Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 53

Author Topic: Dark Souls 2 - PC Controls are the final boss. HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.  (Read 90792 times)

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

Jelle, I'll totally debate with you when I get a chance later, or at least throw my thoughts on some of those answers at you.  Got a certification exam coming up in about 30 minutes and I really need to study, but afterwards I'll slap a large block of text in here.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

Man, I hope I find a better weapon than the Homonculous Mace soon. I have no stats reason to switch to any other weapon right now, but it looks really ugly.

You have absolutely no reason to be using that right now. Go buy the standard mace from the blacksmith. All the preorder weapons besides the Transgressors leather shield are pretty much completely useless. The standard mace will do effectively the same damage, weighs 2 units less, does extra poise damage and doesn't look like it has cancer.

Also try and remember, you usually care more about a weapons moveset than raw damage. Goes double in DS2 from what I've seen.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

That's the thing. The bastard sword has better damage by about 13 points, but not as good a moveset for what I need right now. Too slow and too wide. I'll check that mace, though.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You guys up for some lore discussion? I've been pondering the story, and there's a couple of things that elude me.

Warning, major spoilers.
-spoiler snip-

Alright, I am the master of my own time now.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I feel awful but I can't stop laughing.

So, I was helping someone (alonside another phantom) fight the Pursuer. First thing, I run to the ballista. The other two get him ligned up juuust right and I get off 2 shots, killing it in under a minute. But I'd pulled back for another shot, and right after it died and the host and the other phantom broke into their celebration emotes, I accidentally let go and instantly killed both of them.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I feel awful but I can't stop laughing.

So, I was helping someone (alonside another phantom) fight the Pursuer. First thing, I run to the ballista. The other two get him ligned up juuust right and I get off 2 shots, killing it in under a minute. But I'd pulled back for another shot, and right after it died and the host and the other phantom broke into their celebration emotes, I accidentally let go and instantly killed both of them.

Jolly Coop Is Murder.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

That's kinda why you might wanna learn to fight the pursuer without those. He's not really that bad without them if you learn how predictable he can be.

Though that is quite a hilarious turn of events.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Yes, if you learn the Pursuer you can fight him early on in the spot you only get one chance in, for which you get the fabulous prize of
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, if you learn the Pursuer you can fight him early on in the spot you only get one chance in, for which you get the fabulous prize of

The most brutal reward of all.

BTW, pro tip spoiler for the--
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's kinda why you might wanna learn to fight the pursuer without those. He's not really that bad without them if you learn how predictable he can be.

I can beat him easily without them, and have helped people kill him in his initial spot about 3 times. But I am impatient. Also, what to do with 50,000 souls? I don't want to level because it's fun to coop here but I'm all out of titanite to buy. Firebombs and throwing knives?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

That spider boss is really fun. Been co-oping for that one, and now about 1/5 of all my souls are from that boss (in the range of 150-300k from co-op). Took me until just now to actually beat it on mine though.  Which was weird, since I would succeed in co-op about 8 times, try her again, and then get horribly insta-gibbed almost immediately or nearly solo it after the awful phantoms all died. In the final fight, the only phantom I summoned died while she was still at half health. >_<

She has some really nice tells, so you can get away from everything so long as you aren't using anything slower than a 1h sword. But when a bunch of spiders drop in, it's a real pain to solo. "What? You got out of range to kill little spiders? LOL LAZORS ON YOUR FACE!"

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can beat him easily without them, and have helped people kill him in his initial spot about 3 times. But I am impatient. Also, what to do with 50,000 souls? I don't want to level because it's fun to coop here but I'm all out of titanite to buy. Firebombs and throwing knives?

This is why the early/mid game feels a little out of whack. You have to search for a way to sink your souls meaningfully.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can spend them anyway.  Soul Level doesn't match you up with other people anymore, it's your total soul memory (the largest number on the right of your player stats screen) that actually matters now.  You have to be within 25% (either direction) to connect with people now.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You guys up for some lore discussion? I've been pondering the story, and there's a couple of things that elude me.

Warning, major spoilers.
-spoiler snip-

Alright, I am the master of my own time now.

Just to throw my $0.02 into this:

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Now knowing about the soul memory thing, I wish the ones you loose to death didn't count. I just lost 12,000 due to clipping through the dock at the Wharf, and now I know I'll always be at least 12,000 behind for pvp matchups.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 53