Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 191199 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.36
« Reply #510 on: July 06, 2013, 03:18:55 am »

"Oh, hey, it's a dead adventurer. Spooky. Say, does someone pay you for sitting around here and maybe a cheap jump scare?"

Loot the skeletons skull, a few ribs, both hands and a thigh bone. Wash off the skeletal left hand in the fountain and see what happens. In case of positive or neutral effects, also clean all the other skeleton parts.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 06, 2013, 04:29:05 am »

Bukkar brightens up and punches the fourth wall in the keystone, shattering it!
Rognus Rabb's origin story has been completed! It's a few posts back; in a while I'll have the Battle of Shitepile Crater up in the spoiler below it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 06, 2013, 04:46:29 am »

Lady Foxglove brushes fourth wall chunks from her hair, wondering why it's been many weeks since they entered this dungeon, yet they had only been here for maybe an hour.

She smacks Bukkar on the head.

"I'll wait till the author adds it to the original post instead of searching for it, thank you.

Also, can you put that brick back in the fourth wall? I've got plenty of expys out there-a magic cop, a merwomen biologist, a half-succubus steampunk engineer, a cowgirl river merchant, multiple spies with bitter pasts (fantasy, modern and napoleonic), an Alien pirate girl with anger and daddy issues etc etc-and I won't be sharing the spotlight with them if they decided to pay a visit cross-over style.

I'm not sure you'd enjoy their company much, either."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 06, 2013, 02:02:00 pm »

Medha peeks through the hole in the fourth wall - excitedly, like a small child. She sniggers.

"Wow, there's so many stories just frozen in time out there. Awesome. Hey, I wonder if we can go out and raid one or two of these? So many wonderful toys... hey... wow, that is me. That's eerie. Well, me if I was a total doormat, and also in an aborted, lame universe. Whoever the creator is, he either has no imagination or great taste."

Her eyes glitter with the reflection of a thousand worlds. One of them in particular... was... interesting...

"...uh... can we close that thing now? Fast? I feel an urge, an incomprehensible urge... to throw off my clothes, set fire to something, swear like a person that's not allowed to swear and chant nonsense in ancient tongues... not that that's wrong, but... uh... patchthatthingrightupNOW"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 06, 2013, 02:05:24 pm »

Bukkar turns around and looks at the crazy people. 
What? No, I can't rebuild walls anyway, and I can't see anything anyway.

((No imagination, you see.))
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 06, 2013, 02:57:33 pm »

Tackov looks up from the floor.

"You folks need to be careful.  Fourth Wall Magic is powerful stuff, and many a poor soul has gazed into that abyss and never been the same... or never returned."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 08, 2013, 03:53:22 am »

"Well, if I have to doeverything myself..."

Lady Foxglove picks up a chunk of fourth wall, and slabs it back into place.

"Now, what we were talking about again?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 08, 2013, 04:00:34 am »

Well now that it's there, Bukkar comments while picking up a piece of fourth wall, I might as well. With that he bites into the chunk of fourth wall and swallows it, then thumps his chest and coughs.
Tastes like disgust and curiosity. Ugh.
Sig! Onol

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.37
« Reply #518 on: July 08, 2013, 03:22:16 pm »

Turn Thirty Seven

Action: Boot the skeleton's head off. Assuming it doesn't back to life with cheap creepy organ music, take the necklace and PUT IT ON.

"Oh, hey, it's a dead adventurer. Spooky. Say, does someone pay you for sitting around here and maybe a cheap jump scare?"

The six comrades crowd around the former adventurer’s skeleton until Lady Foxglove steps forward.

She boots the skeleton’s head off with such brutal violence that it bounces unharmed off the fountain and flies directly at the skeleton’s ribcage!

The skeleton explodes apart in a shower of dust and bone fragments!

When the dust settles there is nothing left except the adventurer’s artefacts, his skull, and a forlorn and lonely looking groinbone.

”Ooh, shiny,” chirps Lady Foxglove, bending down to pick up her new necklace.

"Idiot. I wanted those ribs."

Item Acquired: Lady Foxglove Vainglorious III: Necklace of Permanent Death!

Loot the skeleton's skull, a few ribs, both hands and a thigh bone. Wash off the skeletal left hand in the fountain and see what happens. In case of positive or neutral effects, also clean all the other skeleton parts.

Still mumbling to herself disgustedly, Medha takes what's left, gently caressing the adventurer's groinbone before lowering it carefully into the fountain to see what happens.

It... it seems to shine very slightly? If you squint? Almost... almost as if it were... damp?

Pleased with the result and the fact that she isn't now being violently assaulted by a reanimated groinbone, Medha whispers loving words and kind admonishments into the skull's ear, before thrusting it quite definitely into the depths of the fountain and holding it down as it begins to struggle and resist and-

"-Errr..."

The skull overpowers Medha's delicate emo hands, leaping out of the fountain, yapping away like an angry puppy as it rubs itself back and forth against the curse crafter's leg! It urinates lovingly on Medha's boot!

”Teehee. Think you've made a friend.”

Item Acquired: Medha Correo: Pet Skull!

Item Acquired: Medha Correo: Groinbone of Good!

Assuming nothing horrible happens after the head is booted, put on the helmet!

"While you lot are faffing about rubbing groinbones..." mumbles Tackov, half to himself,  "I'm going to..."

He puts the helmet on his head.

Nothing happens.

"Oh. Oh well."

Item Acquired: Tackov Cedtry: Masterwork Helm!

Take minor health potion and grab the sword.
Use careful application of thuggery to acquire new health potion from other party member.

Oi, interrupts Bukkar, wiping the last of his health potion from around his mouth, Move.

Without waiting for an answer he pushes forward and picks up the longsword.

Bukkar Crangrom is overtaken by maniacal laughter!

Muahahahahahahahahahaha!

His comrades are not alarmed.

But then Bukkar attempts to carefully apply thuggery to ...Medha, to relieve her of a health potion!

The skull urinates on Bukkar's foot!

He kicks it across the corridor!

It bounces!

In the confusion Medha's cheese somehow ends up in Bukkar's inventory.

"Idiot."

Item Acquired: Bukkar Crangrom: Sword of Severing!

Defend my own health potions, and fill one of my empty potion bottles with the fountain water. Stick my arm back into my socket AGAIN and pour the water over it. Also, give Gervedder, Medea, and Bukkar my spare crossbows and quivers, along with some arrows pulled from my infinite quiver.

Dumping a pile of crossbows and quivers and bolts on his friends, Whiz whips out one of his empty potion bottles and fills it with the fountain water with perhaps a little more trepidation than he might have done before a reanimated skull urinated on his comrades' footwear.

Gritting his teeth, he rams his severed arm into his socket and, holding it firmly in place, wonders just how the hell he's meant to now pour water over the putrid wound.

”Here, colleague, allow me...”

The arm seals in place, as good as new!

Whiz faints with joy!

Smell the water. If that proves non-enlightening, take a bandage and dunk it in the water. See if anything changes with the bandage.

Gervedder, perhaps tired and thus a little slower than normal, has witnessed none of this. He stares intently into the fountain. After a short while he sniffs the fountain.

There's a very faint odour of urine.

"Ah, got an idea."

He takes one of his bandages and dunks it gingerly but with determination into the water.

There's a sharp crackle, a fizz, a pop, and as Gervedder hurriedly pulls the perfectly clean bandage out of the water a loud bang!

Item Acquired: Gervedder Vietzo: Bandage of Healing!

The fountain splits in two and falls to the floor, the water spreading rapidly over the stone!

As the adventurers' feet soak through and the slight smell of urine fades, a kind of semi-visible barrier forms from the ground up in a circle ten feet around the ex-fountain. And then, where the fountain's base rose, there now appears a shimmering disc of light, through which seems to come the sound of drinking, casual violence, and merriment.

Bukkar peers into the growing disc.

I know that sound! he claims, I'd feckin' know that sound anywhere! That's a feckin' inn!

The disc grows to roughly the size of a grown man, clearly showing a dirty and dark wooden door that doesn't quite stretch to the ground or the ceiling, ornamented with a rusting coat hook and a wooden latch.

"Idiots."

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.37
« Reply #519 on: July 08, 2013, 03:29:58 pm »

"Clearly this is some sort of freak magical occurrence. Hm. Who is going to go in first and risk being the first to die? I might pay for your first three drinks if you survive somehow."

Suggest. If anyone goes in and doesn't die, follow them.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 08, 2013, 03:47:51 pm »

"I fixed my arm! Wheeee!"

Victory dance! Also, don't enter the door unless someone else does first.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 08, 2013, 07:36:48 pm »

I'd take you up on your offer, but first I need to stop bleeding to death.

Fix the bleeding.
Sig! Onol

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 08, 2013, 10:39:35 pm »

((I love how you did Errol's dialogue La :P))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 09, 2013, 02:24:32 am »

"Ooh! Who's a good widdle disembodied head? Yes you are, yes you are! I just wonder how the hell you urinate on things."

Fashion Groinbone of Good into Bone Dagger of Good.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 09, 2013, 04:35:55 am »

Lady Foxglove turned an appraising eye toward the amulet. Well, it was sort of pretty. And, when it lit up...well, it could probably draw attention to her breasts. Not that they needed much help. She would wear it until it bored her. Like everything else.

She noticed everyone was puttering around, not entering the portal. A bunch of pansies, the lot of them

"Really, have you lot never heard of Inn Portals? The best establishments pay adventurous transwizards to set up checkpoints in dungeons and such-so, you can take a nice leisurely break in the middle of dungeon diving, and empty your loot bags. You know, save your progress and all that?

I swear, I'm the only real adventurer here!"

She artfully arranged herself for a hopefully adoring public, and sauntered through the portal.

Lady Foxglove decided to use extra saunter, just in case anyone important was watching.

Action: To the inn!

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 118