Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Doom Council: Planatia Campaign.  (Read 5914 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Doom Council: Planatia Campaign.
« on: March 27, 2013, 07:14:47 pm »

"Greetings inferior lifeforms! I am the mainframe of the SS Essess, the spacecraft you are currently on! You have been chosen to be part of the Doom Council, one of the most secretive and prestigious cabals of psychopaths in this known galaxy! Excuse me, but I must attend to other, more important beings. Please read your new manual and await your comrades and instructions!"

Hello! If you are reading this, either you've downloaded this PDF or you've been elected to be part of the Doom Council! If you are ignorant of what the council does, please refer to the appropriate chapters of this manual!

The Council

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rules

Subscribed Planets

The game will start after the first 8 players decide which planet to campaign on and after they have posted their turns. The people after the first 8 will be on the waitlist and assign points along with me. Any amount of people can be on the waitlist. I'll post the Upgrade shop after the first campaign.

"Now, insignificant being, join in on the weird and wacky adventures of, BUM BADA BUM!

DOOM COUNCIL!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 09:31:47 pm by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: Doom Council!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 07:27:55 pm »

Planatia
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 07:31:37 pm »

Planatia
+1 Feudal world will be good warm up.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 07:18:40 pm »

Planatia Campaign Files

Major Continents:   Hargo (40% pop.)
                                 Garvon (20% pop.)
                                 The Dark Plains (30 pop.)
                                 The Sunken Continent (10% pop.)

Objective: Exterminate at least more than 80% of population. Any method acceptable.

Budget: 1,000,000 Resources Funding: 50,000 per turn

Weapons: 40 Space-based Turrets                      Staff: 2,000 Maintenance Crew
                   1 Boom Blaster (under construction)                      1,000 Conscripts
                                                                                                  500 Sabotage Agents

Planet Defense: Low                             Awareness: Ignorant
                            Medieval Weaponry
                            Limited Firearms
                            No Space-travel

Ecosocial Information: Agriculture Dependent
                                       No alliances
                                       Garvon at war with the Dark Plains
                                       Feudal Monarchy
                                       Multiple Rebel Uprisings in Hargo

Narrator's Note: Use the maintenance crew to construct weapon designs and virus strains. Use the conscripts for direct warfare, along with spatial artillery support. Use the sabotage teams to sabotage (obviously) the countries.

There is no time limit for this Campaign. After it is done, you will be awarded points. Use points to upgrade reconnaissance (for more detailed info on the planet), weaponry, or to advertise the Council to new potential planets.       

I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 07:30:31 pm »

Yeah that sounds good
It's FEF, not FEOF

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 07:33:01 pm »

send agets to infiltrate the hargo community to incite uprising as our other agents sabatoge (destory/poison) the local fields/food supply.
send another agent to advise the monarchy of Hargo that puny peasents are silly things who need to know their place!

this is atleast a general plan

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 08:03:23 pm »

When you make plans, please state the amount of agents you wish to send on a mission. I won't be able to know how and where to divide them. Also, you can spend extra resources to train the agents and give them gear and disguises. All teams have 5 Agents, 10 Conscripts or 15 Maintenance crew. These are only for this campaign though, so they are discarded after. Point shop upgrades last for ever.

Sabotage Upgrades: Comm Gear (500 resources per team) (Give direct orders to them on the field, enabling you to change plans without recalling your teams)
                                    Disguises (200 resources for civilian/ 400 for Upper-class/ 800 for noble/ additional 1000 for cloaking device)
                                    Learn Dialect (100 resources per team) (Enables the teams to learn the dialect, helps with fitting in and understanding notes)
                                    Weapon gear (200 resources per team) (Gives bombs, pistols, and poison vials) (Needs to be restocked at the end of turn)
                                    People's Support (800 resources per team) (Advertises the team, making them celebrities and making people more responsive to their suggestions) (Requires 200 additional funding to keep the charade going)

Narrator's note: You can unlock more upgrades when you gather intel, or when you purchase the upgrade unlock from the Point Shop.

Sabotage actions (Generic, not limited to these actions): Gather Intel (200 Resources)
                                                                                               Incite masses (400 resources)
                                                                                               Indoctrinate (200 for Word of Mouth/ 400 for Public Performance)
                                                                                               Sabotage Crucial Point (400 resources)
                                                                                               Pollute Water Source (200 resources)
                                                                                               Assassinate (600 resources/ Post your plans)
                                                                                               Incite war (2000 resources)

Dying of laughter?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 08:07:56 pm »

Let's cause mass famines by altering the climate by bombarding a small area on an ice pole for six months and setting off 2,500 resources worth of thermal bombs at various other areas, with four maintenance teams each paired with a conscript team (8 total teams). Give the conscript teams half-cost weapons upgrades. Even if there are a few sparse tribes of nomads, which I doubt, nobody's going to believe the survivors.

Stop the bombardment if anyone "civilized" is likely to discover it.

Have one team of agents sent to each country with civilian disguises and the dialect learned to gather intel, with orders to report back after six months.

Edit: How much does it cost to give a team high end weapons with the local technology, and does that need to be replaced every turn?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 08:28:33 pm by Nirur Torir »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 09:05:39 pm »

Planatia Campaign Files

Turn 1: 3,000 resources (2,500 Thermal Bombs/ 200 Dialect Training/ 200 Gather Intel/ 100 Half Cost Upgrades) 997,000 Resources Remaining

Saboteur Landeros' Report:

Suggested Actions: Purchase Manufactory HQ (1000 Base/ 1000 upgrades/ 200 start production)

Manufactory Upgrades: Armoury (500 resources)
                                          Satellite Connection (500 resources)
                                          Start Production (200 resources converted to weapons of your choosing)
                                          Hire workers (100 resources) (Hire workers from the towns to produce weapons, executing them if they find out too much)                         
                                          Conscript warriors (400 resources) (Hire the local warriors to protect the building and to "silence" intrusive locals)

Narrator's note: "High-end" weapons from the Planatian technology refers to muskets and medieval cannons. They cost 100 resources per team and they need replacing after two years (4 turns). The bombing can be started next round at your command.

Event: Pirates have ransacked the Resource shipments. This can be prevented from happening in the future by purchasing upgrades. Resource will come in next turn.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 10:49:57 pm by Cheesecake »
Dying of laughter?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Doom Council: Planatia Campaign.
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 11:25:55 pm »

The next three people will be in the council. After that, you will be considered a Watcher. You can give suggestions to the Council, but they won't be considered as actions. Each Watcher can give 600 points. After the end of a campaign, the Watchers can give objectives for the next campaign (such as finishing a campaign within 6 turns).

These objectives do not necessarily need to be completed, however, they will give you extra points or rewards depending on what the Watcher posted.
Dying of laughter?

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 04:31:26 am »

We could attempt arm both Deep Strikers and Dark Plains in some deadly weapons like easy to make chemical stuff for Deep Plains and granades and stuff to Deep Strikers.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 04:36:16 am »

((Institute a Shoe Event Horizon))

Or just carry on with Nirur Torir's plan.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 12:59:22 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 04:37:02 am »

Purchase Manufactory HQ because it sound important.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 04:38:55 am »

So I'm in the council, then?

I'd say we purchase and upgrade the base with the armoury and comms, as well as continuing with Nirur's plan outlined above.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2013, 04:39:39 am »

Purchase Manufactory HQ because it sound important.
This too.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext
Pages: [1] 2 3 4