Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 53

Author Topic: Dark Souls 2 - PC Controls are the final boss. HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.  (Read 90747 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile

I just started PvPing with my strength character. Oh man, the greataxe is wonderful. I've got mine +10 with 40 str and charcoal pine resin, I've been 2-3 shotting people. The few times I've lost so far have been due to poor stamina management against slippery caster types. Easiest dragon head stone of my life.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just wanted to say I am Streaming it...
http://www.twitch.tv/ausgrizzly
Aussie so take care...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

I admit I've seen a lot of the same trend continuing.  Dark Souls 2 seems to be more "fast roll everywhere and throw magic, scoff at those melee guys" more than anything else.  Shields and physical damage got nerfed, and there's magic everywhere.

Shields nerfed how? In general I've felt more confident in my shield as a mostly pure melee than I ever did in DS1. But I assume you're talking PvP.
The guard break comes to mind.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

Shields only really seem weaker instead of actually act weaker in my own experience so far. And even then mostly since there's a lot less shields that block 100% physical damage. The guard break is so slow that if you got hit by it in PVP you pretty much deserve to lose on the spot, the kick was a lot faster and more deadly there.

I have actually found that if you're a lazy ass and forget to upgrade your shields this time that stability differences are also way more obvious than they used to be.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Alright, I really really want to play this. But for the life of me I just can't figure out how to get the ESSENTIAL items/bloodstains/spells to render. The rest of the game looks perfectly fine and runs tolerably. But the damn things just won't render. Funny thing is, when I booted it up for the first time, the waterfall in Things Betwixt rendered, but upon discovering that the item on the body beneath it did not, I increased the graphics settings. The waterfall disappeared, and despite setting everything back, the waterfalls still do not return.

Should I just uninstall/reinstall?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

Hugo do you have an integrated graphics card? I've heard sometimes the particle effects go missing when it decides it wants to use integrated graphics instead of whatever card you have installed.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I do have an integrated Intel card, and a separate AMD Radeon card. Steam in system info lists the Radeon as my card, so I assume that's what my games are using, but I have no idea how to check which card the game is actually using.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

I know Nvidia has a control panel, do you have some kind of AMD equivalent you can configure?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Alright, I really really want to play this. But for the life of me I just can't figure out how to get the ESSENTIAL items/bloodstains/spells to render. The rest of the game looks perfectly fine and runs tolerably. But the damn things just won't render. Funny thing is, when I booted it up for the first time, the waterfall in Things Betwixt rendered, but upon discovering that the item on the body beneath it did not, I increased the graphics settings. The waterfall disappeared, and despite setting everything back, the waterfalls still do not return.

Should I just uninstall/reinstall?

Verify the install through Steam before you go that far. (Somewhere on the property page of the game entry in the library.)

If your integrated GPU and your PCIE extension slot were in conflict, it'd be a major conflict for your whole system, not just for Dark Souls 2. I'd first check your card is in range for the game specs. If I read the links above right, the game engine was written for DX9 compatibility. So it's kinda unlikely your card is that out of spec. So next I'd check drivers. Failing that, reinstall.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 05:09:09 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, I'm fairly sure that it's using my Intel HD 4000, instead of the AMD one, since through a google for "missing particle effects" I find people with the same intel card having the same problem. The AMD one is well above the minimum specs (but still below the "recommended" one in the readme) for the game, so if I could just get it to freaking use it somehow, I'm sure it would be fine. Problem is, AMD doesn't come with its own menu app.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 05:12:47 pm by HugoLuman »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

No, because the integrated chip is part of the motherboard. You need to go into your BIOS and turn off the integrated graphics card so it only finds your Radeon one.

I'm surprised. A few years ago I thought PCs wouldn't even start if two different graphics cards/chips were loaded.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turned it off and downloaded drivers for the AMD Radeon one. It's not recognizing the drivers though. DS2 works in the main menus but crashes upon the actual game

Mishrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you verify your install via steam (as was suggested earlier)?  If so, you might try completely uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers.

Do other games give you problems too, or is it just Dark Souls 2?

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You guys up for some lore discussion? I've been pondering the story, and there's a couple of things that elude me.

Warning, major spoilers.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you verify your install via steam (as was suggested earlier)?  If so, you might try completely uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers.

Do other games give you problems too, or is it just Dark Souls 2?

Just DS2. I uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers, verified install, reinstalled the game, nothing gets particle effects to work. So I just decided to go through with a melee character. I know it's not feasible in the long run, but I actually got enough FPS to briefly do some co-op (and help someone kill the Pursuer early!)

Man, I hope I find a better weapon than the Homonculous Mace soon. I have no stats reason to switch to any other weapon right now, but it looks really ugly.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 53