Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Doom Council: Planatia Campaign.  (Read 5917 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doom Council: Planatia Campaign.
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 12:30:24 pm »

A few assorted questions and suggestions:
a) what sort of things could we make if we restart the manufactory? Local clothes? Weapons? Also an idea - set up the plant, and have a team of agents distribute some of the produce to the local poor. This would have the advantage of making the locals more friendly to the aforementioned team of agents (should prove cheaper than the 'people's support' type of advertising), at the obvious risk of increased publicity. (and probably suspicious individuals)
b) how much do we know about local religions? Are the churches (if any) powerful? If so, it might be worth devoting some teams to learn about them.
c) (a suggestion) how about sending a team of disguised agents with local weaponry (who've learnt the local language) to go to Hargo and try to learn about who any key figures in putting down the rebellions are. Next turn (or possibly in this one if they find out early), they could attempt to murder them, and frame the rebels. The side effects could include:
- an increased fear of the rebels amongst the upper classes
- increased support for the rebels among the peasents as they appear to be more powerful and capable (even better if the people near the top of the feudal pyramid attempt reprisals)
- increased rebel effectiveness due to less organised resistance
- all of which will intensify the on-going conflict
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 12:34:08 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 12:55:20 pm »

I feel like we should use the food shortages we shall be causing as a way to increase the rebellions and foster strife between the countries. Possibly by manipulating food distribution.
It's FEF, not FEOF

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 01:52:08 pm »

Take the manfucatory. Have the strike teams persuade the rebels to attack.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2013, 02:16:33 pm »

Actually I wont play here, as well I posted here after very picky reading of rules so without noticing that its multi character game. Sorry for messing up.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 02:31:47 pm »

You know, under the current rules, it is rather pointless to actually destroy planets. A much more viable thing to do would be to spread constant lies, misinformation and embellishment about the current state of affairs, so more people will flock to us and current people will be paying us fees while waiting for their turn (which will never come). We've got five planets subscribed? Let's instead say we've got five hundred. We destroyed zero planets? Let's say we destroyed fifty instead. Someone became distrustful and decided to check up on us? Tell them we're so good at destroying planets that we wipe them from history.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2013, 05:03:35 pm »

... Remind me to never sign a business deal with you.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2013, 05:05:44 pm »

huh
i find this rather apt, if the complete opposite.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2013, 03:52:57 am »

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I couldn't connect to the wifi. :P

Anyways, answering questions: 1. Anything you can make in a factory, really. You can make clothes or something of the sort to help disguise your actual mission.                     
                                                    2. There are a few churches scattered here and there. You can send agents to infiltrate them. Remember, religion is very powerful and influential in feudal countries.
                                                    3. When I meant destroy, I didn't mean "blow up" or burn everything, although they're perfectly allowed. I just meant to make conditions so bad that no-one would, or could move there. Basically something like making the economy extremely unstable or make the ecosystem completely infertile.

Anyways, I'll post the action post soon.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2013, 04:10:37 am »

*has idea*
How about we send some 'knights' under the order of a local noble to kill/imprison a local religious leader. The result should end up with either a lynched noble, or mobs with torches and pitchforks

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2013, 04:21:30 am »

Planatia Campaign Files

Turn 2: 3,200 (Manufactory + Upgrades) 1,043,800 Resources Left

Saboteur Julliah's Report:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Enginseer Orthax's Report:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2013, 04:33:34 am »

We need to persuade the church of slaughter to split and one half go with each side. the longer we keep the war going without a winner, the more harm it'll cause.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2013, 04:51:45 am »

Get the Learn Dialect upgrade.

We need to persuade the church of slaughter to split and one half go with each side. the longer we keep the war going without a winner, the more harm it'll cause.
And do this
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2013, 07:33:26 am »

And do this
Upgrade for who?
And which conflict? The Garvon/Dark Plains war or the Deep Striker rebellion

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2013, 07:40:09 am »

And do this
Upgrade for who?
And which conflict? The Garvon/Dark Plains war or the Deep Striker rebellion
The next group of agents and Garvon/Dark Plains war
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2013, 08:47:20 am »

Let's place a team of sabotage agents in Hargo with comm gear, noble disguises, dialect, and the people's support, with orders to incite a war against The Dark Plains (They're otherwise occupied, this is the perfect time to strike!).

Then spend 25,000 creating a Black Plague-esque disease.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4