Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall (alternative universe) (Day 3 since arrival)  (Read 21475 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall (alternative universe)
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2013, 08:27:36 pm »

"Well guys, take care of Curio for me; don't let him die or anything while I'm gone. I'll be foraging for a few days in that forest off to the west; I'll carry the stuff with this sack I found in the wagon. See you in 2 days or so!"

Xantalos has gone off into the forest to forage for edible mushrooms and plants, berries, etc.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2013, 08:32:07 pm »

An hour or so after the turkey wrangler arrived, another man, with but two animals following him, on his shoulders, arrives. In one hand, a strip of fish biscuit. In the other, a fishing rod. It has a spear tip attached to the end. It depicts a carp. It depicts a dwarf. The carp is biting the dwarf. The dwarf is laughing. On his back, a backpack with naught but a change of clothes, some fishing tackle, and dead vermin. As he approaches, the animals on his shoulders can be made out...and they are horrible.

Cats.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2013, 08:33:58 pm »

"Alright, Mullet. Say, how about this? You give me a hen, I give you your choice of the first five beds I make.

"Oh, look, a new friend. Hello there..."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2013, 09:31:31 pm »

((Ok, I was fishing/sleeping relatively close to the bank after the wagon push, missed saying hi- to person/GWG. Sorry had a bazzilion things happening at once and ended up neglecting my comp. Top of third page I think was where I was waiting -before Xantalos arrived. Xantalos if I accidentally refer to you a Xanatos at some point I apologize in advance. Too much TvTropism/Gargoyles... ))

After waking up at dawns first light and observing movement patterns of the fish from the bank until the sun clears the horizon, and within the first couple of hours of daylight Necrisha manages to snag three good sized trout. With the still live fish slopping around in the bucket halfull of water she takes a break to dig a couple of cattail bulbs from a slower part of the brook. When she comes back there's a cat hesitantly trying to bat at the fish.

"Well aren't you a sweety!" dropping the cattail bulbs into the bucket she gently pushes the curious cat away and picks up the bucket to take over to the main group. when she arrives she notices two she hasn't seen before.

"Hello there, I'm Necrisha. Sorry GreatWyrmGold, I've been distracted lately. Has anyone got a fire going?"
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2013, 09:37:18 pm »

[Heh, I'll have to keep an eye on this thread. BTW, being humans, at least at heart, newly arrived with human knowledge and human skill, you might find it easier at first to set up lean-to shelters or shacks above ground.]
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2013, 09:38:05 pm »

"Hhmm. I am Rolepgeek Bamelpatir. I am the fisherdwarf, I hear that I miss the wagon sent. This is saddening me. I am great fisherdwarf, speardwarf at home fortress. Come help make new one."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2013, 09:48:25 pm »

[Heh, I'll have to keep an eye on this thread. BTW, being humans, at least at heart, newly arrived with human knowledge and human skill, you might find it easier at first to set up lean-to shelters or shacks above ground.]

(Yep. By the way, can someone (Zanzetkuken?) notify me when 2 days or do have passed so I can return with my phat loot?)
Sig! Onol

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2013, 09:50:28 pm »

"To be honest, I'm in shock, so I'm treating this like a camping trip till I can come to terms with whatever this is without going loony. I know it's odd that I can say this, but I'm selectively listening and compartmentalizing anything that is making my throat tighten into a un-swallowable lump so don't get to descriptive about non-camping things till I've let myself have a good cry"

Necrisha looks like she as about to say more when a half gurgle seems to erupt from her mouth. She squeezes her eyes shut and violently shakes her head for a few seconds and promptly sits down, looking exhausted.

"Ugh. I'm not going to sleep much for weeks."
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2013, 10:10:16 pm »

(Yep. By the way, can someone (Zanzetkuken?) notify me when 2 days or do have passed so I can return with my phat loot?)

You could give interesting anectdotes of your time foraging. It's a good time to characterize yourself, even if you do nothing more than tell an introspective. For example, if you don't know much about foraging in real life, you can muse and think and try to cobble together what little knowledge you have to find something edible. Or you can rattle off your real-life expertise, as some on the other thread do.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2013, 10:14:30 pm »

You could give interesting anectdotes of your time foraging. It's a good time to characterize yourself, even if you do nothing more than tell an introspective. For example, if you don't know much about foraging in real life, you can muse and think and try to cobble together what little knowledge you have to find something edible. Or you can rattle off your real-life expertise, as some on the other thread do.
(Oh I will do that, but it's good to have markers so I can RP accordingly.)
Sig! Onol

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2013, 10:17:36 pm »

after helping with the houses (I think thats what the time frame is at the moment) I set up a small distilling and brewing station to help keep the dwarves happy
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2013, 10:23:34 pm »

[Anyone here like beer? Or think they've become dwarven enough in the transition to need it? Just my two cents, might make for a more compelling story if you stumble at first with all the things you have no clue about, as if you really were trying this in real life. Of course, if anyone has technical knowledge about distilleries, do not hesitate to step forward! Knowing the general principal could also go a long way.]

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2013, 10:43:26 pm »

(( I know several fruit that can ferment on their own without becoming toxic; provided you put the filtered juice in a clean jug or bottle. Granted most of this is from personal experience with juice left on the kitchen table...))
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 10:45:41 pm by Necrisha »

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2013, 10:54:54 pm »

So, the funny looking human comes out coughing, covered in soot with several rocks. 

"LOoOky here, *hyack* I found some new rocks."   :o  "CHEESCAKE!!!!"  He comes running for his favorite food, although this one is roasted, not frozen solid as is preferred. 

[Anyone here like beer? Or think they've become dwarven enough in the transition to need it? Just my two cents, might make for a more compelling story if you stumble at first with all the things you have no clue about, as if you really were trying this in real life. Of course, if anyone has technical knowledge about distilleries, do not hesitate to step forward! Knowing the general principal could also go a long way.]

[I'm as sober as a Muslim.  They aren't allowed to drink.  ]

[Exactly what I'm doing.] 

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2013, 11:03:41 pm »

Zanzetkuken rummaged through the wagon searching around.

No.  No.  Not that.  Not that.  Ah, here they are.

He lifted up a bag of plump helmet spawn that he had been searching for.

Now, how in the world am I going to plant these?

He returned the bag to its place inside the wagon, and asked a passing forumite, "Have the miners dug out a small area for an underground farm, yet?  Plump helmet mushrooms should grow fairly fast."

(I am not specifing anyone, so that any of the forumites that would be in the area could answer.)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 11:06:00 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16