Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall (alternative universe) (Day 3 since arrival)  (Read 21493 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall (alternative universe)
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2013, 03:23:42 am »

The fortress that the elf-dwarven monstrosity was born in, meanwhile, experienced insanity.

Many creatures that looked upon the hybrid immediately went insane. Some of the migrants were not dwarves; indeed, some were tigermen or goblins, or, Armok forbid, ELVES. Even fire imps, for the love of Ushtul, showed up.

Many other hybrids were birthed that year. Goblin/dwarves, elf/imps, many. Inevitably, the fortress fell from the insanity that it brought, as most, if not all the inhabitants were driven mad by their appearance, and killed themselves and each other.

All but one. The elf-dwarven hybrid stood, the last of the elfborn. The last of the insane fortress known as Dirgefurnace.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2013, 03:27:36 am »

[so, did you just kill everyone on the 8th page? Or is this a story within a story?]
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2013, 03:28:27 am »

[so, did you just kill everyone on the 8th page? Or is this a story within a story?]
[Another fortress, I believe.
Even if he did kill everyone, I survived.]
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2013, 03:28:49 am »

((No. A story within a story. Dirgefurnace is far away from everyone else's location. It'd be seriously godmoddy (and fitting, it is DF) if I killed everyone off.

I shall now bring HAX to you all. :D ))
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 03:33:59 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2013, 03:44:53 am »

[In theory, a dwarf-elf hybrid is possible, given that it's planned for future versions, and since this is currently as if you're really there... Maybe everyone in Dirgefurnace were just huge prudes.]
[Anyway, people in the original thread tried hacking the game from within the game. It didn't end too well.]
[Oh, and I like to stir things up.]

Things were going well. Already, such glorious insanity. But perhaps too much. It would need careful tending. Wouldn't want them to fall too soon. Where's the fun in that?

jbg, as he left the tower, noticed something strange. He wondered why he hadn't noticed it on the way in. A few dozen meters beyond the tower, the forest opened into a large clearing, with curiously absolutely no plants, not even grass on the ground. Just black sand. Even more curious, though was the large, shallow crater in the center, with the rubble of a small stone brick building. Huh.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2013, 03:46:49 am »

((I didn't hack from the inside out. The PLAYER hacked it. Hence the reference from the inside out. Also, they went completely insane as currently, most hybrids will crash your game if you try to look at their description.

Also, I'll put a story post here soon.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2013, 04:01:44 am »

Just back away, Xanty. Don't want to provoke the 200-pound cougar, now do you?
Just back away. Just keep backing away and you'll be fine. Just keep backing aw-
*flump*
Xantalos, beacking away as he had, didn't notice the dip in the ground and promptly tripped over a root, causing him to fall flat on his back.
This was a sudden movement.
The cougar leapt with a sudden deadly ferocity, landing right on his chest with near bonebreaking force. Adrenaline almost overloading his veins, he desperately lashed out with all his limbs at the predator, knwoing that if he didn't so something he was dead. His foot jerked upward and slammed right into the cougar's exposed genetalia with crushing force as his other limbs flailed around uselessly. The cougar shrieked and fell down on top of Xantalos, tying to recover breath from the painful blow. With a desperate force rushing through his body bringing everyhting into stark detail, a process in Xantalos' brain chose between flight or fight.
The metaphorical lever flicked to 'Fight'.
With a spastic howl, Xantalos leapt on top of the cougar and began stabbing it with his knife. Knife to the ribs. Knife to the back of the neck.
To the spine. To the ear. To the snout. To the head. To the head. To the head ...

Some time later, Xantalos woke as if from a haze of red, slumped atop a cougar corpse riddled with stab wounds, with a substantial amount of blood on him.
There was no emotion to his movements. He methodically regathered everything that had spilled and placed it back in the bag. He then heaved the cougar up and over his shoulder in some kind of macabre fireman's lift and began walking for home, his steps almost robotic in motion.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2013, 04:23:54 am »

Cheesecake looks for some poisons in his stomach, rummaging around partly digested, cheese coated oddities floating in his stomach. He found a bottle, which he pulled out and saw a poison label on it. He proceeded to the river and poured it in. One by one, fish and crocodiles and other animals began floating up. With a gesture, the animals move and shudder, rising (or swim, or whatever) and swimming towards Cheesecake.

One by one, Cheesecake ate the undead creatures of darkness. With every corpse in his body, he grew in size a little bit. He moved his stomach muscles to put them all together, and cast his necromagic on himself. When he opened his mouth, a terrible abomination spewed onto the ground. The creature was repulsive, a pariah amongst pariahs. Eldritch to the unspeakable horrors of the void. It was comprised of various fish parts, bones and crocodile teeth. On his shoulders rested a rabbit head, constantly spewing blood, bile and cheese.

"Arise, sweet Rodoric. Jbg! I challenge you to a duel! Create your champion! Winner takes all of the souls here!"

Oh, can someone please be the judge for our duel? Or do we need a judge? The rest of you, don't mind us. We're just settling things.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2013, 05:49:54 am »

KKH coming across a cake challenging a zombie monster to a fight on who could make the best monster decided hey I could get some cool shit out of this says
"hey you need a judge for this completion why not me"
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2013, 08:44:19 am »

<snip>
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 09:27:08 am by kahn1234 »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2013, 09:12:15 am »

How long should a strange mood take if I start work immediately? I recall it takes a long time in DF.

(I'd say 1 week.  The strange mood would suspend your need for food and drink until it is over, in order to prevent working to death.)

Zanzetkuken worked in the small area that would be the underground farm.  He had managed to get the miners to divert their efforts until what would be seen as a 5x6 room was done.  There was a 5x1 'walkway' along the wall that had access to the farm, with the rest being an area equal to a DF 5x5 farm.  He grabbed some of the spores, and spread them around the farm like prehistoric peoples would have done with wheat, using up only half the bag.  He wasn't sure it this was how the dwarves did it, but it was the only way he thought they would use.  When he returned the bag to the wagon and was walking towards the piles of stone in order to assist the haulers, he stumbled and heard a ringing sound in his ear.  His vision then blurred, and he saw through the eyes of another forumite.  He saw a quick portion of that forumite's fight with a mountain lion, before the vision jumped to the end, with the forumite victorious.  His vision then blurred, and showed two other forumites raising corpses, one creating an abomination and challenging the other to create their own champion to face theirs.  He then saw through the eyes of a dwarf, who looked upon a dwarf-elf hybrid, with him sensing the dwarf going mad, before his vision jumps again, and he sees a forumite communing with Armok, getting a strange mood.  When this cycle ended, Zanzetkuken saw that he was on his knees and one hand, the other clutching his forehead.  What the h*** was that!?!

(I am going to note here that only Zanzetkuken is going to have this ability.  This is due to a technical glitch in his transfer that divided his conciousness, while having both parts retain the memories.  The division was not even, with 75% of it coming here, while the other 25% went to the other game.  In order to prevent destabilization and disappearance, some abilities manifested in both portions to fill in the missing portion, which is why my other character was so powerful.  With this one, this ability, along with some minor psyonic ability has manifested to close the void.  To use it on command, however, is going to require practice.)

Try and use my natural elven animal taming skills to try and find useful animals for the encampment.

Say hi to the turkey man and all other arrivals.

try to not get killed by poison, necromancers and monsters.

(Can you change this so that it has more description?  It allows for better character development, so people can write an adequate response to a question or if they are in conversation with your character and you are not online.)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 09:22:01 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2013, 09:18:41 am »

The story of Dirgefurnace reached the Mountainhomes, who sent an expedition to survey the ruins.

The expedition suffered a similar fate, as many of the hybrids still remained, driven insane with loneliness.

Meanwhile, the dwarf-elven hybrid, known as Ushtul Furnacebeard, had traveled away, disguised as an ordinary dwarf. He had migrated through many fortresses, which had collapsed from many things, ranging from the liquid death of the earth's lifeblood, the siege of goblins, or worse; the things from below.

Now he arrived at the Mountainhome, tired from journeying and watching the insanity unfold.

The first guard to peer truly into his face went truly insane.

This would be a truly insane fortress by dawn in three days.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2013, 09:20:22 am »

Alright. Would someone let me know when I can emerge from my Fey Blood Mood?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2013, 09:22:50 am »

Alright. Would someone let me know when I can emerge from my Fey Blood Mood?

(I answered in my previous post.)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 10:42:50 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2013, 09:26:56 am »

Saying hi to the turkey man and all other arrivals.
" Hi guys! you can call me...." her eyes suddenly glaze over "...Kahn Leafdancer." *i feel weird* "If you need anything medical doing i can do it! i was a nurse."
She smiles sweetly, at least she thinks she does, she doesn't actually know what she looks like in this world. She fiddle nervously with the hem of her leaf dress. She asks what type of animals the camp needs.

"What animals would be useful for what we are currently doing?"

*later*.....

Try and use my natural elven animal taming skills to try and find useful animals for the encampment.
"Hmmm i wonder what animals would be useful other than the ones i was told about.... Maybe hauling animals? or maybe some trained war beasts...."
Kahn goes off to try and find some dangerous animals to tame in the nearby forests.

Kahn, seeing a crazy cheesecake thing raising what can only be described as an abomination, she makes a little promise to herself not to get in their way, and to avoid death as best she can. She doesn't think there are respawns in this world.

For some strange reason, she couldn't help but think of dwarf/halfling related short jokes:

Q: What do you call a gangster hobbit?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Q: What do you call a Chinese Dwarf?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 09:40:50 am by kahn1234 »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16