Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 191007 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.63
« Reply #810 on: September 12, 2013, 07:39:24 am »

I like how my status needs to specify that I'm dressed.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 12, 2013, 07:44:06 am »

((Let's just hope there is no subquest involving a terrifying demon who can only be defeated by performing mass.))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 12, 2013, 07:58:19 am »

Throw Grenade of the Fool to deter pursuiters and foil their pursuiting plot! Complete with "No, you're the ones that stop" one liner.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 12, 2013, 09:11:21 am »

((Sorry, didn’t notice the edit))

Visit herbalist and investigate claims of opening at sunrise. Once herbalist is located, look into obtaining a manual for the treatment of common (and troglodyte-related) diseases.

”A manual? You mean… like… give away my dearest trade secrets all for the sake of some perma-retching foreign type? You jest? If you like, I will do you a deal. Fifty Yuros for my one ready-mixed dose of Cureall plus a ready-mixed dose of Troglodyte-related Diseases Cure or twenty five Yuros for one ready-mixed dose of TDC plus the recipe for it. Or just ten Yuros for one dose, if you want. If you want an actual manual you’ll have to join a guild, do an apprenticeship, or rob a herbalist.”

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: September 12, 2013, 10:40:43 am »

"May I interest you in an advanced payment plan, say, an influx of possibly needed and possibly rare ingredients from the nearby mountains, which I hear are quite dangerous, exotic ingredients and the like, and perhaps even an useful treasure that I would be willing to part with in exchange for what I would term a correspondence course in herbalism for adventurers? I mean, I would not, strictly speaking, provide any competition to you in the area, considering that the things I would make would be strictly for personal and adventurous use. For that matter, we are unlikely to stay in Bletchley for any length of time, and you have to consider what one should value more - a one-time payment or a possibly profitable long-term partnership in return for what is, by definition, a resource you cannot really exhaust. Not to mention the free advertising one gets when they count potentially distinguished adventurers amongst their students."

Gervedder had almost said "interdimensional travelers", which, while true and doubtlessly more impressive, was perhaps a bit of information that did not need volunteering just yet.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 12, 2013, 01:54:56 pm »

Unequip my harmful headfire.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 12, 2013, 02:42:24 pm »

Action: Quietly amble out of town...wait for the others
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 12, 2013, 02:57:07 pm »

Follow and support Gerdevver.  Keep an eye out for loose change.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 13, 2013, 01:14:10 am »

Go follow party around in my barrel, bugging them to go on the bandit quest until they agree.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.64
« Reply #819 on: September 14, 2013, 03:22:43 pm »

Turn Sixty Four

[…]

Follow and support Gerdevver.  Keep an eye out for loose change.

Go follow party around in my barrel, bugging them to go on the bandit quest until they agree.

"May I interest you," says Gervedder to the local herbalist, "In an advanced payment plan, say, an influx of possibly needed-"

”Totally,” supports Tackov.

"And possibly rare ingredients-"

”Like, really rare.”

"From the nearby mountains, which I hear are quite dangerous-"

”Like, totally dangerous.”

"EXOTIC ingredients and the like-"

”Dude. Let’s go kill the bandit.”

”And perhaps even a useful treasure that I would be willing to part with in exchange for what-“

”Dude! Let’s go kill the bandit!”

"FOR WHAT I WOULD term a correspondence course in herbalism for adventurers?"

”Ooh look! A Green Farthing! Sweet!”

"I mean, I would not, strictly speaking, provide any competition to you in the area, considering that-"

”Considering that, you know, we could be spending this time killing the bandit?”

"CONSIDERING THAT THE THINGS I would make would be strictly for personal and adventurous use."

”Word.”

"For that matter, we are unlikely to stay in Bletchley for any length of time-"

”Good, because, you know, we could be spending this time killing the bandit!”

"AND YOU HAVE TO CONSIDER WHAT ONE SHOULD VALUE MORE,”  shouts Gervedder, feeling a slight amount of irritation, ”A one-time payment or NO BUKKAR NOT SLAYING BANDITS or a possibly profitable long-term partnership in return for what is, BY DEFINITION TACKOV DON’T SAY A WORD, a resource you cannot really exhaust. Not to mention the free advertising one gets when they count potentially distinguished adventurers amongst their students."

”You have to say Mr Gervedder Vietzo is a very reasonable man.”

”Except on the subject of haste in the slaying of bandit chiefs who are probably this very second killing innocents and stealing gold AND FLEEING FROM OUR CLUTCHES.”

”Can I borrow this?”

”Yeah, sure.”

Gervedder takes what appears to be a rather large cork from the herbalist’s counter, and stuffs it into Bukkar Crangrom’s airhole. A muffled cry escapes. He turns to Tackov, snatching another cork and wielding it dangerously.

”Don’t think I won’t, Tackov. Don’t think I won’t.”

He turns back to the herbalist.

”So what do you say?”

”Yeah, ok. Sounds quite reasonable, in fact.”

Not long after, Gervedder Vietzo is the proud owner of the beginnings of a correspondence course in herbalism, one vial of ready-mixed Cureall, five herbalist's containers that he's promised to fill with specified exotic mountain herbs, and two corks, one of them stuck in a nearby barrel.

He is soon ambling quietly out of town, followed by his almost equally quiet companions.

Action: Quietly amble out of town...wait for the others

Once out of town, the quiet (except for the noise of Bukkar's spikey barrel clanging off the cobbles) threesome find Lady Foxglove.

She is looking super-presentable, and holding an eight foot long shiny pole.

She acknowledges them with a glance, and then nods towards the east.

”Medha...”

Throw Grenade of the Fool to deter pursuiters and foil their pursuiting plot! Complete with "No, you're the ones that stop" one liner.

...Fleeing on her spider from two pursuiting guards and their heinous pursuiting plot, Medha Correo turns to laugh, prepares a one liner, pulls her cursed grenade from her inventory, half-drops it, half-catches it in one hand, bounces it across to the other, and, swivelling in a mad panic, smashes it to pieces on the forehead of her bony mount.

”Bother.”

Both Medha and her bonespider tumble to the ground in a flurry of limbs and swearing; the young curse crafter gets up, brushes herself off, and groans as the two guards rein in their horses and dismount a few feet away.

One trains his crossbow on her; the other points his halberd.

He doesn't point it in a friendly way.

”Ah.”

He doesn't speak in a friendly way, either.

”Ello ello ello, what's all this then? Fleeing and Idiocy? Resisting Arrest? Riding a Bonespider Under the Influence? What's it gonna be?”

Unequip my harmful headfire.

Meanwhile, back in Bletchely, Whiz the Whizzard's head is on fire.

...He stops, drops, and rolls about on the floor whilst screaming and holding his head, and at some point he notices that his head doesn't seem to be quite as warm as it was.

He gets up.

Half a dozen town guards approach.

”You there! Are you a wizard? Do you know anything about this... this massacrous explosion? Perhaps you should come down to the station for a quiet chat... Did you know your head is on fire?”

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.64
« Reply #820 on: September 14, 2013, 03:38:12 pm »

Put cork in inventory, continue bugging people about the bandit guy.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 14, 2013, 03:44:08 pm »

"This bandit person seems quite important to you for some reason. Mind elaborating why?"

Do a headcount. Anybody missing? If so, look for them.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 03:45:44 pm by Harry Baldman »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: September 14, 2013, 03:45:43 pm »

This was so not going Medha's way. And it -definitely- was not in her interest to get back into the blasted city. Village. Whatever.

"Huh? Wash'shish? Oh... oh. Well, bother. Say, if you don't mind... really sorry about this whole situation. Last time I drink and ride. Can I just pay off the ticket now and be on my way? I'll throw in a night shift worker appreciation bonus..."

Attempt a bribe. If it fails, let's hope for the party bailout.

(This is irony at its finest. The party member who'd deserve it least always needs the most help.)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 03:50:59 pm by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 14, 2013, 03:48:28 pm »

"This bandit person seems quite important to you for some reason. Mind elaborating why?"

Do a headcount. Anybody missing? If so, look for them.
See this barrel? See how awesome and spiky and shiny it is?
Bukkar let's the silence grow to magnify the tension.
If I kill this guy and being back his head, I know a guy that can make it an adamantine barrel.
Sig! Onol

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: September 14, 2013, 03:49:06 pm »

Put out the rest of my headfire, and wander through a shortcut in the scenery to the rest of the party.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 118