Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 191124 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.48
« Reply #645 on: August 14, 2013, 10:15:39 am »

"I've never had reason to doubt those assumptions." She replies, with poise and confidence. To the Lords credit, she chooses that moment to give him a once over at well. "And, I suppose you come to the hilt of my reason being here. I am looking for something some would consider sacred...others perhaps a trifle profane. I tend to consider it an supremely enjoyable exercise, no matter who the truth lays with."

Another drink of wine, a bit deeper this time, but measured. Lady Foxglove has wined and dined with the best of them and has never fallen prey to alcohols numbing effects yet before-at least not until the final act.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 14, 2013, 10:36:55 am »

"I've never had reason to doubt those assumptions." She replies, with poise and confidence. To the Lords credit, she chooses that moment to give him a once over at well. "And, I suppose you come to the hilt of my reason being here. I am looking for something some would consider sacred...others perhaps a trifle profane. I tend to consider it an supremely enjoyable exercise, no matter who the truth lays with."

Another drink of wine, a bit deeper this time, but measured. Lady Foxglove has wined and dined with the best of them and has never fallen prey to alcohols numbing effects yet before-at least not until the final act.

Lord Nirila seems to hesitate for a half second and then breathe again as Lady Foxglove comes to something some would…. Was that fear? Or anger? No – it’s gone, and something else comes into his eyes. He calls for more wine to be poured and turns to the servant.

”Leave us now…”

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 14, 2013, 10:47:03 am »

Lady Foxglove waits till the servant is gone-no doubt, he'll be gossiping like an old hand in an hour or so.

She sips a bit more wine, her eyes on him. Mmm, fruity. Not enough to dull her wits, not yet. And she didn't think the cup was poisoned-famous last words-though she felt if Lord Nirila had reason to do so, he certainly would resort to those measures.

"Now that we're alone, I suppose you can be as frank with me as like, milord-my soul is set to bare, and more besides." She said, reaching forward with her left hand gently. She ran her pointer finger over the top of his wrist very slowly.

She figured the curtain was close to dropping, but the final act was always the most enjoyable...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 14, 2013, 11:16:20 am »

Some people think that being a drunkard is easy, but it's actually quite a subtle art. You can't fall prey to the first few tankards or you appear weak, not able to hold your alcohol. However, if you're already somewhat into your groove occasionally people, being what they are, try to test your capacity for drink themselves. So it was with Bukkar tonight.
He was slumped on a table half covered with vomit, but he was downing one pint of shitty beer that you only get in those places that only hardcore drunkards seem to end up in. He didn't really notice when a stranger approached, strangely sober in this place where the walls were practically made out of drunk.
Hello there, friend, he called, grinning.

-rest later-
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 14, 2013, 04:12:59 pm »

OMNOMNOMNOMNOM BEEEEEELCH NOMNOMNOMNOM

Medha is rather busy stuffing her face with legally acquired food items to do anything relevant to the plot.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 14, 2013, 10:53:29 pm »

Bukkar didn't look up at the stranger. Whatever he was carrying, it wasn't saturated with alcohol and was therefore irrelevant. He simply grunted.
The stranger, not perturbed, continued talking.
We've heard quite a lot about you, Mr Crangrom, and your exploits are very impressive. That incident with the golems, those stilt walkers - who by the way survived the descent from orbit - several adventuring parties - you've certainly proven yourself a formidable opponent. With that in mind we'd like to recruit you into our clique.
The stranger dusted his immaculate clothing, then continued.
I represent a very specific group of people who -
Have booze?
The stranger frowned.
Sorry, what?
Tengo alcohol? Have booze? Hubflublublu?, Bukkar muttered, his lips flabbering.
But of course! We have multiple fine wines, including this particular brand just out of the breweries, very dry and light -
Nope. Dry wine sucks.
Er, sorry? The wine is merely tangential to this topic. I represent -
Nope. Gowway or I break you fac.
The stranger was appalled at Bukkar's terrible manner of speaking.
I represent, Mr. Crangrom, an organization of very influential people! We shape world events from behind the scenes, topple civilizations, change the face of the earth! If you join us, we can -
Not-
A fist was cocked back.
Interested.

Outside the tavern, the scum wandering around outside we're rather shocked to behold a man in an expensive suit being forcibly evicted through the tavern wall. Seemingly unharmed by the whole ideal, he got up, dusted himself off, and spoke into the hole in the wall he exited from.
I will manage to recruit you eventually, Mr. Crangrom! You'd make excellent supervillain material.
With that he stalked off, leaving Bukkar sprawled over the table, asleep.

Bukkar gets a recruitment attempt by a supervillain organization, but forcibly declines due to lack of booze. He then sleeps.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 11:40:35 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 15, 2013, 07:32:15 am »

I can't seem to think today, so I could probably have RPed this but can’t figure out how.

Unless anyone objects, we can advance to the next morning.

The next – in fact the only, I believe – part of plot you have to follow at the moment is investigating the kobold lair.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 15, 2013, 07:37:33 am »

((As long as that guy isn't trying to murder me or something malicious, I'm fine with a curtain drop fade to black. :P
I honestly thought it was leading up to something like that...))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 15, 2013, 07:49:35 am »

((He is not going to try to do any murder right now :)

Also, I have added a list of links to plot, people and places to the second post as it might be useful. I will try to continue tomorrow.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 15, 2013, 09:08:22 am »

Ruefully look at arm, then tuck it and face in inventory then play inn jingle and wake up with full hp.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.49
« Reply #655 on: August 16, 2013, 06:36:45 am »

Turn Forty Nine

It’s a clear morning in the town of Nirila, brisk but not cold, the air clean, the smell of the Immor blown across the other side of the water by the breeze.

Bukkar Crangrom has conveniently – almost instinctively – passed out in a gutter in front of Crikeyface Jack’s inn between the docks and the centre of the town; a few feet from him a handful of adventurers gather round a table outside.

”So…”

Lady Foxglove Vainglorious III is looking particularly lovely this morning. Glowing. Super-presentable, even.

”Nirila gave me a letter of free passage across his lands and a map to the kobolds in the east; sha-”

”I bet that’s not all he gave you…”

A young woman, darkly dressed and suffering from some sort of deformity to the upper body, sniggers.

”Shall, I was saying before being so pitifully interrupted, we head there? It’ll be a few days’ travel, but we have no other lead to suggest the presence of magical instruments ar-”

”I bet you’ve already found a magical inst-”

”AROUND HERE. It might be a hard tr-“

”I bet it was ha-”

”FOR GODS’ SAKE, CHILD…”

”Look… could we do this like adults please?”

”Or we could let them carry on?”

”A certain Lady round here can certainly do something like an ad-”

”These kobolds… what do we stand to gain from them?”

”Directly: it is rumoured that their shaman uses an ancient relic, a ruin from a previous instrument even, as a drum in their unholy rituals-”

”Does he pound away relentlessly on-”

”INDIRECTLY: it is rumoured that these kobolds plague the lands of Nirila; kidnapping, theft and so on. It would improve our standing in this world.”

”What abo-”

”Don’t even bother, Medha…”
Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.49
« Reply #656 on: August 16, 2013, 06:57:52 am »

Logic was never her strong point, but Lady Foxglove pressed on regardless.

"Furthermore, I have deduced that since a Mandolin is a stringed instrument with a hollow in the center to aid percussion..."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"That the Kobolds may, however remote a chance, actually possess a piece of the item we are looking for. To a Kobold, it would certainly be the size of a drum.

Thus, there's nothing to do done but to set off in pursuit. And don't worry, fools, I have a map and directions. It's more or less a straight line..."

Everything between the mountain range of Durial to the east and the river of Immor, whose east bank we lie upon, belongs to Lord Nirila. His Lordship has some claim to lands on the west bank, or at least we raid them from time to time: they are not settled but rather lived in or visited by horse-borne nomads – a savage people.

Between the town of Nirila and the mountains is a wide and fertile plain. If we did not control trade passing along the Immor then the plain’s fruits themselves would leave us comfortably well off.

There is nothing as imposing as Nirila or Lord Nirila’s castle between here and the mountains – Megden is the next biggest settlement of note; it’s a market town though the townfolk here like to call it a mere village. It lies about half a day’s ride from here.

Bletchley is the next decent sized village along the way to the mountains. One can trade, eat, sleep well enough here. It’s probably another half day’s ride. A long half day.

There are smaller villages between Bletchley and Wretched, which is the name of the stockaded village nearest the mountains: stockaded because only a day’s ride away (both from Bletchley and from the mountains), and so more than occasionally the area is the target of raids from the mountains – kobolds, worse… There is usually an armed presence there, more to encourage the merchants and miners who head into the mountains than to protect the peasants, it has to be admitted.

And then – nothing. The wilderness of the mountains, broken only by an increasing amount of sparse forest and the occasional mining camp.

So – between here and Mount Kuriel is, at a push, three days’ ride and then the short trek through the first of the mountains. Half a day to Megden on the soft plains you’ve already seen; half a day more to Bletchley. My cousin Awkward, once a sailor, to explain the name, owns the Shining Sweetcock there, a pleasant inn. And then a day through fields and forest to Wretched and a day on into the mountains.

"...as long as we keep ourselves from becoming distracted. So, in conclusion, lets finish our business here and stock up for the journey forward-we'll need at least a weeks provisions and mounts, if we can get them. Let's meet back here at the Inn in one turn, and if you're not here we'll leave you behind. Time to get on with this quest properly!"

Action: Time to sell my glowy necklace to a hopefully corruptible male jeweler for a ridiculous price, since he'll agree to whatever I say if he's looking at my breasts. Use the money to purchase provisions and a black riding horse as pretty and vain as I am for the trip forward. Let's do this in quick actions cause I'm ready to go!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 07:15:10 am by Dwarmin »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 16, 2013, 07:23:49 am »

Action: Time to sell my glowy necklace to a hopefully corruptible male jeweler for a ridiculous price, since he'll agree to whatever I say if he's looking at my breasts. Use the money to purchase provisions and a black riding horse as pretty and vain as I am for the trip forward. Let's do this in quick actions cause I'm ready to go!

Nirila is a land of plains, and known for its horsemen, and horsemanship. It’s also a town of merchants, and it doesn’t take long for Lady Foxglove to sell her relatively useless necklace for a distractedly high price and then acquire a fine, glossy, corn-fed winner of a horse for an equally distractedly low price. Foxglove is no fool when it comes to horses, nor a beginner, and this is a good one.

She trots back to Crikeyface Jack’s with a pair of saddle bags packed with fine meats, fine wine and fresh bread, and vaults off gracefully.

She bestows head-rubs and waits.

Horse Acquired: Lady Foxglove Vainglorious III: Fine horse

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 16, 2013, 07:26:50 am »

Obtain trusty, durable pack mule. You never know when a trusty pack mule might come in handy. Check price of such a mule before making any purchases. And get rations for two weeks for six people with available resources.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 09:20:12 am by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 16, 2013, 07:30:38 am »

((Oh Dwarmin XD))
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 118