Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 191013 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.64
« Reply #825 on: September 14, 2013, 05:03:06 pm »

See this barrel? See how awesome and spiky and shiny it is?
Bukkar let's the silence grow to magnify the tension.
If I kill this guy and being back his head, I know a guy that can make it an adamantine barrel.

"Ah. Well, if we see him, I see no reason why we should not eliminate this bandit."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: September 14, 2013, 05:03:57 pm »

See this barrel? See how awesome and spiky and shiny it is?
Bukkar let's the silence grow to magnify the tension.
If I kill this guy and being back his head, I know a guy that can make it an adamantine barrel.

"Ah. Well, if we see him, I see no reason why we should not eliminate this bandit."
Bukkar's barrel hovers a bit.
Excellent.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 14, 2013, 09:46:01 pm »

Tackov shrugs.  "I'm following you, Mr. Messenger."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: September 15, 2013, 03:34:47 am »

Lady Foxgloves 'Medha is about to be impaled' senses began to tingle. They were oddly well developed...

"Hold my pole, Messenger." She says, giving her dancing pole to Gervedder.

Whiz, unfortunately, was on his own.

She hurried to the site of the impending bloodbath on dainty feet. Medha was digging in her dirty pockets for bribe money, looking like some sort of guilty, cave dwelling creature.

This would be the greatest task of her obviously blinding charm she had ever undertaken! Medha's own un-presentabilty would be acting as a literal field of antipleasantness to counter her powers....but, Foxglove had a plan!

"...Thank you, kind sirs.  I'm so glad you've found her...sadly, yes...she is my sister.  She's a little crazy...she thinks monkeys can be sultans..." Foxglove would explain, making whirling noises to her head. Once defused, they would be easy to manipulate with breast and arse.

Action: Approach the town sans pole, and bail Medha out of trouble using my charm and beauty. Pass her off as my crazy, harmless and unfortunately bred half sister who didn't really mean it and honestly, wouldn't you be a peach and let her go, just this once, for me? I'd be very thankful, sir.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.65
« Reply #829 on: September 16, 2013, 09:02:42 am »

Turn Sixty Five

Put cork in inventory, continue bugging people about the bandit guy.

"This bandit person seems quite important to you for some reason. Mind elaborating why?"

See this barrel? says Bukkar through his cleared airhole.

"Yes?"

See how awesome and spiky and shiny it is?

"It certainly is shiny and spiky, yes."

Bukkar lets the silence grow to magnify the tension.

Excellent.

"Now, um, where is our other wizard?"

As the stinking barrel seems to rise very slightly off the ground, Tackov shrugs, turns, and follows Gervedder back through the town gates.

Lady Foxglove in her turn shrugs, and floats off in the opposite direction.

Attempt a bribe. If it fails, let's hope for the party bailout.

"Huh? Wash'shish? Oh... oh. Well, bother. Say, if you don't mind... really sorry about this whole shituation. Last time I drink and ride. Can I just pay off the ticket now and be on my way? I'll throw in a night shift worker appreciation bonus..."

”Well… uh… Crikey, look at those!”

Action: Approach the town sans pole, and bail Medha out of trouble using my charm and beauty. Pass her off as my crazy, harmless and unfortunately bred half-sister who didn't really mean it and honestly, wouldn't you be a peach and let her go, just this once, for me? I'd be very thankful, sir.

"...Thank you, kind sirs!" cries the approaching Lady Foxglove on her gently hovering squid, thrusting out her bosom with all the moral force she can muster.

"I'm so glad you've found her... sadly, yes... she is my sister."

Foxglove dismounts in an extremely provocative way extremely close to the guards’ faces.

"She's a little crazy...she thinks monkeys can be sultans... Or sultanas, I’ve never quite figured it out. Such a shame, as attractive as the back end of a pig and an eejit to boot. Come, Crazy Polly, let me take you back to father.”

Still ogling her prominent diplomacy, the two guards don’t move a step as Lady Foxglove very deliberately leads Medha by the hand, scolding her in a loud and slow voice. She leads the apprentice eejit away to the east, on foot, making sure not to mount her faithful warsquid until her backside is out of range of the guards’ inevitable stares.

The bonespider ambles along behind, and the guards turn back to slowly walk towards the gate.

”Phwoar.”

”Yep.”

”The one on the squid was alright too, weren’t she, eh?”

”…”

Put out the rest of my headfire, and wander through a shortcut in the scenery to the rest of the party.

”Oh yes,” replies Whiz to the helpful town guard as he extinguishes his head, ”So it is. Terribly kind of you.”

Whiz then wanders off towards a nearby hole, crawls through, and finds Gervedder Vietzo, Tackov, and a shiny barrel that smells of dung.

”Hello!”

Isn’t that kind of my colour?

”Er?”

Before Bukkar can speak again he is horribly sick.

…   …   …   …   …   …

Not long later Whiz the Arsonist and his friends are strolling along a pleasant eastwards-bound country lane when they see two travellers sitting under a tree in the distance.

Tethered to a small pole not far from the tree are an enormous spider and a flying warsquid, who seem to be getting on famously.

Medha Correo and Lady Foxglove sit and wait for their comrades in the morning sun.

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.65
« Reply #830 on: September 16, 2013, 09:10:26 am »

"So now where are we off to?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 16, 2013, 09:15:17 am »

Medha sits under the tree, huddled. It wasn't the warmest of nights, and she wasn't wearing the warmest of clothes.
And, what's even worse, she was indebted to the woman she had sabotaged, insulted and demeaned. And she didn't even rub it in her face. Why?! (Well, she wouldn't mind if she rubbed it in her face, yes...) Damnit! She had to do something about that.

"Eh... Foxglove. I hate to admit it. I really, really, do. But, uh. I owe you one. Seriously. Woulda been in trouble without you."

Kitbash one Grenade of the Fool. Hand it to Foxglove.

"Just take it. Now. Prime, throw at persons you want to stumble over their own feet, voila. Don't drop on your own feet."

((Also, assess how many more grenades I can create.))
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 16, 2013, 09:41:03 am »

Lady Foxglove picks up the grenade carefully and stows it in her pocket, hoping it wouldn't stain anything...

She looks into the sky.

"Thank you. And, don't mention it. You would have handled it yourself, otherwise-likely left a mountain of corpses had I not arrived. That occasionally comes in use, but in this case, two cases of men left hard up and out to dry was an easy trade. We've got reason to try not to attract more attention then we already do...I robbed and collapsed a strip club earlier this morning, I confess. I even stole the pole. They didn't catch me, though...

...you know, as much as I find your methods somewhat...distasteful...I can't argue their effectiveness in battle...from personal experience. We wouldn't want to lose that...or you. You're part of my team, and no matter our personal disagreements, I'm always there there for...a teammate. I am a professional adventurer, after all. And in the end, gathering the pieces of Mandolin is worth more than indulging our petty little spats.

I still think you're something a bitch, though."
She said, with a smile, and something very close to approaching fondness for her 'sister'.

Action: Team bonding! Then we move on!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 09:42:44 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 16, 2013, 01:07:57 pm »

"Let's regroup and move on - we've spent quite enough time here, I believe."

Regroup, then (with hopefully everyone present) move out.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 16, 2013, 01:14:02 pm »

"Thank you for holding my pole, messenger." Lady Foxglove said, retrieving it.

She had come to believe Ravena had meant it to be a holy symbol of sort, signifying victory over oppression...it was important to keep it safe!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 16, 2013, 01:55:22 pm »

Rejoin party; convert to Fulfil the Banditquestism.
Sig! Onol

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 16, 2013, 06:13:33 pm »

"I still think you're something a bitch, though." She said, with a smile, and something very close to approaching fondness for her 'sister'.

"I'm glad you've got the same opinion of me as I've got of you, then." Medha replied, slightly relieved to enter familiar terrain again.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.66
« Reply #837 on: September 17, 2013, 03:22:59 pm »

Turn Sixty Six

As Medha and Lady Foxglove come to some kind of understanding their less well-bonded companions stroll up. The sun says it is around about breakfast time, and a little of the night-time chill is beginning to wear off.

The two women rise to their feet, and the six adventurers stand about aimlessly for a minute or so before Tackov voices what’s really on everyone’s mind.

"So now where are we off to?"

"Let's regroup and move on - we've spent quite enough time here, I believe."

Lady Foxglove takes her pole – she was coming to believe, in the short time she’d possessed it, that it was perhaps fated to be some kind of holy symbol – from Lord Ger- wait. Was that some kind of mental slip?

Lady Foxglove shuts her eyes, shakes her head clear, and the group move off, towards Wretched.

It is only a day’s ride away, and nothing of note happens during the day, although... although it certainly feels longer for some…

So, begins the proselytising Bukkar Crangrom, with all the fervour of a born-again, or rather of a new convert,  The thing about FulfiltheBanditquestism is how it is always there for you…

"Until you fulfil the bandit quest?"

Shut it buttmunch, don’t doubt the power of fulfilling the bandit quest, dude. You see, even in your times of darkest need, you could still fulfil the bandit quest.

"What about if you were dead?"

You don’t die, man, you… you go to the great bandit quest…

"Up in the sky?"

See! Now you’re understanding the beauty of fulfilling the bandit quest! Now, let me explain to you the thrilling minutiae of...

Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.66
« Reply #838 on: September 17, 2013, 03:50:12 pm »

"Well, unless any of you feel like stopping, let us move on, then?"

Let's move on unless someone objects. Into the treacherous mountains! Hope for few ambushes. Look out for strange and interesting herbs or mushrooms.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 12:11:01 am by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.66
« Reply #839 on: September 17, 2013, 03:52:07 pm »

Why don't we rest for a day? I can go recruit some meat shields, everyone can sleep again, pick up squid food, all that.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 118