Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall (alternative universe) (Day 3 since arrival)  (Read 21473 times)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall (alternative universe)
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2013, 11:11:16 pm »

Feeling that his plan of mass murder is going absolutely nowhere at this pace, Jbg decides to speed up the process considerably. Consulting the map which the Wagon used to reach their current destination, Jbg found 2 nearby towers within a day's reach. "Perfect" he thought, grabbing a backpack of food and booze and his trusty mace, "Absolutely perfect."

Jbg has gone off to search for knowledge that exceeds life and death.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2013, 11:17:14 pm »

Feeling that his plan of mass murder is going absolutely nowhere at this pace, Jbg decides to speed up the process considerably. Consulting the map which the Wagon used to reach their current destination, Jbg found 2 nearby towers within a day's reach. "Perfect" he thought, grabbing a backpack of food and booze and his trusty mace, "Absolutely perfect."

Jbg has gone off to search for knowledge that exceeds life and death.
crap we have a crazy one remember that your still living and can be wounded, I can fix wounds
dont kill me
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2013, 11:18:15 pm »

"Gah! Don't eat me! Do you know how hard it was to get the ingredients to make me? I'll have you know that I consist of cheesecake, a sword, slade, and a necromancer slab!"

Given that I was made with a slab, am I a necromancer? And can I be a super-heavy, sharp (both literally and metaphorically), roasted cake?
Or do I have to be a dorf?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2013, 11:19:23 pm »

"Gah! Don't eat me! Do you know how hard it was to get the ingredients to make me? I'll have you know that I consist of cheesecake, a sword, slade, and a necromancer slab!"
Is the slab still in readable condition?
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2013, 11:24:33 pm »

"Hold on just a moment"

He rips out his googly eyes and stuffs it in his cheesy mouth, looking for the slab.

"Let's see here, a foetus, no... um, Pandora's box? No... Ah! Here it is! Yeah, I guess I can make out the wo- Agh!

Cheesecake has learnt the knowledge of life and death.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 11:39:04 pm by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2013, 11:25:11 pm »

Joe Bridger emerges from his metaphysical trance!Yes, Lord Armok. I know what I am bound to do.Joe Bridger has entered a Fey Blood Mood! Joe Bridger grabs the refined plants and claims the workshop!Two hours, forty eight minutes, seventeen seconds. It must be ready by that time, yes. Silver barb dye, longland flour, incense. I'll need at least a dozen. And leather! Need some leather, yes. But whre can I get it? Aha! The caravan!Joe Bridger grabs a yak cow from the livestock and sacrifices it at the altar!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2013, 11:46:42 pm »

"Well, let's see, yeah, these are edible...
All right, chanterelles! These'll go great for special dinners or something."

After a while, Xantalos runs upon a veritable mountain of berry bushes. In the midst of picking them, he runs upon a deposit of oddly glowing flowers. "Well, I'm taking these."
He then continues foraging.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2013, 11:48:05 pm »

How long should a strange mood take if I start work immediately? I recall it takes a long time in DF.

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2013, 12:26:35 am »

After resting for a while Necrisha looks around, and after not locating a campfire of any description she grabs some of the smaller stones and builds a ring for a good sized firepit sufficiently away from the crude wall yet still inside the "fortress entrance" She hastily scrapes the vegetation away from the outside of the circle leaving bare dirt. Leaving the live fish bucket with the cattail bulbs beside it she runs down to the carpenters shop for splinters and otherwise useless wood scraps. on her second trip for kindling she stops to strip some of the loose birch bark off the tree. Once she has sufficient kindling and some larger chunks she starts a fire.

Once it is properly burning and banked for roasting she kills and guts the fish, throwing the entrails inside the firepit just around the edges of the fire. leaving one head for any hungry pets she stabs a pointy stick though the end of the tail, leading it thought the main body into the brain crevice. the one who's head she removed she simply poked though the main body cavity into the tail. Wedging the sticks at an angle over the flames she then removes the outer layer of the cattail bulbs and rams a skinny stick through them, balancing the on the two largest rocks accross the firepit.

"Now to wait and rotate." Necrisha says out loud. wondering if anyone would want lunch.
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2013, 12:33:45 am »

Cheesecake gestures at the severed fish head, practicing his new powers. The head comes to life and crawls around the campfire.

Perfect....
Dying of laughter?

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2013, 01:09:49 am »

Necrisha lets out a blood curdling scream as the fish head she left close to her work area by the fire leaps to life.

"AAAAUGH!!! KILL IT KILL IT!!" She hollers while stomping on it in her house slippers.  Once it stops moving she she breathes a sigh of relief. She looks around while keeping the fish head firmly crushed under her rubber soled-slipper.

"NOW IS THIS A FRAKING BORG FORSAKEN EVIL BIOME? OR IS THERE A THRICE DAMNED MILK-CURDLING MOULDY-SOULED NECRO AROUND!"
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2013, 01:36:33 am »

Meanwhile, many miles away, Jbg reached his destination: The Necromancer's Tower. Knowing that such towers are generally filled with undead, but that undead don't attack necromancers, Jbg threw open the door and smashed the first 2 zombies out of his way. Scrambling madly, knocking away any undead that came too close, he finally found the slab. Upon reading its words, Jbg was filled with the knowledge of a terrible power. Turning back toward the undead, who had only a moment before been attempting to kill him, Jbg commanded them to kneel. Kneel they did. "Yes" Taking a bite of food and a swig of booze (both of which he no longer needed) Jbg lied down upon the ground and slept. Tomorrow would be a good day.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2013, 02:00:09 am »

"Fish head! Nooooo! Dang it... time to look for some new bodies," the walking cheesecake says.

He walks into the dark forest, looking for animals. He finds some deer and rabbits. He picks up a few smooth pebbles and hurls hit at a rabbit, most missing but one finds it's mark and knocks the rabbit out. Cheesecake walks to the rabbit, picks it up and puts it in his moldy, cheesy mouth. He gestures to inside his stomach, and feels the zombie rabbit kick and squirm inside him.

He finds the deer, grazing on the grass. He opens his mouth and spits the rabbit at the deer. The cheese-coated rabbit viciously attacks the deer, ripping it and tearing it apart. After the barrage of cheesy, fluffy fury is done, Cheesecake gestures to the rabbit and it stops moving and falls limp.

He picks up the deer, and brings it back to the campsite to be cleaned, cut and eaten. He also eats the rabbit for further use.

"I'll call you... Rodoric!" he says, naming his rabbit after a Belgian cheese.
Dying of laughter?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2013, 02:23:03 am »

Meanwhile....

An unholy behemoth emerged from a dwarven woman giving birth. It seemed to warp all sense and logic around it. It could not, and SHOULD not exist, by all means.

But outside forces had intervened, and an unholy matrimony had been made.

It was an impossible creature. An impossible THING.

"That woman is an elf collaborato-GAAAHH!"

The accusatory dwarf was driven insane by the visage of the newly born elf-dwarven hybrid. The dwarf stumbled off, taking his clothes off and babbling.

The dwarf woman cradled the elf/dwarven hybrid, cooing to it. She had gone mad too.

((Yes, I have seen hybrids ingame via Dfusion. It was a fire imp/dwarven hybrid. It was healthy. And it crashed my game sooner or later. Basically, my character will now proceed to be the glitchy missingno and the representative to what happens when you hack DF.

If you want links to me actually detailing what happened I'll give one.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2013, 03:11:00 am »

The sack had been filled - these forests were rather moist as of now, and thus a wide variety of edible mushrooms and berries (THAT I AM NOT LISTING) were growing at the moment.
"Not the most nonperishable of supplies, but dried they should hold out until we can get a steady food supply going," Xantalos mused to himself as he strolled through the moss-filled wood, ducking under branches, climbing over rotting logs, and weaving his way through the forest. "Altogether, not a bad day. Sure, I may have lost contact with my friends and family, but to be honest as long as I've got Curio I'm fine. I wonder if this world has magi-" Xantalos paused. "Magi..magic...feck."
For Xantalos had seen something very very bad indeed. Xantalos had seen a mountain lion. Right in front of him.
He began to back away slowly, taking out the knife he kept in the back of his pants as he did so - not like that was going to do crap.
Just back away, Xantalos. Back away and hope it doesn't come after delicious you.
Just back away.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 03:32:16 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16