Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 191265 times)

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.31
« Reply #465 on: June 17, 2013, 10:22:53 am »

Buy the miniquiver of +1 to hit, the miniquiver of fire, the middling health potion, 2 more minor health potions, a scroll of fireball, and two +1 bolts of paralysis.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.31
« Reply #466 on: June 17, 2013, 03:47:07 pm »

Bukkar was chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool, and contemplating killing those tax collectors outside of his school when he turned the corner and saw - surprise surprise - more skeletons!
Well well well. More bony bastards. Where do they all come from, anyway? It's not like everyone who built this thing died in it. ... Hold on a second! You bastard skeletons made me think about your origins, which gave me a mild inconvenience in my thinking! DISPROPORTIONATE RETRIBUTION INCOMING

After the messenger guy tries his talking thing, and the mage guy wind blasts the skeletons, follow up with LIGHTNING FIST at the wolf skeleton!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.32
« Reply #467 on: June 18, 2013, 10:06:51 am »

Turn Thirty Two

Buy the miniquiver of +1 to hit, the miniquiver of fire, the middling health potion, 2 more minor health potions, a scroll of fireball, and two +1 bolts of paralysis.

Excitedly handing over eighty clinking gold Yuros, Whiz pockets his new stash of potions and deadly ammunition and politely thanks the shopkeeper.

They both look quite pleased, although it could just be that Whiz’s pockets are slightly bulging.
…   …   …   …   …   …

Look as harmless and benevolent to the wolf as possible. Try to instil a certain trust in me in it. If that doesn't look like it'll work, run away for now.

Action: Stand up, and shoot da skeleton wolf after Gervedders diplomacy fails

"Well now, aren't you a nice dog. Don't shoot it, milady. It probably wouldn't do much good. Too much air to hit and no vitals to pierce, after all."

"Now, my canine friend, this may end in one of two ways. We can battle or we can be friends. Which do you prefer?"

”Grrarrrrrrrr!

Gervedder Vietzo flees the skeletal dog!

Gervedder Vietzo outpaces the skeletal dog and its big pointy teeth!

Lady Foxglove Vainglorious III shoots somewhere roughly where the skeletal dog might once have possibly been maybe!

If (when) diplomacy fails, Wind Blast the wolf into the dual-armed skeleton.

”Wait…” thinks Tackov, his totally innocent and distracted staring quite interrupted by a messenger and an undead wolf running past him. ”It wasn’t a dog, it was a wolf! Take this, foul fiend!”

Wind blasting the skeleton wolf with a gentle breeze, Tackov sends the enemy gusting lightly through the air back where he came from before coming to a noisy halt in the pile of skeletons and curse crafters down the corridor.

The skeletal wolf’s head snaps off and rolls away from the brawl!

Entirely unable to move, the head hangs about on the floor, yapping in its forlorn wolfish way as its body collapses into a pile of bones.

Get out of the brawl and count on one of the timeless laws of comedy - if one combatant leaves a heated melee a trois, the remaining two will be too caught up in the action to actually notice their target has vanished. Picture one of these dust clouds from which only combat sounds and an occasional punching implement or beaten head surfaces, only to resubmerge in a moment.

Yeah, anyway, do that and Opportunistic Attack one of the skeletons. They should be preoccupied, so it's OK.

Leaping out of the increasingly dusty cloud of flailing bones, Medha laughs at the yapping skeletal wolf head, turns back to the bony turmoil she’s just escaped, and violently but ineffectually stabs the first skeleton’s head to emerge from the brawl.

It looks likes it might be… a bit… you know… scratched or something?

More interested in loot than glory, Medha quickly strips all the spare bones out of his skeletal pockets before he can react!

After the messenger guy tries his talking thing, and the mage guy wind blasts the skeletons, follow up with LIGHTNING FIST at the wolf skeleton!

Disproportionately enraged – was he ever anything but? Hell no! Proportionate rage is for pussies and liberals! – Bukkar Crangrom follows the flying wolf down the corridor, spies its lonely head yapping away on the floor, and LIGHTNING FISTS it to death and smithereens! Small sprouts of lightning burst all about, several soon growing into a large shoot and blasting into the one armed skeleton, immediately separating the ball of skeletal melee into, on the one hand, a standing angry skeleton and, on the other, a miserable pile of bones.

The angry skeleton advances on Bukkar, tripping as he does so and severing his own arm!

The pair of severed arms nip viciously at the rage mage’s toes, causing Bukkar some heavy toe bleeding!

The troglodyte zombie comes up behind the skeletons, hurling a big rock at Medha and then spitting through his nasty big pointy teeth into the face of Tackov the Wind Mage!

The rock bounces off Medha’s cuirass; the zombie’s spit flies straight into Tackov’s eyes. He immediately bends double, and commences to retch!

Wound Acquired: Bukkar Crangrom: Bleeding Toes!

Illness Acquired: Tackov Cedtry: The Vomiting!

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.32
« Reply #468 on: June 18, 2013, 01:26:17 pm »

Bukkar incoherently yells something about gun booze as he smashes both skeleton arms to shards!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 18, 2013, 01:30:31 pm »

And there's the vomit.

"BULLLARRRRRRRR that's foul!"

Magical Typhoon wind blast back up!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 18, 2013, 01:41:09 pm »

Charge and dropkick the remaining skeleton, then withdraw at a quick nip.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 18, 2013, 01:45:02 pm »

Action: Execute a tandem dropkick with Gervedder in perfect coordination and withdraw with him! Best friends forever!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 01:50:37 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 18, 2013, 04:22:24 pm »

"Oh, you unlucky little rock tosser you. It's as if you couldn't get anything right from the moment you were born... or, was it raised? In West... wait, where are we questing again? Oh well, doesn't matter."

Taunt Troglodyte, Badluckcursinate Troglodyte.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 19, 2013, 06:39:22 pm »

Find the rest of the party.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 25, 2013, 04:43:37 pm »

As Lady Foxglove floated in midair for what seemed like an eternity, she was reminded of old times and happier sights...

Lady Foxglove had always had a flair for the dramatic-removing the Ogre Zombies head with her sword was great, but punting over the wall?

Priceless.

She had turned to her brother Desmond, and held up four fingers.

"That puts my count at...37." He huffed, a smile on his lips. "I'm at 34. The nights still young, huh Sis? And remember, death means disqualification."
"Quite. Yet honestly, it's hard to tell with undead. Cut off their heads, does that count? Upper body or lower body? What about twitchers?"
"I think we can agree twitchers count for double."
"Agreed. Removal of legs half score?"
"All right...but, we're playing this by ear. I just used one zombie to bowl over like a dozen zombies, style has to count for something. And when you pushed the statue on that fat one? Nasty! I give you kudos, very creative."
"Ah, thank you brother. Oh, here they come again...moan and shuffle toward us slowly, how unexpected..."

They laughed. Sieges were great times for kill competitions. They would eventually call a draw, when they couldn't get a fair ruling on who counted for killing the enemy general Lord Daldrack-who cut off more parts, and so on.

Lady Foxglove had answered her magic mirror one fine day, a few months later.

"Hey, Lord Daldrack came back. He's lord 'Deathdrack' now." Desmond said. "Ugggh...I thought we cut off his head?"

"What can I say, he hired a good seamstress."
"I'll be there in a fortnight. Now get out of my mirror brother, I'm not wearing any clothes."
"Aaaaaugh!"

Lady Foxglove chopped his legs off, and Desmond chopped his arms off. They began sibling type arguing.

"If I hadn't impaired his mobility, you'd never have hit him square on."
"Look at your robe, he almost singed you with his Death Breath. Remember when I called out 'watch for his death breath'? I totally saved your life."
"I saved yours when he tried to shoot you with that heart seeking crossbow! Look, I knocked off his aim right...here!"
"You're not going to claim the credit for all this. What, you're going to go back to your Ravena's bridge club and tell all the ladies how you made me your crow, whilst drinking pink tea?"
"And it'd be better if you went back to your barbarous mercenary group and insinuate you saved the damsel fair? I know about the posters, Des."
"You sold those posters! Half of the troops have them in their lockers! I have to see it every day!"
"And well you should be reminded of what your darling sister must do to pay her expenses. In any case, I like the pose. Very artistic."
"That may be, but that's beside the point..."

Lord Deathdrack raised his nubs.

"Uh, can you kill me now please. Again. I hate you both so much."

*splorhc*
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.33
« Reply #475 on: June 26, 2013, 06:20:55 am »

Turn Thirty Three

Magical Typhoon wind blast back up!

"BULLLARRRRRRRR that's foul!" protests Tackov, wiping the troglodyte zombie spit from his eye as he stops retching long enough to straighten back up.

Clearly blinded by repulsion and mild anger, he magically readies his favourite attack, horrifically overpowering the spell charging mantra and setting it off totally out of his control!

A great gust of wind appears behind the unfortunate mage, blasting him forwards at tremendous speed and slamming him into the wall at the end of the corridor, directly between the spitting zombie and the angry skeleton!

His legs are most unpleasantly broken! He crumples to the floor!

Wound Acquired: Tackov Cedtry: Broken Legs!

Quote from: Skeletal Arm 1
Continue to attack the Human!

Nearby, a sneaky skeletal arm clickclacks forward and bites Bukkar repeatedly on the toes again. The toe bruising is quite painful.

Bukkar incoherently yells something about gun booze as he smashes both skeleton arms to shards!

Incoherent with rage at his horrific toe bruise, Bukkar hops up and down on one foot for several seconds before bending over and crushing the skeletal arms to tiny pieces.

He feels much better.

Quote from: Skeleton 2
Attack Bukkar the Destroyer of Arms!

But then!

The angry skeleton who’s just seen his arm smashed to tiny pieces is most displeased – if he can at all feel any emotion – and wants his revenge. He claws Bukkar in the guts, slashing the gutflesh and revealing the blood!

Wound Acquired: Bukkar Crangrom: Heavy Bleeding!

Taunt Troglodyte, Badluckcursinate Troglodyte.

"Oh, you unlucky little rock tosser you," mumbles Medha, staring at the zombie troglodyte’s toes. "It's as if you couldn't get anything right from the moment you were born... or, was it raised? In West... wait, where are we questing again? It’s been so long I’ve almost forgotten. Oh well, who am I to complain, hahaha, doesn't matter. Take this!"

The allegedly competent curse crafter does something, apparently, and perhaps something happens. Who can tell?

Luckily enough Medha hasn’t charged anyone any money!

Quote from: Troglodyte Zombie
Attack Errol the Taunter of Troglodyte Zombies! With teeth!

The troglodyte zombie for one appears violently disappointed with Medha’s apparent failed curse: he stomps forward, teeth bared, to chew her heart out!

He misses.

Action: Execute a tandem dropkick with Gervedder in perfect coordination and withdraw with him! Best friends forever!

Charge and dropkick the remaining skeleton, then withdraw at a quick nip.

Suddenly, against this backdrop of mild failure, there arises a symphonic blast of strings and brass as Gervedder Vietzo and Lady Foxglove Vainglorious III sprint in unison down the haunted corridor, unconsciously joining hands as they leap feet first as one towards the fearsome gut-clawing evil skeleton of doom!

”Best friends foreverrrrrrr!” cries Lady Foxglove shamelessly as her foot and Gervedder’s foot side by side crash into the undead abomination.

Its body is severed and its legs snapped in two!

The skeleton crashes to the ground and crumbles into a pile of bones!

Gervedder and Lady F look first at the pile of bones and then at each other, flushed and breathless.

Find the rest of the party.

As they walk back down the corridor, and just as Gervedder is about to suggest the pair stop holding hands, someone even more flushed and breathless appears to break the awkward silence.

”Help! Help! A heffa- wait… A zombie! A horrible zombie! A pair of zombies! Arg, a massive zombie! Oh gods what is that awful smell? Is that you Medha?”

Leaving a trail of death and destruction and two surviving undead shuffling along behind him, Whiz the Wizard appears, having sprinted across town and temple only to lose his way underground and wind up surprising the troglodyte zombie from behind with two peasant zombies in tow!

The troglodyte zombie doesn’t take kindly to being surprised from behind! He stops gnawing at Medha and throws a nearby rock at Whiz!

He misses again.

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.33
« Reply #476 on: June 26, 2013, 09:00:35 am »

"Very nice work, milady," says the messenger, sighing. "Unfortunately, there is still more work to do."

Run at that troglodyte fellow and try to trip him up before he causes much more damage. After letting go of Lady F, naturally.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 10:04:41 am by Harry Baldman »

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 26, 2013, 12:29:23 pm »

Shoot the Troglydyte as I run past to him to the rest of the party, and relative safety.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 26, 2013, 01:21:45 pm »

After uttering a stream of curses and profanities to vile to note down here, Tackov settles down to see what he can do to stabilize himself.

Treat on legs, as best as possible.  Perhaps the ex-skeleton can lend his femurs as splints.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 26, 2013, 01:49:22 pm »

Lady Foxglove thought one good bolt should knock down the rampaging beasts...

"Very nice work, milady," says the messenger, sighing. "Unfortunately, there is still more work to do."

"Quite. The joys of teamwork, hmm?"

Action: Shoot the Trog in the knee! Don't make any references to overused memes! After letting go of The Messenger, naturally.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 118