decides to resurrect the flipless corpse)? Or resurrecting and lynching him? Shouldn't be too hard faking some believable story about why LS should die.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 04:51:20 am by Dariush »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84