Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Doom Council: Planatia Campaign.  (Read 5910 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Doom Council: Planatia Campaign.
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2013, 10:46:26 am »

How about a disease passed off as a heavenly curse? Drag as many groups in in as many ways as possible.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2013, 10:57:52 am »

No, you should have the disease have a long incubation period for about 2 years. This should give us enough time to weaken other political and military opponents giving us enough maneuvering room to make a new religion under the guise of a cure from our God.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2013, 11:02:54 am »

But we want destruction, not control. The influence this would give would be much easier to obtain by direct governmental sabotage.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2013, 11:11:36 am »

*has another idea*
Shortly after the 'knights' kill that high priest, there will inevitably be some sort of mass congregation where the other priests call the plebs to tell them about it and incite revenge. There will inevitably be talks of God's vengeance striking down the evil or some variation on that theme.
That's where we come in. A team of disguised, dialect-learned agents with comms. Gear can attend anything that seems like a mass uprising/congregation, and listen out for anything on the 'god is angry' theme, and call in a laser blast from above in the distance immediately after. This 'sign' should fanaticise the mobs even more than usual. Anarchy will ensue.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2013, 11:13:48 am »

ideally point the laser blast at a relevant target. But yes. very good idea.

Sigtext

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2013, 11:16:01 am »

Watching.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2013, 11:17:06 am »

PTWTP
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2013, 05:50:08 am »

Let's place a team of sabotage agents in Hargo with comm gear, noble disguises, dialect, and the people's support, with orders to incite a war against The Dark Plains (They're otherwise occupied, this is the perfect time to strike!).

Then spend 25,000 creating a Black Plague-esque disease.
No, send the agents to the Dark Plains and incite them to war with Hargo.
We want the populace of Hargo to be busy revolting, not united with the nobles against a common foe.
EDIT - Actually, using that logic, it might be better to not incite the war at all... So I'd say veto that plan (for now) but keep the Black-Plague-esque disease research. A plague could finally tip this over the brink
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 05:55:04 am by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2013, 05:55:01 am »

good point. We need to release the plaque at exactly the right time to get it to work for us, rather than against.

Sigtext

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2013, 10:42:16 pm »

Planatia Campaign Files

Turn 3: 27, 200 (Plague Research) (Noble disguises/ Comm gear/ Dialect/ Support)    1,066,600 resources Remaining

Apothecary Narloth's Report:
Spoiler: Report (click to show/hide)

Kommandant Saboteur Tellion's Report:
Spoiler: Report (click to show/hide)

Weaponseer Karghath: "My lieges, let me introduce you to the weapons armory. The SS Essess is outfitted with the most high tech lasers and bombs in the galaxy! Please, choose which one you shall use to fire when the Plague arrives:

• Big Badda Boom Laser (capable of leveling towns or small cities. 10,000 Resources/ Shot)
  • Bigger Badda Boom Laser (capable of reducing multiple cities or small countries to ashes. 20,000 Resources/Shot)
  • Blast Bomb (equivalent to a small nuclear bomb. 5,000 Resources/ Bombing run)
  • Refuse eject (for the poorest of cheapskates, throws all of the trash in the ship towards a single area. Minimal damage, inaccurate. 5,000 Resources/ Shot)
[li]
[/li][/list]

"Of course, you may choose more than one, and they need not be fired all at once..."
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2013, 01:56:41 pm »

Up the plague funding by about 100k resources. Also send three four conscript teams down to some inconsequentially small village in the middle of nowhere, to kidnap everyone (and I mean everyone, we must leave no witnesses) in it for testing, with a maintinance team coming in afterwards to remove all traces of the raid, just in case some trader or whatever stops by.
Once the time is right, the plague has been unleashed, and the priest has been assassinated, Four Blast Bombs will be ready to fire at the signals from the four agents at the religious gatherings, to be fired just off in the distance (and preferably on top of lords' estates).
Oh, and make sure that the plague can be fairly easily modified to infect other groups of humans.
JUST FOR FUN: (only do if multiple others vote for it)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2013, 01:59:12 pm »

I'd say big laser rather than blast bomb - more of a from heaven effect.
For removing all trace we could just make everyone dissapear. Add to gods wrath.

Sigtext

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2013, 02:09:12 pm »

I'd say big laser rather than blast bomb - more of a from heaven effect.
For removing all trace we could just make everyone dissapear. Add to gods wrath.
The laser might be too destructive, though.... Nah. No such thing. BBBLaser it is.
And we are making everybody in the village disappear. The removal of evidence afterwoulds would, as well as making us pretty undetectable, also add to the 'God's wrath' theme - they disappear without a trace of the kidnapping.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2013, 04:29:53 pm »

Ah, sorry, for some reason thought you meant attempting to hide the kidnappings. now realise that kinda isn't feasible anyway. *facepalm*

Sigtext

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2013, 04:54:03 pm »

No, don't be silly. Convincing someone that their relatives never existed is totally feasible. ;)
(we have to try that some time)
Anyway, perhaps we should have our team of agents in The Dark Plains (keep the charade going, naturally) incite war with The Sunken Continent. As history has shown, fighting a war on three fronts has never worked.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4