Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 218161 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 4: Day Of The Living Alive
« Reply #1200 on: May 10, 2013, 12:48:01 am »

NQT + Toaster: Can you confirm the lover picks from tolyk?

Well, that was an interesting claim... The mass death thing scares me...

Tolyk/Toaster: I can understand poisoning her but i want to know your motives behind it.

I have something to pass by everyone. I was thinking over Hapah's flip of Alchemist and it got me thinking that maybe Tolyk and Hapah are both scum and decided to masquarade Tolyk as the alchemist... But this just borders on WIFOM feel free to ignore it.

I'll have plenty of time for questions over the weekend but right now, i'm going to just go passive for the rest of the RL night. My brain doesn't want to work out mysterys right now. Night all!
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: May 10, 2013, 01:13:18 am »

Griff: you say this, yet you have yet to claim yourself. Why? and why does my element matter exactly?
Your element is useful as your abilities will most likely be based around it: if they're not, we know you are lying.

My reason for not claiming will be obvious in a bit, I needed conformation from Webadict that I had used my one-shot.

-Claim-
I am a Dreamwalker.
I would share my backstory (some of what I've learned is REALLY interesting), but I've been asleep and dreaming for so long I don't know anything about myself.  At least my dreams are interesting.
I have four abilities one one-shot and three automatic abilities:

(Auto) I was not allowed to explicitly state ANY information I gathered due to my abilities, or any information about my abilities on pain of mod-kill.  There were a couple simi-close calls, but I don't recall having to resort to lying outright... If you've any questions though about certain claims I shrugged off, let me know and I can be more complete now.

(Night; Auto) Each night I walked through other peoples dreams at night so I could see I see some of what the other players were doing that night, or in some cases what was happening to them.  Almost all of the actions were claimed after N1, so the information wasn't really that useful.

(1-Shot) I revoke my above abilities for the ability to claim information.  I used this, and will not be getting more nightly information.

(Auto) I am your resident medium.  Tiruin, I'm sorry, but people who were mod-killed were removed from the game and so are not in the dead chat; Ford has been EXTREMELY prolific though.  I owe him a deal for pointing out several things I would have totally missed.  So yeah: if you've any questions for Ford, ZU or Sheep ask away and I can relay you their answers; Ford is the only one who has posted most regularly though.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: May 10, 2013, 01:27:49 am »

Because the lover thing ADDS A BROTHER WIN CONDITION to both lovers, i.e. both me and Toaster win when either of us win. That means that we do full cooperation. We are both town. If either one were scum (esp. the last remaining one), he would just go win with killing the last scum (himself).
Or someone felt that a scum win is more likely and the other was convinced to help, or as Ranger pointed out you are both scum.  There is also the possibility that one of you is an SK and the other is Scum.

My vote remains.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: May 10, 2013, 05:34:57 am »

I can confirm that Toaster and TolyK are the lovers. I picked the two people who seemed in their posts to take the claim least seriously (Toaster threatened me with a wedgie and TolyK scoffed something about tooth fairies). This should surprise no one who was paying attention: seeing their behavior to one another, especially in the last day, it is obvious that they're the two.

I had my doubts about the poison claim, as I considered it a convenient way to blackmail me into not revealing the lovers.

Griff's claims are interesting but unfortunately unconfirmable. All the night actions are things that people have claimed in-thread or solely involve the dead. As for medium thing, of course Ford would the the most active dead person- this won't swing it for me entirely but I want you to ask Ford a question: what accent does he have?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: May 10, 2013, 06:09:31 am »

PFP

Griff: Ask TWS Why he voted himself. As for further explanations on the TWS-TolyK dispute? TWS stated he learned things from the BM and acted on it--that far you guys got from my continuous mention of him--thing is, he acted on my advice. Something that brings me shame on how I taught the others because...well, you can see my stance on it; shame due to how scumhunting is done, and on grounds of self-esteem, a great wrong to those who had listened to me as an IC in the BM before. Yeah, I was scum then, but everything in the {} was true and unbiased...

Alright, I am a Mercurial Magician.
Using psuedonymical names for now, just in case.

(Night) Poison: Poison somebody, they die at end of day. Poison fades if I die...
(Day) Antidote [target]: Free action, can be used multiple times per phase. If the target's poisoned, they get an extra day.
(1-Shot) Nuke!: If 3 living folks are poisoned, I can kill everyone (except protections, kill immunity, etc.). I can do this during day, though.

Don't worry about the third ability, I hopefully won't "have" to use it. :P

D1: Lover'd to Toaster by NQT.
N1: Poison NQT
D2: Antidote on NQT, Toaster, TolyK
N2: Poison TWS
D3: Antidote on NQT, Toaster (can't self-target derp)
N3: Poison Tiruin

There's a reason I asked this question:
While re-reading I suddenly realized a question I wanted to ask NQT:
Do you know if your lover thing changes peoples' wincons?
Because the lover thing ADDS A BROTHER WIN CONDITION to both lovers, i.e. both me and Toaster win when either of us win. That means that we do full cooperation. We are both town. If either one were scum (esp. the last remaining one), he would just go win with killing the last scum (himself). But we're not.

I also have an interesting hypothesis.
If somebody resets NQT's one-shot, then he can lover the last scum with a townie, then we kill the scum and he/she wins.

I will be away until sometime Saturday, sorry for rash posts before, but I had a hectic before-May 9th (Victory day) holiday-week.

But note that Tiruin's poisoned. Any questions should go to Toaster for now, unless you're willing to wait for my return.

Extend
TolyK: Note for any future games. I really dislike your evasiveness. You don't bother to answer my questions, at all and until prodded.

Toaster: If TolyK's your lover...in the obvious Mafia-esque way, why didn't you bother doing anything on him before?

TolyK: How do you even know that Toaster is town? Reverse the statement to Toaster.

Next, Nuke? When do you plan to use that?

I can confirm that Toaster and TolyK are the lovers. I picked the two people who seemed in their posts to take the claim least seriously (Toaster threatened me with a wedgie and TolyK scoffed something about tooth fairies). This should surprise no one who was paying attention: seeing their behavior to one another, especially in the last day, it is obvious that they're the two.
>_>

NQT. This is the worst reason I've ever seen given the idea of who to give it from, but seeing the context--it makes sense. You stated you want reactions...and you judge reactions by what?

How did you judge those reactions on a town-factor?

Griff: ...The funny thing is, all scum have died via modkill. We only have townies--what do they say regarding the living? Why are you being threatened of a modkill anyway?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: May 10, 2013, 06:35:08 am »

Tiruin, there were several reasons I chose the least serious respondents to my Lover claim: I didn't want them to continue to pour doubt on my my claim after I'd made my lover's pick; I couldn't read whether making light of it was a scum or town tell and so I picked the people who, Day 1, I'd least mind if they died.

Are you going to tell us who you supposedly targeted with your rejuvenation power on each of the nights?

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: May 10, 2013, 06:41:10 am »

You do realize the dead read this thread more often than the deadchat, and you can just act them directly right?

NQT:
All the night actions are things that people have claimed in-thread or solely involve the dead.

True; however you can see that I tried press ZU about soldier as bet I could without claiming a read; his reluctance to let us know that he had investigated soldier was a part of why I felt his game was scummy.  I was also TRYING to press Zrk2 on vector, problem was they were already linked backwards and I couldn't really reverse the thought.

Tiruin:
Griff: ...The funny thing is, all scum have died via modkill. We only have townies--what do they say regarding the living? Why are you being threatened of a modkill anyway?
Well, ZU and Sheep have said very little. 

Sheep's one post was
Quote from: TheWetSheep
Well. Sorry about that. Ha, the flavour basically sums up what I was thinking at that point. I was pretty confused.

ZU has been around longer but posts very sporadically.  His most recent post was to point out the flaws inherent in my ploy last night; which was attempting to get TolyK, whether he was scum or not, to antidote everyone to avoid "I was redirected".

Ford... I'll admit has been helping my game a LOT, letting me bounce reads off him, and pointing out some of the things I should be noticing in the thread.  He is currently waiting for the mass claim to end to update his reads, but would like me to note that Hapah was an ALEchemist, not an ALchemist.

As for the modkill threat, a part or my ability was that I wasn't allowed to say anything about it while the powers were active; hence why I've avoided almost all role-claims.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: May 10, 2013, 06:52:43 am »

Griff, I want you to ask Ford what his accent is and then tell us in thread. Everything you're saying is plausible (especially about Ford noticing Alechemist, something I picked up--- a beer mage!), but I want you to tell us something only Ford and I know the answer to but I assume you do not. Ford, if you're reading this, tell Griff what your accent is, how you say 'roof'. If he asks you this outside of deadchat (in a PM or whatever) then lie to him.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: May 10, 2013, 07:24:36 am »

He is currently waiting for the mass claim to end to update his reads, but would like me to note that Hapah was an ALEchemist, not an ALchemist.
...Darn. I didn't notice that either XD

As for the modkill threat, a part or my ability was that I wasn't allowed to say anything about it while the powers were active; hence why I've avoided almost all role-claims.
Um. That's an auto you've got...
Anyway, wouldn't help much. I'm actually wondering what Ford has said about us all--from observation, he's usually the most eloquent and energetic in those chats. That's a compliment, and miss his logic...

Though I'd really love to know why he did what he did during D1 :/

Griff, I want you to ask Ford what his accent is and then tell us in thread. Everything you're saying is plausible (especially about Ford noticing Alechemist, something I picked up--- a beer mage!), but I want you to tell us something only Ford and I know the answer to but I assume you do not. Ford, if you're reading this, tell Griff what your accent is, how you say 'roof'. If he asks you this outside of deadchat (in a PM or whatever) then lie to him.
Oh. I get it...That one accent filled chat wherein everything is...right.

>_>

This is one weird way to follow up that claim. Anywhoo
Tiruin, there were several reasons I chose the least serious respondents to my Lover claim: I didn't want them to continue to pour doubt on my my claim after I'd made my lover's pick; I couldn't read whether making light of it was a scum or town tell and so I picked the people who, Day 1, I'd least mind if they died.

Are you going to tell us who you supposedly targeted with your rejuvenation power on each of the nights?
You know its all in the formatting, right. And the person's personality, right? That claim back there, while it did work and I get its basis, isn't...err, how you say 'sturdy' in its reasoning. So if people act like its nothing (ie least serious), then they're townish, right?

Oh boy do I want to introduce you to Leafsnail...

Anyway, really? You really did that. Seriousness. Uh huh.

...I told you I targeted Griffy N1, Hapah N2 -Oneshot, N3-back to Griffy.

Why you so interested?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: May 10, 2013, 08:50:10 am »

Tiruin
So if people act like its nothing (ie least serious), then they're townish, right?
Oh no quite the opposite. I considered making light of a town claim to be a scum tell. I wanted to put the most dangerous players in the most precarious position. I was acting deceptively when I claimed earlier to have picked the lovers based on their towniness. My reads have become clearer since then.

I targeted Griffy N1, Hapah N2 -Oneshot, N3-back to Griffy.

Why you so interested?
I don't want anyone to lie about their targeting after I claim who I redirected. The clearer picture we have of what's went on each night the better.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: May 10, 2013, 12:25:19 pm »

I just thought of a way to confirm whether Griff is telling the truth about talking to the dead. (for me atleast)

Hey Ford! Tell Griff why you disagree with both political parties, and by extension, Griff tell us what he said. (this will make sense later)

Since i was asked to go into more detail about my full claim, here goes.
My role is an Enigma of the Shadows (obvious alias)

Ability 1: One-Shot night redirect that redirects everything taken against one target to the other, and vice-versa

Ability 2: One-Shot day inspect on a player of my choosing.

Ability 3: Odd Two-Shot (Auto). -It has two seperate of working, each only working once. It can makes any player (myself included) completely immune to harmful actions taken against them during the Day. (this includes lynching)
-The other works only on myself and redirects any hostile ability to a random player. (they can still hit me)
-Either will activate on myself if their conditions are met.
Day 1- took no actions

Night 1- took no actions

Day 2- Day inspected NQT

Night 2- Used redirect on NQT and Vector

Day 3- Made Tolyk invincible around mid day to any hostile actions.

Night 3- took no actions.
That is my full claim, I have only one ability left which is the reason i told Tolyk not to poison me. Any questions?
[/quote]

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: May 10, 2013, 01:12:15 pm »

NQT:
I want you to ask Ford a question: what accent does he have?
Quote from: Captain Ford
Oh, how cute. I have a wisconsin accent, and I pronounce roof as "ruf".

The conversation where I told him this happened in the Roguelike 6 dead chat, if he needs further confirmation. Message #73 is the one where I said the above.

Ford, if you're reading this, tell Griff what your accent is, how you say 'roof'. If he asks you this outside of deadchat (in a PM or whatever) then lie to him.
It's very much like NQT to worry about "if he sends you a PM asking about it".

Question for you from Ford: how did you think either "LFK" or "HB" translated to the name of the ability you used last night?

Tiruin:
Um. That's an auto you've got...
Yep, one that could have killed me; I was a bit paranoid about saying anything I learned from my powers.

I'm actually wondering what Ford has said about us all--from observation, he's usually the most eloquent and energetic in those chats. That's a compliment, and miss his logic...

Though I'd really love to know why he did what he did during D1 :/
Well we had pretty much pieced together Toaster/TolyK by the start of last night, though I at least had thought Vector was the lover for the longest time (due to her voting for NQT during the phase where he said a lover was voting for him; turns out he was referring to toaster though).  We seemed to agree that Ranger's claim that he was lying was a town tell; and by now we're both pretty convinced he's town.  We've been back and forth on our reads for almost everyone else; and like I said I think he's waiting for the rest of the role-claims: or at least he's not told me otherwise.

Quote from: Captian Ford
Aww...that's sweet of you to say, Tiruin.

"Though I'd really love to know why he did what he did during D1 :/" - Oh, err...I was burned out from KotM3, mostly. You can see it in Hapah around the same time, too. Life's also pretty busy for me, and I just didn't have the focus.

Also, Hapah was lurky scum. Zrk2 was impenetrable scum (I swear he actually looks more town when he's playing scum), and ... well, stuff.

I had no clue who to go after because everybody looked town. I just didn't have the time or energy to dig deeper.

Ranger:
Yes actually: does your back-story mention anyone else?

Hey Ford! Tell Griff why you disagree with both political parties, and by extension, Griff tell us what he said. (this will make sense later)
I don't remember that conversation clearly ... I'm in an odd place politically, and there's a lot of things I might have said.

WAIT! I remember. Hollywood. I don't like democrats because they support Hollywood and DRM. I don't like republicans because I'm pro-choice. Or something. I forget exactly.

I personally believe we should create a computerized system that allows us as citizens to have as much granularity with our votes as we desire, allowing us to say, weigh-in on a particular bill, or to just cede our votes to someone we trust.

I also believe that it's a terrible idea to let the public have a say in most of the government, because unless you have enough time to fully understand all sides of an issue, you're not going to be able to come up with a good solution.

...government is hard.

Ford's Role-Claim:
Ford was a Joymancer

He had three abilities:
An auto ability that allowed NQT to vote while he was alive.
A night roleblock that only prevented "offensive actions"
And thirdly a night action that allowed him to gift an one-shot to another player.

From the flavor in my role PM:
- I held "the ball of fire" in my hands, and altered it. But it was too easy, and I didn't care for it. (It might be the mathemagem? But that's a long shot)
- I have a "brother", who was in the care of "Commander Dodge"
- I had a "guardian", who did not get along with "Commander Dodge"
- I used my magic to make my brother happy, although my guardian didn't approve.
- My "brother" died, and I ran away.
- By chance, I ran into NQT, and used my magic to cheer him up, too.

I wonder if there's a shared narrative between all the players.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: May 10, 2013, 01:15:51 pm »

And of course I post right before Ford gives me this:

My roleclaim, let's see...

I'm a joy wizard. If someone wants to emulate my role, that's fine, because I'm the most pro-town role ever.

There was a LOT of flavor in my role. Unsurprisingly, NQT played a prominent part in it. He was depressed and I cheered him up.

Specifically, here's how things go (paraphrased):

Quote from: Backstory
I held a ball of fire in my hands, and was able to manipulate it, but found it too easy.

I tried to cheer up my brother, but my "guardian" didn't like my brother or "Commander Dodge", who I'm guessing what my "brother"'s parent/guardian or whatever. When my brother died, I ran away from home.

I ran into notquitethere, who was sulking and reminded me of my brother. So I used my magic to cheer him up.

Ignorance Is Bliss (Auto): NQT is unable to vote. Unless I'm alive, that is. I was also not allowed to tell NQT about this. (This ability was so confusingly phrased, I thought it meant that NQT couldn't vote as long as I was alive, unless I allowed him to. I went back-and-forth with Web over it for quite a while, until I had this flash of insight and realized that it worked exactly the opposite of the way I thought it did. Needless to say, I was a little annoyed. Not that it really mattered, since by the time I figured it out, I was already dead, and I wasn't allowed to talk about it anyway)

Ensorcel (Night): I fill a target with joy, preventing them from taking harmful action. It's a roleblock that ONLY stops harmful actions. Awesome. Too bad I never got to use it.

Gift (Night): I give a gift to one or two people, giving them each a random action.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: May 10, 2013, 01:45:30 pm »

And ZU has given me his role-claim as well.

Quote from: Zombie Urist
I am a anthramancer. (Coal Summoner)
Never had a backstory.

I have (Naughty or Nice) -> Send a letter to Santa asking about a player. He responds Naughty or Nice. NOTE THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS Town/Scum
(Artifical Diamond) -> Summon a piece of coal and make it into a diamond. This takes one turn during which I can do nothing. Then I give it to someone else and it grants some cool power. Dunno the specifics.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: May 10, 2013, 02:11:41 pm »

I'll have a full post up in 3 hours. School is a bummer. Just as a side note, I believe Griff now.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 93