Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 191225 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.33
« Reply #480 on: June 26, 2013, 03:52:10 pm »

Bukkar takes our a health potion and swigs it like the professional drinker he is before charging back into the fray!

Punch and laser the fukken troglodyte zombie to dust!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.33
« Reply #481 on: June 26, 2013, 04:04:40 pm »

Mockingly dance around the troglodyte zombie some more. And then go further into the dungeon, it's getting boring.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.34
« Reply #482 on: June 28, 2013, 10:25:00 am »

Turn Thirty Four

Run at that troglodyte fellow and try to trip him up before he causes much more damage. After letting go of Lady F, naturally.

Reluctantly letting go of Lady Foxglove’s velvety smooth hand, Gervedder runs back down the corridor towards the troglodyte zombie, darting out a passing foot and sending the spitting undead monstrosity crashing to the ground with a sound of splintering armbone!

Wound Acquired: Troglodyte Zombie: Broken Left Arm!

Punch and laser the troglodyte zombie to dust!

Leaping angrily and enthusiastically into the fray comes Bukkar, soon so angry at violently assaulting the cold hard stone floor with his bare knuckles that lazors burst out of his eyeballs, inflicting severe fire on the zombie’s head, setting it alight!

Wound Acquired: Troglodyte Zombie: Burning Head!

Quote from: Troglodyte Zombie
Chew Bukkar the Head Burner ! Spit in his eye!

Annoyed at having his head set on fire, the zombie tries to chew off Bukkar’s head!

But Bukkar’s head is out of reach from his position on the floor, and he misses!

He spits in Bukkar’s eye instead.

The zombie inflicts The Vomiting on a second victim!

As he hunches up with debilitating stomach cramps, Bukkar’s guts begin to feel quite unpleasant.

Illness Acquired: Bukkar Crangrom: The Vomiting!

Action: Shoot the Trog in the knee! Don't make any references to overused memes! After letting go of The Messenger, naturally.

Lady Foxglove ignores the cursing rage mage rolling about on the floor clutching his belly and walks over to the floored troglodyte next to him, coldly pulling her crossbow, putting it to his knee executioner-style, andinflicting slight pain on the undead fiend!

”Take that, ungodly oaf! Wait, is that it? I thought those kind of injuries were always retirement-worthy?”

Treat on legs, as best as possible.  Perhaps the ex-skeleton can lend his femurs as splints.

”Arse!”

Tackov’s leg hurts.

”Feck!”

Tackov’s other leg hurts too.

”Arsebiscuits!”

He’s just about to remember which game he’s in when he keels over to the floor, utters a last long low moan of grnnnnnnnggggargh, and is stricken by immoderate and continuous retching!

He’s sick over his legs! He’s sick over his hands! He sick on his wizard’s dress! It severely hampers his efforts at performing corrective surgery on his mangled appendages!

Quote from: Zombie 2
Attack the dangerous wizard!

Quote from: Zombie 1
Attack the dangerous wizard!

Shoot the Troglydyte as I run past to him to the rest of the party, and relative safety.

Just then his fellow wizard runs past, barely avoiding slipping over on the now treacherous surface, fending off a zombie with one hand and…

apparently missing the other! Zombie 1 appears to have chewed it off in the confusion!

Blinded by the pain, Whiz barely even manages to point his crossbow towards the troglodyte zombie on the floor and pushes past his colleagues to safety, blood spurting out of his shoulder stump as he wonders whether these are the infectious kind of zombies or not.

Wound Acquired: Whiz the Wizard: Severed Right Arm!

Mockingly dance around the troglodyte zombie some more. And then go further into the dungeon, it's getting boring.

As the rest of her comrades either roll about on the floor suffering from stomach problems or stare in horror at Whiz’s shoulder-fountain, Medha nonchalantly wanders deeper into the dungeon.

After a few minutes, she finds herself in the room next door!

”Hey! Guys! I think I’ve found something! It… it looks like some kind of… it’s hard to tell… Some kind of room in a temple or something! Come quick!”

On the floor of the next room a complex labyrinth seems to be laid out in tiles a shade darker than the others; on the western wall between the doors someone has scrawled an arrow pointing left. It’s too dark to tell what the arrow is scrawled in, but Medha has a certain feeling about it as she walks over and peers silently in the gloom.

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.34
« Reply #483 on: June 28, 2013, 10:48:24 am »

((Auto-surviving one's first instakill is an acceptable measure. After all, nothing's worse than being instakilled. I should know. I do it to players all the time, and it's almost always completely anticlimactic and silly.))

Run at Zombie 1, trip it up as well.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 10:56:49 am by Harry Baldman »

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 28, 2013, 11:22:58 am »

Double Speed using Whiz I, grab my arm, stick it back into it's socket, consume Billy's potion, and consume my Medium Health Potion.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 28, 2013, 11:52:34 am »

Grab the Troglodyte zombie and rageyell while vomiting down its throat.
Then try to crush it's skull with my hands.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 28, 2013, 12:03:53 pm »

Decide that this room is even boring-er than the last, get back in and backstab an undead sucker.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 28, 2013, 12:18:53 pm »

Try again!  With more swearing!

Reluctantly letting go of Lady Foxglove’s velvety smooth hand, Gervedder runs back down the corridor towards the troglodyte zombie, darting out a passing foot and sending the spitting undead monstrosity crashing to the ground with a sound of splintering armbone!

I read this as "splintering trombone."  Too much time reading other La RTDs.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 28, 2013, 04:33:16 pm »

Lady Foxglove shrugged and aimed her steely foot in the usual manner.

Action: Troglodyte zombie crotch kick!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 10:06:14 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 01, 2013, 10:06:22 am »

Gosh, it was a severed HEAD before I decided that world-saving heroes auto-survive their first instakill even if it means the GM has to fudge a dice roll. Given it can only happen on a roll of 6,1,6 perhaps I shouldn’t be so nice about it, but then I killed four players already this week. Well, when I say "I", I mean Harry Baldman. Anyway, if anyone has any strong thoughts to voice about player death I will gladly listen. More? Less? Just right?

Retro-Edit: Death keeps the game from going completely stale. Sucks, but it happens. I don't really like insta-kills, though...even if it's happening 1/100 turns, who wants to be the guy to win that prize?

IMO, instead of instant death ever happening-I would lower that person to 1 HP, but make it so they can't die from bleeds or anything stupid like that until at least the fight ends-Overdrive Mode! Then they have at least some chance for fatal stupid heroics or the ever popular running away. Or valiantly succumb to their wounds once the fight is done, dying on a pile of corpses.

But, naturally, they still will collapse into a pile of clattering bones with a sad little 8-bit tune playing if they even get hit once, ala SG&G.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 01, 2013, 11:25:48 am »

((I was wondering, could I retroactively sacrifice the +1 lawastooshort bonus I earned here in exchange for being saved from instakill?))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 01, 2013, 12:42:34 pm »

((I was wondering, could I retroactively sacrifice the +1 lawastooshort bonus I earned here in exchange for being saved from instakill?))

Well you are saved from instadeath anyway, so there's no point, you can save it till later, if I understand right.

etc!

Thanks Dwarmin, I think that's a very good idea and I will most likely use it from now on. I'll update the OP rules section when I can, probably not till Wednesday though (next update too).

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 01, 2013, 01:14:59 pm »

Well you are saved from instadeath anyway, so there's no point, you can save it till later, if I understand right.
(9Yes, but I still feel like I should have to trade something for being saved from instadeath.))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.35
« Reply #493 on: July 04, 2013, 10:06:36 am »

Turn Thirty Five

Run at Zombie 1, trip it up as well.

Quote from: Zombie 1
Attack the nearest randomised target (who happens to be Gervedder)!

Quote from: Zombie 2
Attack the nearest randomised target (who happens to be Gervedder)!

In the endless trundle around the first layer of dungeons in the Temple of Sef, Gervedder Vietzo and two zombies run at each other – one in dramatic slow motion and two in literal slow motion, shufflingly winning initiative as they stumble towards the Messenger and bite him hard in the chest!

Blood pours all over the place as Gervedder sticks his leg out and sends one of his attackers crashing to the ground.

Wound Acquired: Gervedder Vietzo: Heavy Chest Bleeding!

Double Speed using Whiz I, grab my arm, stick it back into its socket, consume Billy's potion, and consume my Medium Health Potion.

Travelling at the speed of a blur, the blood spouting from Whiz’s severed arm stump doesn’t even have time to finish falling to the ground before the speed wizard has dashed back down the corridor past first his comrades, then his foes, picked his severed arm up off the ground, and darted back up the corridor to comparative safety.

His medical technique of ramming his severed arm in the exposed socket doesn’t entirely work, and he temporarily passes out from the pain!

He’s still feeling quite woozy as he drops the severed arm, fishes about in his dress for a pair of potions, and downs them in quick succession.

Blood stops squirting out of his horrendous wound and he feels a lot better, and then suddenly an enormous rat’s tail grows out of his backside!

Status Acquired: Whiz: Woozy!

Mutation Acquired: Whiz: Giant Rat’s Tail!

Action: Troglodyte zombie crotch kick!

”Bam! Yeah! In the crotch! Take that, er… ugly… crotchless… troglodyte?”

”Good gods, Lady Foxglove. Even to an undead fiend, that seems a little excessive?”

”Hurrr! Yeah! Hiiiiiiiya! Did you see his crotch come apart! Yeah!”

Lady Foxglove Vainglorious III dances over the fallen burning zombie corpse to the next foe, not even stopping to wipe severed troglodyte zombie crotch blood off her boots, or her legs, or her clothes, or her face, or the walls, or her slightly alarmed companions.

Wound Acquired: Troglodyte Zombie: Severed Crotch!

Try again!  With more swearing!

”Feckfeckinarsebiscuitfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckfeckf-arrrrrrrrrrrg that’s better. Oh gosh. Yes. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gods I almost feel as if I could wal-karggggg maybe not yet gngggngggg! Strewth.”

Tackov successfully straightens his mangled legs!

He’s still probably going to have to drag himself about on the floor with his arms for at least a day before they get better though.

Decide that this room is even boring-er than the last, get back in and backstab an undead sucker.

Emoing in from the other dull room, Medha comes face to… back with some undead sucker, and boredly and ineffectually stabs it a bit in the back.

She huffs.

It’s so unfair.

Grab the Troglodyte zombie and rageyell while vomiting down its throat.
Then try to crush its skull with my hands.

((edited to next nearest non-dead-again enemy))

”Hrurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhh!” yells Bukkar, grabbing the nearest zombie and dry-retching as hard as he can in its face until the zombie grows bored and ineffectually counterattacks with a sharp elbow jab to his own cheek, opening itself up in turn to an entirely incompetent skull-crush special move from the rage mage!

The two opponents face off in a spectacle of non-lethal martial arts!

((second round of quick fight death combat initiated because otherwise we’ll be in the same corner of corridor for another fortnight whilst you finish off two stubborn but not that deadly zombies now that the troglodyte zombie is gone))

QUICK FIGHT DEATH COMBAT MODE INITIATED!

In the northern end of the Corridor of Death: Team One! The Righteous Tyrants of Doom: Tackov Cedtry, Lady Foxglove Vainglorious III, and Gervedder Vietzo!

And their opponent:

Zombie Number One!

And in the corner of the Corridor of Death: Team Two! In initiative order: Whiz the Tailed Wizard, Medha the Bereft of Rib, and Bukkar Crangrom the Magin’ Rage!

And their opponent:

Zombie Number Two!

FIGHT!

Crawling forth on his elbows, Tackov the Legless inches forwards, slumps to his chest, and punches right between the zombie’s feet!

Nearly managing to outdo his uselessness but scoring lower due to the wizard’s mangled legs handicap, Lady Foxglove gives the zombie a gentle poke in the groin with her blood-smeared boot!

Finally Gervedder the Messenger of Doom steps forward, and trips the zombie up again!

But!

What’s this!

Zombie number one tries to get to his feet to gnaw on Lady Foxglove’s brains and slips on the blood spattered all over the floor! He impales his skull on Lady F’s knee!

She disdainfully shakes him off onto the floor. He doesn’t move.

FIGHT!

Further down the corridor, Whiz the Wizard is too emotionally vulnerable about his new tail mutation situation to muster his full concentration and only just about remembers to draw his crossbow. He stands there for a few seconds, wondering how to operate it with a missing arm!

Just as he decides that he can probably use his teeth, Medha the Emo Curse Crafter When She Can Be Bothered decides that penetrating the zombie’s ugly horrible flesh might be too much effort, and instead penetrates the air next to it!

Almost incontinent with rage, Bukkar snatches Whiz’s severed arm off the unfortunate wizard and proceeds to beat the zombie back to death with it! The arm looks mangled and the blood is everywhere!

”Huuurah!” cries Bukkar, proffering the palm of his cleaner hand to his comrades, ”Zombie Destruction High Five, Team! Yeah! Hgnaaarrhr!”

…   …   …   …   …   …

The team move slowly on into the next room, Medha leading the way and explaining that this room is really boring man, I wish I’d never even come here, I don’t know why I hang out with you guys, and despite her moaning the six adventurers follow the signs in the room that point to the exit, and come to a flight of stairs leading down into the darkness.

They look at each other in the silence, realising that they have come to a crossroads of sorts. Do they push on, and down, into what may be the very heart of darkness? Or do they leave the evil crypt for another day, and pursue the only obvious lead they have so far gained?

”Wait, what’s the fecking point anyway?” mumbles Medha. ”Why are we even here?”

”What, you mean here here, here in the plane of Istria, or just here in a more general existential sense? Because if that’s what you mean I’m not really sure this is the time or place. Maybe when we get back and have had a few at the inn?”

”Oh, don’t bother with mopeface… We’re here to go steal a mandolin off some filthy kobolds, and I’ve got us a free pass to do it!”

”Or we could look for criminals who might not even be here in this undead filled booby-trapped dungeon that could go down for miles and miles? I could be onto something you know.”

”I… I suppose you could…”

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 02:30:47 pm by lawastooshort »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.35
« Reply #494 on: July 04, 2013, 11:03:08 am »

I take offense to Foxglove using Medha's beautiful pink text color. Fix this post-haste.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 118