Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 191135 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.49
« Reply #660 on: August 16, 2013, 07:36:30 am »

"What a magnificent mount I have procured, and you are indeed quite magnificent, aren't you? Thus I shall name you Lord Magnificent the III, my trusty steed." Lady Foxglove said. She had specifically chosen the third generation in a line of prize winning cantering horses just for this reason.

She thought hopefully she'd be riding this Lord a bit longer than the last one. Hiyooo

Lady Foxglove and her new stallion began simultaneously staring imperiously at the lesser women and horses passing them by.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 16, 2013, 08:50:20 am »

Attempt attaching bones to pet skull until it becomes some sort of ridable transport.

Failing that, acquire the cheapest ride in town, Lady Foxglove excluded. (Actually, she's more like the most expensive ride in town... whatever, just don't come back with a hooker.) Also, haggle the price down even more the way only a curse crafter can.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 12:01:27 pm by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 16, 2013, 08:55:43 am »

((I'm thinking we're all going to be leaving the town in a Wacky Races style assemblage of random vehicles.
Here's one rooting for bukkar rolling out in an ale barrel.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 16, 2013, 08:58:53 am »

Bukkar's eyes flutter open.

Bwuh? *hweeeeeerg*, he grumbles as he vomits directly next to him and looks up -

directly at a horse's ass.
He frowns, for he knows that no normal horse is as foppish as that ass would indicate. Then he looks slightly to the left and sees an even more foppish human arse.
Oh, he grunts, displeased by this turn of events. She turned her daughter into a horse. Great.

He determinedly stumbles to the market to find something to cure this damn Vomiting, and for an ale barrel and two wheels. These can be stolen/extorted off of anything.

((Nice idea, Dwarmin!))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 16, 2013, 10:16:31 am »

Oh dear, time to acquire modes of transport and I have no resources to do as such.  What to do, what to do...  MAGIC!

"I suppose I need to... get a ride as well."

Track down a suitable untethered steed. Wind Step it when no one is looking and lead away my invisible ride. Bonus points if it has loaded saddlebags.

Also, I think I made a bad choice on that trade.  While the hat is cool, does the SISSY SLAP FIGHT penalty apply to it?  If so, I have a cool special ability at a -2 penalty.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 16, 2013, 10:38:26 am »

((@Toaster: You want helmet back? Say trade no good? Read my sign, say NO REFUND. Get outta my store!

Also, it's not an actual 'melee attack', I don't think. You're literally touching someone with it, I don't think it would penalize you.
Hey, at worst, sell it and buy something cooler. There's a market for moldly leprosy inducing hats somewhere.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 16, 2013, 10:39:53 am »

Don't worry, Tackov needs a hat to be a cool wizzard anyway.

It does specify that you make a melee attack, which is why I asked for clarification.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 18, 2013, 06:09:37 am »

((Bumping for Chink, our Whiznificent Wizzard))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 20, 2013, 04:59:28 am »

((Can someone give Whiz a ride if he's not going to post an action? Not me, but still. :P))

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 20, 2013, 09:37:45 am »

((Damnit, I hadn't noticed this had updated. Sorry about the late action, then.))

Look for somebody who can cure this damnable Vomiting, and enlist some random serfs as my rides/pack mules for the trip to the next town.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 20, 2013, 02:24:04 pm »

Sorry in any case, been super busy for the last ten days painting the house and doing the garden and a whole bunch of other stuff that I think has broken my back, as well as going to work, and the last couple of days I've had no spare time at all. Don't think that will change tomorrow but should update Thursday...

Sorry again - I should have said earlier, but I thought I'd be able to make more time.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 20, 2013, 03:52:16 pm »

Given the speed and quality which this has been updated, you've certainly earned a break Lawas. :)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 20, 2013, 03:54:43 pm »

Given the speed and quality which this has been updated, you've certainly earned a break Lawas. :)
Indeed.
Though I must warn you that I'll be absent for a week or so starting Thursday.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.50
« Reply #673 on: August 23, 2013, 06:39:08 am »

Turn Fifty – Day Two

It seems longer, thinks Gervedder as he gives Gerald the Mule a generous head rub outside Crikeyface Jack’s, but it’s only the second day that the six adventuring world-savers have been on the world of Istria.

That must make it a Tuesday.

He adjusts the packs and bedroll on Gerald’s back and discreetly edges the mule away from Tackov’s naked and mangy donkey.

That stuff’s probably contagious.

Lady Foxglove is already there, keeping her distance from her scruffy looking companions, looking suitably aloof and impatient – and super-presentable.

She doesn’t have long to wait.

Her remaining companions’ arrival is announced by an inexplicable din of beating drums and wailing. Whiz is the first to be seen – in fact, he’s the only one to be seen; at least, the only one of the missing adventurers. He approaches carried aloft on the shoulders of a tall and demented looking serf, surrounded by over a dozen apparent religious fanatics, all naked except for their wild flowing hair and giant portraits of Whiz’s kind-of-handsome face tattooed across their chests. Apart from the strong one carrying Whiz, each of the demented acolytes is wailing, whirling, and beating a drum strapped around their neck and dangling at waist height, eyes totally void of comprehension.

The last serf isn’t beating his drum.

He’s dragging a large barrel on the end of fifteen foot of rope. The barrel’s followed by scores of townsfolk, apparently shouting some kind of abuse. It’s also followed by a trail of vomit. The barrel gets nearer, and it’s possible to see an extremely drunken leg poking out the top.

It’s Bukkar.

Suddenly there’s a scream, and then a shriek, and then an outbreak of determined screaming and shrieking, and then the crowd of townsfolk flinging horse dung at Bukkar’s barrel panic, and scatter, and start to flee, except one of the poor burghers is too slow, and the barely controllable ten-foot bonespider pierces him with its spear-like leg, harpoons him right through the chest and lifts him into the air towards its mouth.

The bonespider tears the man limb from limb, somehow, and swallows what’s left. There’s a giggle from on top.

”Hey guys. Erm. We should probably leave?”

…   …   …   …   …   …

The column moves on into the countryside outside Nirila. Peasants make themselves scarce as the demented wailing acolytes and ten-foot tall bonespider come into sight.

But it’s a nice day – not warm at all, but clear, sunny, and it’s a nice ride, for most.

In the early afternoon the six reach the outskirts of Megden.

They could probably get to Bletchley – the next village – by around midnight, at the pace they’re going.

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.50
« Reply #674 on: August 23, 2013, 07:00:42 am »

"I suppose we should press on unless we notice anything immediately alarming except for our own esteemed personages - if we stay at the village, it is likely we will get intensely distracted."

Continue journey toward Mount Kuriel unless a majority says no.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 07:24:48 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 118