Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 200870 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [Signups: 11/13]
« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2013, 09:59:01 pm »

That shouldn't be too hard.
YESYESYEShell noYES
Oh Dariush, I would play just to spite you if I weren't involved in the modding process. You're such a nerd. Hilariously sad, and oh so bitter. It's like you're Russia's little reject. :D Teehee. Just kidding. Besides, playing against you is easy mode. Your tells are obvious, and your overall demeanor is negative to your own team. It's why I trump you at Liar's Dice. You should consider selling ad space. Get it? Because you're like a billboard. :D It's cool though, I know you're still learning. Maybe one day, right? :D

Hey now, we're all entitled to our opinions.  And even if Dariush isn't the most ... diplomatic of forum dwellers, he has raised valid points in the past. 
In what way does that make the comments themselves tolerable? He composes himself at the level of a socially inept chimpanzee. He should be properly ostracized until he meets the standards of etiquette. I mean, we can only look down on him so much. Eventually, he has to man up or leave. And if we push him off a building in an effort to leave, there really has been zero harm to the remaining forumgoers. Ergo, the phrase "Shape up or ship out" applies rather fittingly.

I think that Dariush certainly has his right to his opinion, and indeed that often the concerns he raises are valid ones.  I also think that the way he expresses it, despite repeated requests from other forum members for a change, denotes a certain disregard for others.  Being polite has changed absolutely nothing about his behavior, and he has continued to engage in inappropriate ad hominems for years.  His behavior has finally regressed to a lack of self-awareness that is appropriate to an elementary-schooler at best.

As such, I have decided to see if speaking his own language will fix anything.
I actually don't believe he's entitled to an opinion. That's a right shared among human beings. Malicious entities very rarely fall under that category. I am of agreement that he should learn a thing or two about mannerisms. He can participate like a grown up when he acts like one. In this instance, he's basically a selfish child. It's better to treat him like one.

My favorite bit is when Leafsnail quips him before the start of almost every game when he's bragging about some shit.
The best quotes are how he has obviously found scum, yet took no action to lynch said scum. Source being every game I play with him, regardless of whether I am scum or not. Except those aren't quotes, it's more like a force of nature.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2013, 11:22:29 pm »

-snip-

I think this may be the most hypocritical thing I have ever read.

If you're going to lecture people about acting like grownups, maybe you should do the same.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 02, 2013, 12:23:21 am »

-snip-

I think this may be the most hypocritical thing I have ever read.

If you're going to lecture people about acting like grownups, maybe you should do the same.
I'm not sure what you're getting at, sorry. It must not have been made clear enough. I do believe that I'm still correct, and there doesn't seem to be anything pointing to any other conclusion. There appears to be no hypocrisy lingering in my words, lest you seem to think that treating Dariush as a grownup would somehow negate his past antiques as well as make one less of a grownup, though that conclusion does not follow completely, as all previous attempts have shown he maintains a disdain for taming himself. Perhaps you are attacking my character and suggesting that I am or have not acted grownup, but this again doesn't follow, nor does it negate my point. These are the only two possible conclusions I can assume, as any other does not come within the realms of my logical reasoning. Regardless of the nature of your belief that I am being hypocritical, I am still correct, am I not? If you believe not, then please explain.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2013, 02:04:32 am »

I'm not sure what you're getting at, sorry.

Alright, I'll be clear.

Your conduct towards Dariush is awful. Loathable. Detestable.

At the same time you're saying he should manner up and stop acting like a child, you're saying he's not a human being, Russia's little reject, and a bunch of other insults.

The insults are completely extraneous to the point you were trying to make. You could have stated your opinion in civil terms, yet you throw out a bunch of bile and vitriol.

My suggestion is that you act civil, to do your part to improve the general chill aura of this subforum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2013, 11:15:28 am »

I'm not sure what you're getting at, sorry.

Alright, I'll be clear.

Your conduct towards Dariush is awful. Loathable. Detestable.

At the same time you're saying he should manner up and stop acting like a child, you're saying he's not a human being, Russia's little reject, and a bunch of other insults.

The insults are completely extraneous to the point you were trying to make. You could have stated your opinion in civil terms, yet you throw out a bunch of bile and vitriol.

My suggestion is that you act civil, to do your part to improve the general chill aura of this subforum.
Correct. He should treat everyone with respect, and I suppose I should attempt likewise, but his overall demeanor is negative and every single post he types reaffirms this stance. However, point taken. I suppose fighting fire with fire is only going to burn everything down.

I still stand by the point that he should be removed from games until he behaves. I don't know what eats away at his soul, but it sure isn't any of the other forumgoers. He shouldn't be allowed to act like that, and until he decides that everyone isn't his verbal punching bag, an informal ban should be placed on him.

I believe this is fair, and it allows him the chance to reform his behavior. He should attempt to affect games in a positive way, as should everyone. If you're not doing as such, you shouldn't be allowed to play them.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2013, 11:26:59 am »

Um, I admit to not having played a lot of games with Dariush, but he strikes me more as a tsundere than being actually hostile (excluding when someone actively provokes him). I just count it as part of his RP and go along with it as long as he doesn't go to far. Do you have reason to think otherwise?
EDIT:
ok, to be gender-appropriate: use this one instead
same base concept though.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 11:28:56 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2013, 11:50:38 am »

He is nasty to new players, and the subforum can't afford it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 02, 2013, 11:52:36 am »

It's worth noting that his personality has changed since he's been here.  It used to be more rage, but now it's more bile.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 02, 2013, 01:36:57 pm »

I love it when people discuss me. It makes not giving a fuck in return all the more satisfying.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 02, 2013, 01:39:55 pm »

I love it when people discuss me. It makes not giving a fuck in return all the more satisfying.

Yes, I'm also pleased with your pathological inability to integrate with a welcoming community and return their compassion.  It makes me value other people just that much more.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 02, 2013, 01:47:13 pm »

TBH as long as someone has a decent record of actually playing the game in a reasonable manner then I don't think there's too much reason to chase them out, unless they're a Nazi paedophile arsonist or something.  I think NQT is a pretty decent player in any case so I'm really not sure what Dariush's problem is.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 02, 2013, 02:29:00 pm »

Um, I admit to not having played a lot of games with Dariush, but he strikes me more as a tsundere
Yes.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 02, 2013, 02:52:29 pm »

Also I'm gonna have limited access for the next week.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 02, 2013, 05:55:42 pm »

He is nasty to new players, and the subforum can't afford it.
The fact that we allow him to treat new players the way he does does not create a welcoming environment for them. We already had a period where the subforum declined in popularity due to elitism, and he's simply projecting his own form of elitism upon the board.

It's worth noting that his personality has changed since he's been here.  It used to be more rage, but now it's more bile.
Perhaps he has focused his rage onto the forumgoers instead? I don't think this is acceptable.

You can deflect if you feel like it, but you're actively creating a hostile environment, and you're showing no will to change. It's totally not chill. You should consider being chill. Then you can maintain your current level of fuckgiving while lower everyone elses'. Win-win.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 02, 2013, 09:29:43 pm »

I'm new here, so I'd like to tell you guys my perspective from someone who just joined.

I absolutely detest Dariush's attitude.

I'm not the most docile guy around, and even I was put off by Dariush's playstyle.  I think the worst part is when he simply refuses to respond to anything a player says, which has happened, oh, EVERY SINGLE GAME I'VE PLAYED WITH HIM.  Bottom line is, he acts like my six year old nephew if my nephew grew up in the worst ghetto in the US.

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with debate etiquette, if any of you, but I think that it might work effectively.  It pretty much bans all personal attacks, while allows derisive tones and subtle mockery.  It's my personal opinion that repeated personal attacks should result in a mod-kill, and if I ever get around to hosting a game of my own, that will definitely happen.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 84