Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190816 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.96
« Reply #1200 on: January 08, 2014, 01:19:25 pm »

"Oi!  Don't you resist my spells, you jerk!  And stay away from my punner!"

Typhoon back up Wind Blast II.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: January 08, 2014, 02:02:01 pm »

"That's my pole-dancing leg! You'll pay for that!" She said, whirring and wincing away, whilst dropping her crappy single use lance.

Luckily, she still had that potion she had bought all the way at the beginning of the adventure.

"An ounce of preparation saves a gallon of exsanguination...

Hey, that's quite clever. Someone write that down! Tacky, write that down-that's an autobiographical quality quip."

Action: Tactical aerial retreat! Time to drink my strawberry peppermint flavored diet health potion when I'm out of range!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 02:03:35 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: January 08, 2014, 03:05:43 pm »

INTERFRENCE IN MY HOLY TECHNIQUES?! I'LL EAT YOU!

Try to throw myself towards Rattlefang by tossing my own arse and thus myself at it! Then begin eating him.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: January 09, 2014, 11:58:42 am »

Eating... kobold?  Yuck.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: January 09, 2014, 12:02:17 pm »

Eating... kobold?  Yuck.

((Kobold tastes like Turducken.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: January 09, 2014, 05:31:30 pm »

"Eeee! Lumpy fatlings too strong, hideous looks give them freakish strength maybe!"

Quaff healing potion (if that cures/improves gutbleed), shove my staff up the ass-attacker's... well, attack the hungry one.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: January 10, 2014, 11:44:25 am »

Can someone suggest an action for Whiz before I try to make time to do the turn in 4 hours?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: January 10, 2014, 11:54:48 am »

I'M INVINCIBLE

Charge kobold leader with Cutlass, using Fast Whiz I.
Slash.
Stab.
Stab.
Stab.
Sig! Onol

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: January 10, 2014, 12:02:13 pm »

kobold leader

As in IronyOwl, or the sergeant fighting Tackov, or the Corporal fighting Whiz?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: January 10, 2014, 12:04:33 pm »

IronyOwl, I think.
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: January 10, 2014, 01:15:28 pm »

The leaderlyest of them all, of course!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.97
« Reply #1211 on: January 10, 2014, 04:50:52 pm »

Turn Ninety Seven

Quaff healing potion (if that cures/improves gutbleed), shove my staff up the ass-attacker's... well, attack the hungry one.

"Eeee!" cries Rattlefang the Chiefto-Shaman, "Lumpy fatlings too strong, hideous looks give them freakish strength maybe!"

Instead of concluding that what the fatlings clearly need for him to defeat them is a kobold makeover, he decides to take a drink, whereupon his guts immediately stop bleeding, or at least the ones that aren't on the nearby wall.

And then he sees someone who could totally do with a kobold makeover, and he steps towards the hovering spinning naked anger monk, and shoves his staff right up... ...his face, and decorates it with some serious heavy bleeding!

Yeah! He was aiming for the first most popular style of kobold makeover, but the second most popular type will do!    

Wound Acquired: Bukkar Crangrom: Very Heavy Face Bleeding!

Then he remembers he's a serious shamano-kobold, and starts bashing away again on his dronebongo, and Tackov the Terrifying suddenly realises he's temporarily forgotten how to turn invisible.

Bother!

Keep shuffling - also, shoot Rattlefang in the groin while I'm at it.

"Well,” murmurs Gervedder, stoically accepting that he couldn't make a drum explode with a crossbow bolt, "I suppose that was too much to hope for, really."

Little does he know of the terrible consequences of his actions!

Then he suddenly has a good idea, and pops one (a crossbow bolt) off at Rattlefang's groin, but it bounces off as if there's some kind of hidden armour plating down the kobold's pants.

Which there isn't, because it would be marked on his sheet if there were.

Action: Tactical aerial retreat! Time to drink my strawberry peppermint flavored diet health potion when I'm out of range!

"That's my pole-dancing leg! You'll pay for that!" shouts Lady Foxglove, deliberately not clarifying that she meant later, and not immediately, because that would have been a little less menacing.

She floats towards the other end of the Throne Room on her squid, pondering the blood ruining her favourite leg. She has an idea.

"An ounce of preparation saves a gallon of exsanguination...

Hey, that's quite clever. Someone write that down! Tacky, write that down - that's an autobiographical quality quip."

She continues to float out of range, and as she drinks she's rather pleased to find her leg is no longer ruining itself, or the attached boot.

Try to throw myself towards Rattlefang by tossing my own arse and thus myself at it! Then begin eating him.

INTERFRENCE IN MY HOLY TECHNIQUES?! I'LL EAT YOU!

Forgetting for a while that he is still hovering about through the power of rage, Bukkar Crangrom tries, non-suggestively, although nakedly, to grab his own arse, and as he contorts about, he suddenly manages to get a firm grip on one of his buttocks – which feels very strange, entirely paralysed – and tries to hurl it – and him – towards the kobold shaman, whereupon he completely loses his balances and falls slightly towards the ground, spinning uncontrollably, and feeling, if possible, slightly sicker than normal.

Quote from: Rattlefang’s dronebongo
Destroy!

And suddenly doom pounces upon yon Bukkar Crangrom!

Rattlefang's injured yet animated-by-its-very-injury-and-the-GM's-whim-which-is-unfortunate leaps out of its master's bongoing hands, and hurls itself, fangs bared, at Bukkar's neck!

The head is quite entirely severed!

It almost flies off in an arc, but somehow manages to keep itself attached by a tiny sliver of skin though, as if severed by a master decapitator – which the dronebongo seems to be.

Its beady eyes look around the room, searching for another victim.

Wound Acquired: Bukkar Crangrom: Severed Head!

OVERDRIVE MODE ENTERED: BUKKAR CRANGROM: 1HP

Typhoon back up Wind Blast II.

Tackov, caught between the horror of seeing Bukkar's head held on with a tiny flap of skin and the uncontrollable urge to take minutes for Lady Foxglove's future autobiography, steps back out of the whirling melee, and concentrates his forces.

He feels a deep rumbling burst of wind build up, deep within him.

Quote from: Kobold Bodyguard Squad!
Kill!

Then, rather anticlimactically, the four remaining kobold minions get back into the fray. The corporal  slashes at the horrible mummywhiz, doing no damage at all, and even somehow managing to visibly blunt his sword a little. The sergeant stabs at Tackov, doing as equally little damage, and seeming even to slightly sprain his right finger whilst wielding his weapon. And then the two unterminions with their crossbows raised loose off a volley at Gervedder, still peering through the hole in the ceiling, and manage to completely miss, although without exceptionally minor injuries to themselves or their weapons, so it's an improvement I guess.

Quote from: totally whiz
Charge kobold leader with Cutlass, using Fast Whiz I.
Slash.
Stab.
Stab.
Stab.

Finally, Whiz the Whiznificent Mummy lurches a spell out of his brain, and suddenly becomes at once very slow, and very very fast.

I'M INVINCIBLE he shouts, visibly in all caps, and audibly not quite feeling himself. He draws his cutlass and advances menacingly on Rattlefang, moaning like a mummy should, and once he finally gets there he slashes up, he slashes down, he slashes all around! He multislashes all around the astonished Rattlefang, who is pleased Whiz hadn't lurched forward another foot or so, which would have let him multislash Rattlefang in the face, rather than just in the air in front of him.

Blast.

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.97
« Reply #1212 on: January 10, 2014, 05:00:14 pm »

Noooooooooo!

Would you like a wind-assisted blast toward a tasty Kobold leader, or do you think you could just fly there on your own rage?

Also, does a head count as a limb in terms of Gerdevver's skill?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: January 10, 2014, 05:05:56 pm »

BLUBULG

Somehow drink health potions of everything. Also drink my own face blood to prevent fluid loss.
Bravely retreat very fast while doing so.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 05:58:38 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: January 10, 2014, 05:17:37 pm »

Also, does a head count as a limb in terms of Gerdevver's skill?

Hmm.

He needs to survive the combat, really, as I've written that he stops bleeding. If he does then, presumably, I'll have to decide what to do about a non-fatal severed head. Now, I don't think that Gervedder's surgical skill should apply, as a head is not a limb in the same sense that a gut is, to my mind.

To clarify the Overdrive Mode!, Overdrive Mode! will last until the end of the combat and if you are reduced to 0HP during Overdrive Mode! then you will be dead.

Spoiler: Instadeath (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 118