Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 200964 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D3: 10/13]
« Reply #735 on: September 02, 2013, 07:15:43 pm »

well, I suppose I would be. do you have anything else to add?
Seriously, please, inspect me if you are worried, I have quite literally claimed every single thing I know about myself. If you ask me a question that I haven't already answered, I'm going to have to PM LNCP for the answer.
I'm not a witch. If there is a witch crone, then that person has claimed a different role. I cannot defend against what other people have claimed, and I'm not the person with an inspect. you are.
"Well, either we're going down a theorycrafting dead-end, or the crone is lying. do you have anything else to add?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 02, 2013, 09:44:27 pm »

Alright, I am officially here now. I've yet to finish getting caught up on events, so an Extend would be lovely. If that doesn't fly, I'll try to have something to contribute by tomorrow.

"I, Mathieu Gendre(Birdy51), claim Colin Fleury(Solifuge) as my long-lost younger brother."

If you have any questions regarding the matter, feel free to ask, but for now I will tell you this. We were separated at a young age. He was month's old when our parents fell ill. I was in the middle of my apprenticeship. When both of our parents died, I was taken in by my Master. However, he could not afford both of us. This left me no choice. I was forced to leave Colin in the care of a Monastery. Thus, that is why NQT asked Solifuge if he had grown up in one.

If you are my brother, you know more than I know. I can confirm that you know my name, and that I was raised in a monastery, where I was left as a baby. Me having an estranged brother seems plausible enough, though.

NQT:

I shall ask this one more time for I am done playing games here. Fail to answer this question, and I will be forced to consider you as scum. Who did you investigate to come across this information?

NQT, why do you need me to confirm this before you're able to explain how you came by this information? Am I to assume you have access to... family records or something?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 02, 2013, 10:13:23 pm »

Extend

Yes! Kitty!

It's late currently for me, so I can't say much more on the subject just yet.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 03, 2013, 12:41:27 am »

Because a multi-use (or God forbid unlimited use) daytime res seems a bit over the top, even for a bastard.
Why?
It just seems like it would be to me, is all. I could see them getting one to get the Death Shaman back on his/her feet, but any more than that would make keeping the DS and/or witches alive really easy, right?

Toaster: Anything to say?

Anyone: Did Dar fit the profile for the Maiden? What was the deal with his shop?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 03, 2013, 02:42:26 am »

The Day has been extended to Saturday, 8PM GMT.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 03, 2013, 08:01:06 am »

I greatly appreciate the extend.

Busy day (and yesterday sucked for B12 time) so I'll post when I am able.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 03, 2013, 11:18:24 am »

birdy51:
Shakerag:

birdy51:  If I were to say that I was watching where you went last night, how would you react?

I would ask the question, "What did you see?"

To the best of my own knowledge, I did nothing last Night. However, others may have visited me without me knowing, which is just as informative. Is this the case?
Hell, I don't know.  I was just trying to see if I could bluff a reaction out of you.  Unvote.

ToonyMan:
@Shakerag:
ToonyMan:
bluh bluh stuff about death shaman
Okay, so you got contacted by Dariush because he thought you might be the death shaman, but you think that I may be scum because he actively dismissed the possibility of me being it?  Clearly, he has no clue who the DS is, so why would his thinking I'm not the DS peg me as scum?
Ah, but Dariush does know who the rest of the witches are.  If he claims you aren't the DS then he must have some reason for that, no?
Oh, yeah, that makes *a lot* more sense looking at it sober.  I'm going to go out on a limb and suppose then that Dariush didn't think Vector's meta-play was shouting "death shaman jester here" and that is why he said what he did. 

NQT:  So what's your case on Lenglon again?   Do you have reason to believe that whether a witch is a crone/mother/maiden would have an effect on who they chose to impersonate? 

Extend

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 03, 2013, 02:31:26 pm »

Quicktopic quoting is allowed.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 03, 2013, 03:55:09 pm »

@Shakerag:
ToonyMan:
@Shakerag:
ToonyMan:
bluh bluh stuff about death shaman
Okay, so you got contacted by Dariush because he thought you might be the death shaman, but you think that I may be scum because he actively dismissed the possibility of me being it?  Clearly, he has no clue who the DS is, so why would his thinking I'm not the DS peg me as scum?
Ah, but Dariush does know who the rest of the witches are.  If he claims you aren't the DS then he must have some reason for that, no?
Oh, yeah, that makes *a lot* more sense looking at it sober.  I'm going to go out on a limb and suppose then that Dariush didn't think Vector's meta-play was shouting "death shaman jester here" and that is why he said what he did. 
Makes sense.

@Leafsnail:
ToonyMan: If the answer to the above question is yes, please quote as much of your conversation with Dariush yesterday as possible (avoiding quoting anything from LNCP, of course).  If it's no, please paraphrase it as closely as you can (asking LNCP if it's ok to post before doing so).
Quicktopic quoting is allowed.
Here it is then (from oldest to newest):
I omitted anything LNCP said just in case.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 03, 2013, 04:22:26 pm »

hunuh, well then, here's a straightforward proposition:

could the real witch crone please step forward?

"If, as you say, you are not our enemies, then we have no reason not to work with you as long as you show yourself. at least one of you, to represent you all before us. I at the very least am willing to hold off on lynches until we figure this death shaman thing out. If you can win with us, by trapping the death shaman alive, then please, help us do it."

either the witches are lying, or they are not. If a representative of them steps forward today, then I'm perfectly willing to take them at their word, and no-lynch today, and in fact no-lynch for several days if given the chance. by coming forward and telling us who they are, they're giving us a potential free lynch if townies continue to die and we reach a LYLO state. this isn't worth it to them unless they're telling the truth. if one of them doesn't step forward, then that is a signal that they aren't actually willling to co-operate with us, and likely do require the town to lose for themselves to win. in which case, I say we should let the witch hunt continue, and attempt to win with Tiruin if given the chance, rather than win with the witches. or possibly just win on our own, whichever seems the most likely to give us victory.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 03, 2013, 04:35:14 pm »

How did you know Dariush was the Witch Maiden?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 03, 2013, 04:38:30 pm »

Yeah ... reading that over, given what Tiruin was saying before and what Dariush was saying in that chat, it kind of does seem to indicate that letting this death shaman chap die is A Bad Thing.  Tiruin also seemed to indicate that people dying in general would power up the death shaman if I'm remembering correctly (and she was interpreting correctly).

Question is, what state would the game be in where the death shaman is unable to die?  Perpetually no lynching doesn't seem like it would *guarantee* "unable to die". 

Which makes me think that perhaps the death shaman can only "die" under certain circumstances, likely relevant to certain other players being dead or alive (i.e. able or not able to use certain abilities). 

Regardless, it does feel like lynching is a bit of Russian roulette right now.  No lynch.

Also contemplating if a massclaim would be effective.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 03, 2013, 04:49:07 pm »

Question is, what state would the game be in where the death shaman is unable to die?
Witch majority.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 03, 2013, 08:56:14 pm »

How did you know Dariush was the Witch Maiden?
Me?  It was mentioned in the PM LNCP sent me when Dariush made contact and the first reply of the quicktopic by LNCP.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 03, 2013, 09:52:25 pm »

Hapah:
So you're not even going to look at the line of reasoning? You're just going to jump on me because the text was blue instead of red? Would YOU ever use the ability Toony has described?

Don't worry, I looked at it.  I'd just like to point out that you're taking the witch words at face value.  How do you know Dariush was telling the truth?

Lenglon:  I'll grant that I never gave your referenced post a great reply (other than "don't buy into Tiruin's crap," which still holds) but I'm curious why you ignored it all of D2 if it's such a big thing.  What happened there?

I'll say it again:  I am *fully aware* that NQT answered that question.  He deflected attention after answering it.  I have said this many times.  You're also misrepresenting me:

When he got pressed on it, he said that returning a variation of a questioner's question back to the questioner, even after answering the question themselves, is scummy. that is nonsense.

As worded, this isn't true.  Returning a question is fine.  Returning a specific accusation like that in an attempt to get pressure off yourself is not.

Finally, Tiruin's so-called lie she called me out on- there simply is no lie.  She was making crap up at that point.

NQT and Leafsnail:
Toaster— Okay, enough bullshit. Being a farmer doesn't make you a mother, having children does. Do you have children or not?
Toaster's answer to my question is very strange, now that I look at it properly.  I stated that I was looking for a literal answer, and yet he responded with a vague thematic answer.  I suspect that he isn't lying, but I don't see how he could've given said that unless he knew he was a "witch mother".

No, I don't have children.  You get a vague answer because the solid answer is... none of the above.  Which of the three do you call a married man in his thirties with no children?  Too young for crone, no kids for mother, but married to strike out maiden.  I figured "none of them" wouldn't fly for an answer so I had to take some liberties.  I suppose if you want to call that old enough for crone, then crone fits better, but I don't.

Birdy:  Sorry if I missed you saying this, but are you saying you have a Town wincon or a Brother wincon?

Shakerag:
birdy51:  If I were to say that I was watching where you went last night, how would you react?

I must say, this is one heck of a limp-wristed scare attempt.

Regardless, it does feel like lynching is a bit of Russian roulette right now.  No lynch.

And how long would you go around no-lynching?  Same question to Lenglon.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 84