Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Elements -- Age 4: Silent Swamps- WATER and WOOD victory!  (Read 18879 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Elements -- The Time Before Time Began
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2013, 06:48:09 am »

@Everyone: Who do you think is the highest priority target SIMPLY from their ability power?
I really don't think there is any 'priority target' given that people have free choice to prod and poke with diplomacy in their quicktopics.

You're against Water, aren't you.

First! This planet belongs to me. Since Im first.
And you're in the game. Welcome to Bay12!

Anywhoo, why aren't you asking people with that alleged first post of yours, hmm?

Still, don't put answers in a quote...within a quote :/ Not a good way for others to read it, or to format it.

@Nerjin
I think that attack is a protect. I think your water. And I think ur fishing for your enemies.

I think that attack is a protect because you specifically sad you arent using your protect
Jumpy there, sir. Why the huge leap into communication that you're ready to go all vague-definitive on the guy? You 'think' he's fishing, and so what? Anything for him to address?

Ford: Two allies, two enemies. How would you judge your target to be attacked, and how would you judge your target to be defended?

In the situation of lack of name-matching.

NQT:  Let's say your allies on quicktopic are codenamed and wish to only divulge their names if you do so yourself--how would you treat this? In the quicktopic and in the game, in searching for your allies/enemies?

Nerjin: Suppose an ally aligned with one of your enemies went all benevolent on you in the diplomacy-chat, how would you treat said ally?

Gankster
@everyone
Anyone else get the feeling that one of us has an amnesiac like power? I feel like we know to much to thibk we know everything about the elements.
In addition to the above, why think this?

Gankster78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2013, 08:35:24 am »

@Tiruin
Im posting from a pgone until the 24th of may due to my current occupation forcing me to go to the middle of nowhere and babysit infantrymen. I wanted to edit that post but, I cant.

Why quote my question and then not answer it? I think that mainly becase Ive been reading the temple game. And while this isnt a bastard game (I dont think it is) It would give u an incentive to kill your allies.

I have a question for you. Pinay or pinoy, which one are  you?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2013, 09:31:54 am »

Im posting from a pgone until the 24th of may due to my current occupation forcing me to go to the middle of nowhere and babysit infantrymen. I wanted to edit that post but, I cant.

Why quote my question and then not answer it? I think that mainly becase Ive been reading the temple game. And while this isnt a bastard game (I dont think it is) It would give u an incentive to kill your allies.

Apologies if my prods on that point may be offensive...

Try using the
Code: [Select]
[hr] to separate lines easily (there's another code for the equivalent of the enter key, but I forgot it...)

I can't get where the bolded part came from though.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2013, 11:10:04 am »

NQT:  Let's say your allies on quicktopic are codenamed and wish to only divulge their names if you do so yourself--how would you treat this? In the quicktopic and in the game, in searching for your allies/enemies?
As I'm the mod, I will leave this to the players to figure out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2013, 11:16:01 am »

That should be for TheWetSheep :/

Sorry!

Gankster78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2013, 12:55:42 pm »

@Tiruin
Im a huge fan of pronouns, I use them whenever I can following a proper noun ofcourse. I asked the question that way because I was trying to be cool(for lack of s better term). So your gender would have helped me place the correct pronoun in the future.

Spoiler: "OOC" (click to show/hide)

On offense taken :P...
To be more clear about my question. Do you think there is more to this game than what we know via the mods spoilers?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2013, 01:05:41 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

And no, I don't think there's any more to this game. It isn't particularly a bastard, compared to how the players do about their wincons, actually.

So...seeing that you're new to forum mafia--people ask questions here; questions pertinent to their wincon in the longterm, or to strike up conversation [which should have some relevance to the game and not purely banter].

So here are some queries:
> You've two allies, how would you value one over the other? Would you aim for a dual win--meaning, you and one of your allies winning?

> What would be your plan in scumhunting in this game? Anything you'd be doing to out your enemy, and your ally without relying on quicktopic?

Gankster78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2013, 02:26:18 pm »

Spoiler: "OOC" (click to show/hide)

@Tiruin
Im not that new to mafia I just find it hard to take the mafia approach to this game. As far as discerning the elements im sure ill come up with something. as the game goes on.

What elements do you think have the best chance at a duo victory?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2013, 03:58:38 pm »

NQT: Does the game end when a player wins?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2013, 04:02:57 pm »

NQT: Can you cast votes on yourself? Can you cast both your attack and protect votes on the same person?
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2013, 04:04:29 pm »

EBWOP
NQT: Can you cast votes on yourself? (No) Can you cast both your attack and protect votes on the same person?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2013, 04:08:29 pm »

Ford
The game ends when someone has won. You can attack and protect the same person. You can neither attack nor protect yourself.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2013, 06:27:18 pm »

For Ford
    Spoiler: Additional Rules (click to show/hide)
    Spoiler: * (click to show/hide)
    The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #43 on: May 14, 2013, 06:39:33 pm »

Small Issue: The rules state the game will end if a round ends in a stalemate three times, but that can't actually happen, since a round only ends if a player has more attacks-protects than anyone else.

Wait...does that mean only visible attacks-protects?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #44 on: May 14, 2013, 06:59:01 pm »

@Everyone: Who do you think is the highest priority target SIMPLY from their ability power?
    Wood. Wood has by far the greatest potential to cause disruption.

Ford: Two allies, two enemies. How would you judge your target to be attacked, and how would you judge your target to be defended?

In the situation of lack of name-matching.
    I'd pick one of my allies to side with and try to kill off the other as quickly as possible. That way my other ally can't betray me without losing.

@Nerjin: I could not for the life of me find that stuff in the rules until you quoted it. Meh.
    Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13