Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 200789 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D5: 6/13]
« Reply #1155 on: October 11, 2013, 08:10:19 pm »

Concerning Toaster's thing: As far as I know it was legit. It was in the role PM flavor and he said he had it real early D1 in the QT.

Concerning the contact thing: I don't think I saw a good reason for it in the QT and I wasn't playing then. I personally think it was a bad idea.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: October 11, 2013, 10:48:52 pm »

If I could say anything, I would NQT. However, I really do have nothing. My role is Vanilla as Ice Cream

Still, Hapah, do you have any way to stop Zombie Urist? At this point, I'm willing to do whatever I can to help you.

Also wait... If Zombie Urist killed Solifuge, then who killed... Bah dang it... Remind me who died the really bloody death earlier? The death that I assumed was the Death Shaman?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: October 11, 2013, 11:14:21 pm »

Remember the (claimed) witch wincon: Life Shaman dead and unable to revive (done), Death Shaman alive and unable to die
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: October 12, 2013, 12:09:01 am »

Still, Hapah, do you have any way to stop Zombie Urist? At this point, I'm willing to do whatever I can to help you.
I can weak or res, but that's about it.

Remember the (claimed) witch wincon: Life Shaman dead and unable to revive (done), Death Shaman alive and unable to die
That's what my wincon is, yes.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: October 12, 2013, 02:18:56 am »

Votecount:
Hapah  - 3 -  birdy51, ToonyMan, Shakerag
zombie urist  - 3 -  notquitethere, Hapah, zombie urist
notquitethere  - 0 - 
birdy51  - 0 - 
Toonyman  - 0 - 
Shakerag  - 0 - 
-
Not Voting  - 0 - 
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 5 -  Hapah, birdy51, Shakerag, ToonyMan, notquitethere
Shorten  - 0 -  zombie urist

The Day has been extended to Wednesday, 16th of October, 7PM UTC.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 02:22:55 am by lordnincompoop »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [N1: 12/13]
« Reply #1160 on: October 12, 2013, 10:55:37 am »

ToonyMan, Shakerag, and Birdy have all claimed Vanilla Townie so we would be "none-ing" every night.

NQT's actions:
N1:
Leafsnail (grey blanket, Martin Brouillart, farmer, modest means)
Dariush (Michiel Verdomme, signs of absense, crude tools indicative of apprentices)
Ottofar (Mathieu Gendre, oldest of three children, whole family dead except youngest brother who was left with a monastery and hasn't been seen since)

N2:
Toaster (Jean Petit, farmer, bag of coins under his pillow, rented room in grungy inn away from centre of town)
Vector (Marie Bouve, lives in Viscount's home, slither of silk still clings to seam of fancy pair of boots)
Okami (Colin Fleury, appears to live in cooperage workshop, old armchair in corner smells faintly of alcohol)

N3:
Lenglon (Regnault Coullart, shoemaker, one good cloak, lives in small cluttered workshop, craftsmanship of shoes is good but the leather is poor)
Vector x2 (has two sons apprenticed in carpenter's guild, consider going to Toulouse to confirm other part of story but its too far, referenced in books around the castle, she obviously knows to sleep here where she is safe, she is asleep in room along with her two children)

N4:
Ability investigate Vector/Shakerag (has no abilities)

Hapah's abilities:
-The normal passive Witch magic detection. The only time it fired was on N3, on both kills, but I couldn't pull anything concrete from it. (PPE: And maybe N4, I saw something when I was leaving Leng's house)
-A 1-shot revive. The nice thing about this is that it removes all 1-shot powers from the person being resurrected. I still have it.
-An unlimited-shot Weaken. If the target has any limited-use abilities, it removes a shot from one at random. If all they have is unlimited-shot powers, it turns them into 4-shots. If they don't have any, then it doesn't do anything, I guess.

Zombie Urist's testimony:
I'm the death shaman and I've already basically won. I was totally trolling about being lovers with Tiruin. I didn't think anyone would believe me, but I guess not.

I don't need to kill demons or witches. I won't claim my wincon.

The reason I haven't left is because there's another faction (possibly two) that need me to win. I killed Tiruin, Solifuge, and Lenglon. Tiruin was life shaman (obvious), Solifuge was demon (obvious to me, see D1 Okami), and I thought Lenglon got culted because her playstyle changed.

I am 99% sure the demons are mad at me because I killed Solifuge, which would explain why NQT wants me dead. My flavor tells me that Soli's soul is still possessed by a demon.

N0 -
Hapah weakens Shakerag.

D1 -
Tiruin lynched, flips Life Shaman.
Hapah weakens ToonyMan.

N1 -
Hapah weakens ToonyMan.
Dariush contacts ToonyMan.
Nobody dies.

D2 -
Tiruin resurrects herself. 
Dariush lynched, flips Witch Maiden.

N2 -
Hapah weakens Tiruin.
Tiruin killed by Zombie Urist. (I seem to remember guessing that)
Zombie Urist "dies".

D3 -
Toaster lynched, flips Witch Crone.

N3 -
Hapah does nothing.
Leafsnail killed, flips VT.
Solifuge killed by Zombie Urist, flips Dark Child.

D4 -
IronyOwl lynched, flips VT.

N4 -
Hapah weakens Lenglon.
Lenglon killed by Zombie Urist.
Zombie Urist is resurrected. (Hapah claims not to have done it and I don't see why ZU would ever want to be alive, so I'm guessing it was Birdy or maaaaaybe NQT, but that's doubtful, it's probably Birdy).

A few observations:

1. If there's another demon around, it's Birdy.  I'm quite confident the last two townies in this game are me and Shakerag, and Birdy isn't cleared by NQT.  Unfortunately we don't really have the luxury to lynch Birdy on such a large gamble.

2. Leafsnail's kill has gone unclaimed.  That was the brutal one with the plants and stuff.  Zombie Urist has claimed every other kill except that one.  Interestingly, it's the night that Hapah "none'd".  I'll have to point my finger of suspicion at that.

3. @NQT:
I noticed something that doesn't make any sense, for somebody after the Death Shaman why did you never inspect myself or Zombie Urist?

And also I don't remember but did you mention what you did Night 0?  That would be good.

4. @Zombie Urist:
I don't need to kill demons or witches. I won't claim my wincon.
Is it because we can easily deduce that it's "Death Shaman dead, Life Shaman dead"?

Also, you don't seem to be able to kill anybody when you're alive.  So you're going to be staying like that.  Though, looking at Night 2 it looks like you suicide-killed Tiruin, which seems extremely OP, but whatever...

I don't really understand though.  If we assume the town's real wincon is Death Shaman dead, Life Shaman alive, then how would the town ever accomplish that?  We have no revivers.  We actually seem to have very little power or abilities at all and if NQT isn't town then we have zero abilities in total.

Also, there's no way for us to keep ZU from dying, even if we don't lynch him he seems able to kill himself.  What the hell.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: October 12, 2013, 11:11:56 am »

Town

ToonyMan - VT

Shakerag - confirmed VT unless NQT is lying

NQT - probably town or maybe third-party Inquisitor

Birdy - maybe VT, maybe demon along with his brother

Hapah - Witch Mother

ZU - Death Shaman

Anti-Town

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: October 12, 2013, 05:01:46 pm »

A fair assessment Toony, although I believe you would also be just as open for suspicion. Regardless, that is a null point for the same reason that you won't vote for me. It would be a waste of lynch to kill anyone who we aren't sure about.

Now. I am beginning to wonder if we even have to stop the Death Shaman. Regardless, this will game come down to one factor. Wincons. For my own convenience and everyone else's, I'm going to list them here.

- The Witches win when both the Life Shaman is permadead and the Death Shaman is permalifed. At this point, I think we can be certain that this is the case.

- Zombie Urist's wincon is unknown.

- NQT wins when both the Life Shaman, the Death Shaman, and the Witches are dead. The flavor from the Day 1 lynch supports this, as the inquisitor did refer to Tiruin as a witch. They don't seem to care what magic they use. Only that they die...

- Solifuge is dead, so we don't know what the Dark Child wanted.

- And of course, the Town win when all Witches are eliminated. No mention of the Life Shaman or the Death Shaman.

What we don't know however, is whether any of these wincons are compatible with ours...
BIRDS.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: October 13, 2013, 06:20:56 pm »

Apologies for the relative absence: busy weekend.

Posting from phone so keeping short:

Inquisitor, in this game as with the others, is a pro-town role with a slightly broader wincon. While you guys win when all the witches die, I win when all the magic users dies. As is, the vote is tied at the moment so really if town is to lynch anyone today, they have to lynch ZU. If Hapah is lynched first as a person I'll get warm and fuzzies from a job well done, but as a player I will be disappointed because I will have lost. LNCP confirmed this to me some days ago. I'm sorry to be a bit of a git, but there's the truth of it. So we lynch ZU now, then whoever's alive tomorrow can kill Hapah.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: October 13, 2013, 06:44:12 pm »

I'm writing a raytracer for class and I have a midterm Thursday as well as other HW's throughout the week so I probably can't post a lot.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: October 13, 2013, 08:11:32 pm »

Hrm.  Is lynching ZU a good idea though?  They seem fine with dying, a jester even, and probably have the ability to kill themselves at night anyway.  I guess were aren't in lylo...

But no, I don't want to lynch ZU.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: October 13, 2013, 08:52:47 pm »

Hrmm... This is a puzzle. However, I think I have my own answer.

From what I understand, if NQT can with the Death Shaman dead, so can we. I'm willing to help Zombie Urist to his death if he can help us.

Zombie Urist: How do you kill people? Can you kill people while you are dead?
BIRDS.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: October 14, 2013, 01:04:00 am »

Normally I'd agree 100% that killing the Death Shaman is a bad idea if he wants to be killed, but given that it's my wincon to kill him before the witches, I don't think it can be game-stopping or anything.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: October 14, 2013, 08:57:44 am »

You're not really town then NQT if your wincon is different enough.  You even say "pro-town" here:
Inquisitor, in this game as with the others, is a pro-town role with a slightly broader wincon.
Which doesn't mean you actually are town.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: October 14, 2013, 09:21:05 am »

Meh, fuck it.  zombie urist

Let's put this game to bed guys. 
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 84