Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall (alternative universe) (Day 3 since arrival)  (Read 21482 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall (alternative universe)
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2013, 06:21:56 pm »

"Hey, look, cheesecake! ...I have a feeling we should treat it as a scip."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2013, 06:23:54 pm »

Zanzetkuken looked around at the outcroppings across the mountain.  He shouted down to the people bringing the wagon up, "How much rope is in the wagon?  We could arrange a pulley system to lighten the burden!"
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2013, 06:52:49 pm »

@
Zanzetkuken looked around at the outcroppings across the mountain.  He shouted down to the people bringing the wagon up, "How much rope is in the wagon?  We could arrange a pulley system to lighten the burden!"
"I think we have enough rope to do that. Here, I'll toss the end of the coil up to you."

"Xantalos, eh? Well, I hope Jbg cured you of that omnicidalism you had back at YAFB. As my compatriot mentioned, I'm GreatWyrmGold. Hm...can we swing by that plateau?"
The omnicidalism should only kick in again if I ever get magic or become an adventurer, and even then only after a while. For now, I kinda want to live.
Here, tie this rope to the hitch at the front of the wagon, would you?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2013, 07:22:33 pm »

On the dawn of the 2nd day in the Mountain Hall, a migrant arrives....

A dwarf with a long , curly black hair and a curly black beard appears at the edge of the forest. You hear an odd rustle behind him.. at first a high pitched whine, maybe a machine is behind him... but then the telltale sound comes out.

"Gobble gobble gobble!!" exclaims a turkey. But there's more. Shortly the whole forest erupts into a chorus of gobbles. For several minutes, you hear muffled cursing as the dwarf tries to quiet down the turkeys to no avail. Finally, he prods the leader with the toe of his boot enough to make the turkey shuffle around and finally quieten down.

The dwarf continues walking towards the dwarf encampment. You can see he is leading perhaps a half dozen turkeys using varying lengths of pig tail fiber rope. On his back is a simple bag, in poor condition, containing what appears to be clothes and perhaps a small bit of food.

He brings his flock of turkeys over to the wagon... and addresses whoever is standing closest at the time .

The man says : "Doya gotch any water now? Thee turkeys be dry, gobblin' all day and whatnot! Mebbe brook or river, or stream ? Don't be waitin' too long, the turkeys be gettin' bitey soon"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2013, 07:26:55 pm »

"Oh, I hope so. I haven't looked much, though. Name's GreatWyrmGold. I carpenter for now. Car to help?"

*ties rope to wagon and loads blocks on*

"Oh, and did you see an elf?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2013, 07:34:20 pm »

"Gladmeetya GreatWyrmGold. I'm Bomrek Mulletkėn , or Mullet Master in the tongue of humans. I'll tell ya what. These turkey's be abig handful today. Gonna tie them to my belt here, and I'll help ya push the wheelbox up the hill."

Mullet ties the ropes to his belt, throws his sack into the wagon, and starts pushing. As he starts pushing, he starts to speak
"Whatcha got in here anyway? I think... " He is abruptly cut off by his turkeys. One of the larger male turkey has start to beat another turkey with it's wings, and now an all out turkey melee is occuring.

"I'll be Armok's foot beard, get these blasted things apart. Somebody grab that big white one!"

Mullet stops pushing and wades into the turkey melee, trying to grab a large reddish turkey.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2013, 07:41:43 pm »

After the turkeys are pacified...

"So, are there civilizations here in this world? Why are you here - did you see us coming or something? Oh, forgot to introduce myself - name's Xantalos, I forage and stuff, though I could also try to keep track of our stocks and whatnot. Anyhow, if you're offering to help us get this damn wagon up the hill we'd be grateful."
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2013, 07:46:21 pm »

*grabs the white one*

"There's some planks for setting up a trade depot and some miscellaneous supplies no one bothered to unload. Say, how many hens do you have?"
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2013, 08:00:28 pm »

"...That is a brilliant idea. If we can get a supply of eggs going, we won't starve!
Wait. You don't happen to be carrying plump helmets, do you?"
Sig! Onol

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2013, 08:07:24 pm »

(Ummm...let me see.  Let's say we arrived at around noon.  Add in 1/2 an hour before the wagons, to let's say 4 hours trying to get it up to the flat area, that still would only leave us at 4:30 in the afternoon.  Add in a one hour break, then another 2.5 hours getting it up the remaining portion of the mountain, that would only put us at dusk or soon after (9:00), with the wagon already inside the cave.  Therefore, by the time Mullet Master arrives on dawn the next day, based upon the actions, the forumites would be working on the trade depot, working on the housing near the forest, assisting on clearing out the rubble from mining, mining, planting, fishing, or any other task I have not listed, unless it was decided to wait for the next day for the final strech, but that would risk wild animals getting into the supplies.)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2013, 08:10:03 pm »

Hm...

So where are we now?
Sig

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2013, 08:12:24 pm »

Hm...

So where are we now?

Here, based upon actions:
the forumites would be working on the trade depot, working on the housing near the forest, assisting on clearing out the rubble from mining, mining, planting, fishing, or any other task I have not listed

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2013, 08:14:46 pm »

((About the hemlock thing, I've always heard of hemlock berries, and also I literally know nothing about Plants other than their needs and not much else.))
OREOSOME decided to pick up the stones that were piling up, and started to take them outside, so as to not have them impede on the people's movement.
"Hmm... Wait a minute... Everyone here seems to be a Forumite... Something is up. Other than the apparent transportation into this world, of course. What could have possibly done that, though..."
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2013, 08:17:09 pm »

*ties the largest turkey to a corner of the wagon, away from the others*

"Lessee. Three toms, four hens. Born about half year ago, they still got a lot of fight left in em. And ya asked me earlier , if I seen an elf, nope. Don't see many round here. Let's get this here wagon up the hill, I'm gettin' pretty thirsty . Y'see, what I do... I got these turkeys... they are plenty handful. Sometimes I make stuff. Outta rocks. Y'know? "

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2013, 08:18:21 pm »

"The materials are prepared. It is time to begin the ritual. Burning the remaining herbs Armok, accept this sacrifice. Let me know what you require, for I seek your blessing. I go now to seek commune. Establishes metaphysical trance using plant smoke.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16