Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24

Author Topic: BM XL: Miner's Mafia (Scumteam Wins!)  (Read 44805 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: BM XL: Miner's Mafia (Full)
« Reply #225 on: May 06, 2013, 06:27:09 pm »

As you wake up in the morning, you look around hurriedly. After a quick headcount, you realize that you are all here. Nobody has died tonight. The good mood settles back to depression as the day moves on and a new board is draw up in chalk. Four names left.

Day will end 5/6/2013 at 18:00 GMT. Approximately 72 hours left.

Spectr needs a replacement, anyone up for it?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 06, 2013, 06:43:58 pm »

... i haven't been tracking this thread, and I'm brand-new to forum mafia (seriously, my total game count is 0), but i suppose i could hop in at the last minute for you.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 06, 2013, 06:44:35 pm »

Sounds good. Lenglon has replaced in for Spectr!

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 06, 2013, 06:46:19 pm »

You know. I think specter is out as far as being scum goes. It is probably just a case of RL getting in the way. So we should look at his replacement neutral/ town. I suggest we start thinking of what is going on with everything now. The number one suspect that I had was town and as I said specter is out for me. So that leaves borno and death sword as my suspects.

We are also on LaLo and my opinion as to why the scum didn't night kill is because we are on LaLo no matter what and this leaves more suspects.

This was a simple post but I don't really know what to say other than this right now. I'm curious as to what everyone is thinking as well.

I would like to welcome you Lenglon! And don't worry, I'm green as well :P
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 06, 2013, 07:01:38 pm »

ok, only 16 pages? this wont take as long as i was afraid it would. *gets out pencil and paper* I'll post an opinion soon.

GM, according to the first post of the thread, there's some kind of a role PM i should be getting? I dont have one right now.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 06, 2013, 07:04:02 pm »

GM, according to the first post of the thread, there's some kind of a role PM i should be getting? I dont have one right now.
That's been sitting in another tab. Sent, now. Sorry bout that.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 06, 2013, 08:32:32 pm »

ok, only 16 pages? this wont take as long as i was afraid it would. *gets out pencil and paper* I'll post an opinion soon.
First time I've ever heard someone take that in an optimistic way. I like that ^^

{I am not playing. I am giving my honest opinion. I am the scum IC. This has no correlation to whether the player is scum or not. I like Lenglon :I. Take that platonically and in an I admire his qualities-ish way.}

Only 16 pages...If only everyone would adopt that attitude :P

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 06, 2013, 09:42:33 pm »

First time I've ever heard someone take that in an optimistic way. I like that ^^

{I am not playing. I am giving my honest opinion. I am the scum IC. This has no correlation to whether the player is scum or not. I like Lenglon :I. Take that platonically and in an I admire his qualities-ish way.}

Only 16 pages...If only everyone would adopt that attitude :P
compared to reading ER? this is NOTHING!
also, when i volunteered to replace, i had mixed up the length of this with magic mafia. I'd buckled down for a 78-page read. seeing that this is just 16 was kind of amazing.

GM: are there hammers this game?

finished my readthrough and i'm disappointed. there has been almost no sucmhunting this game, days 2 and 3 everyone just tunneled and lurked. it's somewhat ridiculous.

current scum reads: borno looks apathetic or really scummy for his massive lurking, and for <redacted because WIFOM Fuel>
problem is, deathsword ALSO reads as scum to me because he's being ineffective and is an IC so can be held to a higher standard, no hard pressure on anyone for days, pretty much active lurking, and bandwagoned on swordsmith with no real questions.
least scummy is shinigami because he's actively scumhunting, but he also just replaced in so i'm having to make a snap decision on him.

Deathsword: what are your current scum reads and why?
why haven't you been hunting? why haven't you been prodding the other players for NOT hunting?
what is your opinion on borno specifically? why have you let him off so easily for mistaking noobtells for scumtells?
why did you jump on the swordsmith bandwagon with such a tiny post? you never even talked to him beforehand.
Borno
Deathsword:
It is LyLo and you are a vanilla mafioso. There are two players who are both suspicion of you, as you were lurking most of the game. What do you say to divert their suspicion?
Instead of trying to come up with an excuse for lurking, I would instead find out something scummy one of those two players did, and, thus, try to convince the other one.
how do you plan to do this? show me please.

Borno: why have you been lurking so hard ever since day 1? you were active and useful then, but haven't done much since. why haven't you taken the initiative since griffon pressured you back on day 1. why have you only asked shinigami a single question since he replaced in?
Shinigami_King:
How are you feeling about replacing into this game d3?
really? that's all you have to ask him? ever? not even a single RVS question?

Shinigami: what do you think of the lack of roles this game? what is your opinion of Borno's passive lurking vs Deathsword's active lurking? why are you, the newest person here other than myself, the one that is actively scumhunting the most?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 06, 2013, 11:44:48 pm »

Take that platonically and in an I admire his qualities-ish way.
arn't you usually the one that's picky about pronouns? :P
coloring and bolding are mine.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 07, 2013, 04:02:05 am »

This is what I mean about you not scumhunting. it is noteworthy that you didn't target ranger until he was practically screaming "i'm scum" by refusing to follow through on showing why he was suspicious of borno.

borno, you arn't off the hook either. here's yours.
Spoiler: borno's day2 posts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Borno's day3 posts (click to show/hide)
Borno, you're passive-lurking, except the bandwagon jump on day3 over noobtells you've done nothing since day1.
if this weren't MYLO I'd be calling for a policy-lynch on you on the spot for that.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 07, 2013, 10:04:26 am »

GM: are there hammers this game?
No.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 07, 2013, 03:06:05 pm »

Shinigami: what do you think of the lack of roles this game? what is your opinion of Borno's passive lurking vs Deathsword's active lurking? why are you, the newest person here other than myself, the one that is actively scumhunting the most?

There are roles. Ranger was a role blocker so you have that to ponder. I believe that passive lurking is better than active lurking. I try to post regularly and scumhunt regularly to try to keep the game going. The entire point of mafia is to either scumhunt or to point fingers if you are the mafia. If I wasn't active here this place would be a ghost forum.

Deathsword- I am going to be honest. You look scummier to me than borno. I know that it was a long way back but first impressions stick. On day one the people that I observed to be the scummiest were you in number 1, and ranger and swordsmith tied for second. My opinions are different now because of how you acted over day 2 and day 3. However Lenglon is raising a good point and is bringing you to the center of my vision. My question for you is joining the game as an IC, what were you expecting from the greens, did they meat your expectations and as an IC what do you recommend we do? I'm curious if you plan to rally us and try to CONQUER ALL EVIL! or do you have a better plan?

Borno- We are on lylo... -___- this is a kind of serious situation game wise... where are ya?
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 07, 2013, 03:53:11 pm »

First, as to why I haven't posted yesterday: My home was completely powerless (as was the rest of the city and the neighbouring cities) for the whole day.

Also huge post due to huge quote number

You know. I think specter is out as far as being scum goes. It is probably just a case of RL getting in the way. So we should look at his replacement neutral/ town. I suggest we start thinking of what is going on with everything now. The number one suspect that I had was town and as I said specter is out for me. So that leaves borno and death sword as my suspects.
Why do you think Spectr/Replacement is town/null? Reasons please.

We are also on LaLo and my opinion as to why the scum didn't night kill is because we are on LaLo no matter what and this leaves more suspects.
We are not in LyLo (and it's LyLo and not LaLo). We are at MyLo. That means if we mislynch, we lose. A no lynch would leave us in LyLo, otherwise the game ends today.

deathsword ALSO reads as scum to me because he's being ineffective and is an IC so can be held to a higher standard, no hard pressure on anyone for days, pretty much active lurking, and bandwagoned on swordsmith with no real questions.
I made a complete case on swordsmith, if he didn't feel like saying anything to that, it was his call. Not in the quote, but my posts are usually small, I am not verbose (Tiruin is an example of someone who is). Sometimes you do not need to have had any previous interaction with someone to notice scummy behaviour. He may have flipped town, but the things I pointed out were genuinely scummy and thus deserved a vote.

{To define a bandwagon: to vote for someone already in the lead to be lynched. This may or may not be scummy. A vote with no reason or very weak/lazy ones is scummy. One with actual reasons/a case is not}

Deathsword: what are your current scum reads and why?
I have to reread, but as it stands now you are null (your predecessor vanished and you just replaced),

why haven't you been hunting?
University is serious business. However, if you notice there hasn't been a single day where I haven't built an actual case on someone. The definition of hunting often varies from player to player, my own is that cases count as hunting, as the targeted player often reacts to that.

why haven't you been prodding the other players for NOT hunting?
They have been hunting. Most of those that haven't been were replaced. Last day I pressured borno, which then caused him to hunt.

what is your opinion on borno specifically? why have you let him off so easily for mistaking noobtells for scumtells?
Could you provide an example where I did what you accuse me of in the bolded part?

The first part of the quoted text: my opinion on borno is affected by meta (explained below), for I have played with him before. If he lurks in the endgame (now), then that to me is scummy for he once lurked to victory as scum.

{Meta is how a player are expected to behave due to previous experience. Tiruin's meta is that she will make huge verbose posts and may be misunderstood due to that, Dariush's is that he will rage at the slightest provocation, etc}

Borno
Deathsword:
It is LyLo and you are a vanilla mafioso. There are two players who are both suspicion of you, as you were lurking most of the game. What do you say to divert their suspicion?
Instead of trying to come up with an excuse for lurking, I would instead find out something scummy one of those two players did, and, thus, try to convince the other one.
how do you plan to do this? show me please.
You would simply need to go through the thread, find out every single thing scummy made by one of the players and present that. If they had little interaction with the lynched scum (for one must have been lynched in a 3-player-lylo), then point that out as well.

Borno: why have you been lurking so hard ever since day 1? you were active and useful then, but haven't done much since. why haven't you taken the initiative since griffon pressured you back on day 1. why have you only asked shinigami a single question since he replaced in?
Shinigami_King:
How are you feeling about replacing into this game d3?
really? that's all you have to ask him? ever? not even a single RVS question?
{RVS questions are rarely asked to replacements. Instead the questions are about the players opinion on his/her predecessor's actions and what has happened so far}

This is getting too big, I'll make another post.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 07, 2013, 04:09:28 pm »

Deathsword- I am going to be honest. You look scummier to me than borno. I know that it was a long way back but first impressions stick. On day one the people that I observed to be the scummiest were you in number 1, and ranger and swordsmith tied for second. My opinions are different now because of how you acted over day 2 and day 3. However Lenglon is raising a good point and is bringing you to the center of my vision. My question for you is joining the game as an IC, what were you expecting from the greens, did they meat your expectations and as an IC what do you recommend we do? I'm curious if you plan to rally us and try to CONQUER ALL EVIL! or do you have a better plan?
I'd like to note that I was extremely sick D1, to the point where I asked to be replaced in all other mafia games I was in. But to answer your question: many of you are doing quite well and I recommend you stick around (those that replaced should at least join another BM (even if they join other games as well) so you can experience and learn how to deal with RVS), frankly I was expecting far less activity at the end of this game, where we are at now, as in BMs people tend to just vanish when the game hits this stage. No I will not become Glorious Leader and direct you to triumph. I will play as I normally do, build cases as I normally do. I am accustomed to be considered one of the most scummy players in the game, as that happens a lot.

Is there any other way to find scum other than ye olde scumhunting? No. Different people having different methods, but the result must be the same: finding scum.

Lenglon: Are you basing your scumhunting method on that of any other player (not necessarily in this game)? If so, who and why?

Also, do you have any other evidence on anyone other than accusations of not hunting and lurking?

Alsoalso, while I think borno is scummy, I do not believe his accusations against swordsmith were scummy. He built an actual good case on him (after some pressure from everyone).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 07, 2013, 05:01:51 pm »

Deeathsword- something that I find very interesting is that you actually defended practicaly every single person in your last post. It is as though you want to look neutral. You did not make any real movement of scum hunting either. The only thing you did along the lines of which is makeing a very week case against Lenglon. While you claim to scumhunt you have hardly done that. You also said that you are often scummy but that is just an easy excuse to make others dismiss any scummy actions you have (unless it's ovious.)

Also, if we are on MyLo as Deathsword said, if we don't Lynch anyone and let the mafia take one of us wouldn't we be in a better position. There would be a 1/3 chance of getting it right instead of a 1/4 chance of getting it right and we could really crack down and focus on the others. Just an idea.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24