Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199861 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - The Storm Breaks
« Reply #1470 on: June 04, 2013, 12:00:50 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Snuff Captain Ford Green: Dariush, Ottofar, webadict, Solifuge, Toaster
Snuff Nerjin Green: Dariush, webadict, Solifuge, Tiruin, Toaster
Snuff Nerjin White: Nerjin
Light notquitethere Green: notquitethere
Snuff Ottofar White: Nerjin, notquitethere
Light Remuthra White: Captain Ford, Captain Ford
Snuff Tiruin Green: Ottofar

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday. There are 2 votes to Shorten the day. 6 total needed to Shorten to ~5pm Pacific Today.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: June 04, 2013, 12:15:45 pm »

PFP

Guess why we're voting for Nerjin's Green, huh. But I see your point--if they..somehow can affect stuff by just being alive, then that's real weird.
Why is this weird? The mafiakill is a standard part of mafia.

The town can change two candles. The scum can change two candles. My assumption from the beginning has been that the ability to change candles is equivalent to a mafiakill and has nothing to do with green candles.

I mean, if it were tied to green candles, that would mean that we could safely cross off anyone who doesn't have a green candle lit, and that just seems wrong. (I have no evidence to support this, it's just a gut feeling)

The mafiakill is such a staple of mafia games that it seems more strange to tie scum abilities to candles that it does not to.

Ottofar is a Priest of the God of Light and Creation. He used to be able to light candles in the night, and gained the power to make his candle unsnuffable (possibly only once per game?). However, his green was permasnuffed, which prevents Scum from lighting candles anymore.
What? No. No, that makes no sense. The first candle blew up on a night when his green candle was still lit. I'm damn sure that the ability to light a candle morphed into a power that blows up candles. (100% certain. I WOULD stake my life on that)

And if his green was necessary for lighting candles, then who lit his green on night 3? He couldn't have lit it himself.

This is so full of holes it's ridiculous. You seem to be trying to tie it to his god claim, but there's no reason to think he's a priest of light posing as an Avos worshipper. It's FAR more likely Ottofar was the one who was hiding candles.

Nerjin is a Priest of the God of Darkness and Destruction. His power allowed him to Snuff candles, which was upgraded to remove wicks and permasnuff them. He may have had a less obvious Day Power as well, possibly one that hasn't been used.
I don't have any reason to doubt this, actually.

Your point about there being three of them was a really good one. I'd forgotten about that flavor until you pointed it out. I didn't remember it as being that specific.

I don't know what to make of Nerjin's claim. He is definitely lying. His defeatist attitude is genuine, I think.

What I don't get is why Ottofar and Nerjin are so defeatist when we appear to be on the verge of losing.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: June 04, 2013, 12:27:40 pm »

Here let me tell you EVERYTHING I've done. EVERYTHING! I'm tired of this game and I want it gone.

I'm a worshiper of Light! The first ability set I could light a candle at night.

Second ability set I could make one candle unlynchable.

Third ability set my vote counts for two votes as long as town is voting with me.

I was the one who kept Ottofar alive and made his candle unlynchable. Today I'm voting myself and Ottofar's white. It's unlikely that I'll use my ability though as none of y'all are voting for me.

My defeatist attitude is probably from the fact that I have CONFIRMATION that I cannot win. There's no way out. I'm not sure if Town has won I'll admit but I know Scum have lost. There's some puzzle that I can't figure out but y'know that's apparently a thing with bastard games in general. Sometimes you just plain don't get it in time. The crazy thing is that we could snuff a candle and light a candle at first. The town could EASILY make everything we did at night go away. I light Ford's teal and Otto snuffs Ford's white? Simple fix is town relights Ford's white and the other towny from yesterday. HOW DO WE COMBAT THAT!?

We had a mafia kill yes. That's very true BUT guess what? If town can negate what we do we might as well just not do anything! The best we could have done was a stale-mate. Then we got to the point where candles stopped being re-lightable. Scum paradise right? WRONG. It just means that we finally had an ability to do something except... Now we've been told for a fact that this is the last day. WHAT CAN WE DO!? We're apparently supposed to eliminate all the town greens. The two of us. With perfect play there'd still be town greens stuck around.

So you know what? Ask anything I'll answer 100% honest. Whether you trust me or not... That's up to you. Normally I'd say don't trust me but since I can't win I don't see any reason to lie about anything. As for Ottofar's stuff... You'll have to ask him. I'm down and out but I'm not gonna step on any toes. So go ahead shorten or don't, snuff me or don't, do whatever. My team's lost.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: June 04, 2013, 12:50:47 pm »

Seems legit. Snuff Nerjin White

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: June 04, 2013, 12:51:38 pm »

(if that wasn't clear-- unvote all, snuff Nerjin and Ottofar White)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: June 04, 2013, 12:53:38 pm »

And after this someone dares to ask why I hate this avatar of idiocy?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: June 04, 2013, 12:54:38 pm »

NQT, what the crap are you doing?!

Don't waste a vote on White candles, those are pointless. We already know that we need to kill the Scum's Green Candles to beat them. Also, please ignore Nerjin... I personally don't even read his posts anymore.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: June 04, 2013, 12:59:23 pm »

PFP

Eh, on second thought, getting a response from Ford (I anticipate him trying to get us to vote for Dariush) will take too long. Might not even happen before the end of the game, since it's been days since he even logged in.
Apologies. I was busier than expected yesterday. (But it was worth it)

Dariush is definitively town. I've never gone out of my way to say it, of course, but he's the only one who claimed Andoras and his ability fits with his claim perfectly. He's just beyond suspicion, in my opinion.

Actually, they're aware of how we'll view them being blatant scum, and are trying to lure us into a false sense of security and bring on the end of the game, because we aren't lynching the 3rd Priest.
They both seem genuinely depressed and defeated.

We only have two votes, and this is the last day. I can't see any way to win except by lynching them both right now. Snuffing my green is only going to change the way I vote. I mean, my ability's confirmed. It's been confirmed twice this game. I can't imagine why you think snuffing it will help you out.

Toaster - Town.
Nerjin - Scum?
notquitethere - Dunno. Much quieter than normal, but his oddball decisions don't seem consistent with being scum. His reasoning and motivations though ... I think he's town.
Vector - Town? (I really want to question her. She lied about how her inspect works, and nothing she claimed has ever been confirmable)
Dariush - Town.
Tiruin - I feel pretty confident that Tiruin is town.
Solifuge - Doesn't matter. At the end of the day he goes back to being dead and powerless.
Webadict - Town.
Onyxjew944 - I feel fairly confident that he's town.
Ottofar - Scum?

Snuff Ottofar White
Snuff Nerjin White

I think this game is a lot more straightforward than we give it credit for.

PPE: Nerjin

Hold that thought. Unvote All

Okay, you fuckers, I AM right. THERE IS A DOOMSPEAKER, and he's NOT related to the scum.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: June 04, 2013, 01:04:11 pm »

PFP
Because yesterday we could use Three votes each.

Again I'd point out that the constant rule changes are bothersome.
The three votes were granted by ZU, he said as much in his roleclaim. So of course we don't have three votes anymore, because his green was snuffed AND we offed him yesterday.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: June 04, 2013, 01:07:44 pm »

Don't waste a vote on White candles, those are pointless. We already know that we need to kill the Scum's Green Candles to beat them. Also, please ignore Nerjin... I personally don't even read his posts anymore.
Where was that established? There are 99 pages of this game and most of them are noise.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: June 04, 2013, 01:10:17 pm »

Nerjin - Scum?
Ottofar - Scum?

PPE: Nerjin

Hold that thought. Unvote All

Okay, you fuckers, I AM right. THERE IS A DOOMSPEAKER, and he's NOT related to the scum.

Hahaha! You're funny Ford. What the hell are you doing!? CONFIRMED SCUM! I've outted myself! I'm scum! What do I gain by lying about that?

Fuck you asshole. I can understand the not trusting me but you don't have to be a dick about it.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: June 04, 2013, 01:10:50 pm »

Where was that established? There are 99 pages of this game and most of them are noise.

No you pretty much have to. Or at least that's what I glean from the whole issue.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: June 04, 2013, 01:11:26 pm »

PPE: That being said I would think snuffing our whites would accomplish much the same goal.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: June 04, 2013, 01:11:26 pm »

Nerjin, if you want us (or at least me) to believe you, vote to snuff your and Ottofar's green. Otherwise you can continue screaming into space.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: June 04, 2013, 01:14:43 pm »

Unvote Nerjin White

Snuff NerjinGreen

I'm pretty sure Otto's is already gone... But I'll check. If it's not snuffed I'll vote to snuff it here in a moment.

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 108