Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 200805 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D5: 6/13]
« Reply #1110 on: October 10, 2013, 11:25:31 am »

PFP

Oh sure, so I can answer "wrong" and you can railroad me. That sounds just fantastic.

But hey, yeah, sure, whatever. It was business as usual: tending to the tavern with a couple of trips to the summer market.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: October 10, 2013, 12:10:04 pm »

I don't know, I believe NQT more.  And I've never seen Hapah so angry before.

NQT's investigation seem to prove that they didn't have a chance to kill anybody since they do have concrete facts on others for each day.  And the Inquisitor has always been town too, and their wincon looks the same.  I can't accept your argument Hapah.

Here's a question though:

What have you done the past four/five nights, Hapah?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: October 10, 2013, 12:14:41 pm »

That's all I wanted, Hapah. Don't know why you took so long.

Full Breakdown

N1:
Leafsnail (grey blanket, Martin Brouillart, farmer, modest means)
Dariush (Michiel Verdomme, signs of absense, crude tools indicative of apprentices)
Ottofar (Mathieu Gendre, oldest of three children, whole family dead except youngest brother who was left with a monastery and hasn't been seen since)

N2:
Toaster (Jean Petit, farmer, bag of coins under his pillow, rented room in grungy inn away from centre of town)
Vector (Marie Bouve, lives in Viscount's home, slither of silk still clings to seam of fancy pair of boots)
Okami (Colin Fleury, appears to live in cooperage workshop, old armchair in corner smells faintly of alcohol)

N3:
Lenglon (Regnault Coullart, shoemaker, one good cloak, lives in small cluttered workshop, craftsmanship of shoes is good but the leather is poor)
Vector x2 (has two sons apprenticed in carpenter's guild, consider going to Toulouse to confirm other part of story but its too far, referenced in books around the castle, she obviously knows to sleep here where she is safe, she is asleep in room along with her two children)

N4:
Ability investigate Vector/Shakerag (has no abilities)

So you know I wasn't murdering people. What were you doing? Hell, what did everyone do each night?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: October 10, 2013, 12:33:20 pm »

I have no abilities so I haven't done anything.

Might as well state it at this point (though now Hapah doesn't have to answer my question):

Birdy and Lenglon both mentioned not having any abilities Day 3.  Given how town don't seem to have any abilities (except the Inquisitor) this is where my intuition buzz came from.

And today, Shakerag said the same thing, "I have been mind-numbingly vanilla this whole game."  It's more recent which makes it more doubtful, but NQT is clearing them.

The last witch has to be Hapah or ZU.  And ZU is the Tiruin counterpart (he admits this himself).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: October 10, 2013, 12:37:55 pm »

Also, this is speculation, but Hapah probably res'd Zombie Urist and/or ZU is working in cahoots for some reason.  There's definitely cahoots going on here.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: October 10, 2013, 03:00:35 pm »

PFP

NQT: We can't confirm the results on Okami, Toaster, or Leng. You never made any mention of the specifics you uncovered for the first two, and the confirm-able item for Leng (poor quality leather) wasn't in your question, only her reply. And all 3 are dead now, so unless there's a medium around we won't know until after the game.

Why didn't you investigate me N3? What made Shake worthy of a double-tap and I get nothing?

Why did you ask weak flavor questions today?

Quote from: NQT
I've got a good response for your follow up but answer my simple question: what were you doing in the days/nights preceding the witch hunt?
Which is? I don't see it.

Toony: Of course I'm angry, he's wasting my time. He could've listed 2 of the 3 for each day and saved me so much time. It would've been so fucking easy. But no, no, I get to stay up until 3 in the morning cross-checking facts across the entire fucking game because it's super important that I answer his bullshit inconsequential flavor question before he tells anyone anything. It can't even be a reaction test: everyone else was chill and it and I was already flipping my shit, but apparently that's not informative enough!

Shake said he was vanilla townie in D3 too, if memory serves. Also cahoots.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: October 10, 2013, 03:16:09 pm »

ToonyMan:
And today, Shakerag said the same thing, "I have been mind-numbingly vanilla this whole game."  It's more recent which makes it more doubtful, but NQT is clearing them.
And, seeing as how we're all dragging ass, I'm going to call for massclaim time.  I'm vanilla town, so I've done fuckall for night actions.
That was back on D3, FYI.

PPE:  Fuck you, Hapah  <3

zombie urist is looking like he's trying to draw votes, and if he's a death shaman thing being dead is likely exactly what he wants.  Also:
I am one-sided lovers with Tiruin. I don't particularly care about her in fact my flavor hints I'm getting kinda annoyed at her, but she really loved me. On night 1, someone poisoned me a la Romeo and Juliet. I was in a coma like thingy, but to everyone else I looked dead. Of course not actually being dead, Tiruin was unable to res me and lost confidence in herself and died of grief.

I did not know Tiruin's alignment.

I believe this is the only way for the life shaman to die. My best guess is that NQT actually did have a N0 inspect and inspected me and Tiruin, thus finding out her weakness. This also explains why NQT didn't want to die D1, because Tiruin could probably do something that prevented him from winning. Its also probably why NQT is kinda goading the witches to kill him when he says things like "I can't believe I'm still alive".
So why did Tiruin res herself?  Why was she able to res herself then?

I don't see any reason to not believe NQT and vote Hapah.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: October 10, 2013, 04:33:43 pm »

Hapah— I did some flavour questions today so I could eke out as much information from the uncertainty as to who I had investigated. I already explained that. I need to investigate Vector/Shakerag so much in order to activate my ability scan. If you survive today I'll investigate you.

All— Hapah is most likely the last witch but I can tell for sure if I max-investigate them tonight. Should we lynch ZU instead?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: October 10, 2013, 04:47:24 pm »

I'm inclined to think we don't want to lynch ZU.  Or, at the very least, let's lynch Hapah first and if the game doesn't end, ZU the next day.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: October 10, 2013, 04:53:19 pm »

PFP

I need to investigate Vector/Shakerag so much in order to activate my ability scan.
You can't use Shake's status at the end of D4 to justify N3 abilities. Why was he worth 2 investigates N3?

Hapah is most likely the last witch but I can tell for sure if I max-investigate them tonight.
And how's that gonna work? You gonna find out where I keep my 1 barrel of decent wine?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: October 10, 2013, 05:17:18 pm »

Why does NQT want me lynched so bad.  :'(

P.S. In case anyone didn't get it my wincon is what I always claimed and the troll post.

Quote from: shakerag
So why did Tiruin res herself?  Why was she able to res herself then?
Don't know about the first, but I'm pretty sure being a life shaman is part of the second.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: October 10, 2013, 05:55:39 pm »

You can't use Shake's status at the end of D4 to justify N3 abilities. Why was he worth 2 investigates N3?
I thought the slot suspicious and I wanted to line up an ability investigate on someone on N4. Before Toaster claimed witch I was voting for Shakerag because I thought they were the Death Shaman.

And how's that gonna work? You gonna find out where I keep my 1 barrel of decent wine?
If I investigate someone enough times I can see whether they're at home asleep that night (as I did with Vector) and if anything suspicious is there it'll be alluded to. I got Dariush on a single inspection.

Why are you still voting for me? You're not doing yourself any favours.

ZU Are you magical? Do you have any magical demon finding ability or somesuch? If the day doesn't end tonight, you'll most likely be next tomorrow, so it's important that you give us as much info to work with. What did you do before you got put to sleep? Did you have any night actions last night? Give us something to work with. If you're really after demons then you'll lose if the witches are all lynched first, right? Start giving us a proper reason to believe you.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: October 10, 2013, 06:08:35 pm »

No, No, Ok, Nothing, No, Meh, No, Ok.

I don't think you read my previous post about my wincon.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: October 10, 2013, 09:35:30 pm »

This situation is confounding me... This whole business about demons is a bit daunting. However, the presence of the Dark Child may or not lend itself to the idea of demonic possession. I recall that he did have a rather nasty scar on his head. Witches might not be the only "actors" here.

In other words, I'm willing to lend an ear to Zombie Urist's demon theory. However, I refuse to buy the whole "I'm not the Death Shaman theory", especially given the discrepancy of the whole "Seller" vs. "Old Clothes Salesman". Regardless, I'm against lynching him. Now a few questions...

NQT:When researching Colin, did you learn anything about me in the process? How did you connect him and me?

Hapah:I've noticed that you asked me about the argument I raised against you, but you've neglected to follow up. What gives?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 84