Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217898 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 3: Bacon And Begging
« Reply #855 on: April 24, 2013, 10:34:59 pm »

Bah.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: April 24, 2013, 10:55:00 pm »

...So lets see if i can wrap my head around all the actions that are so far confirmed:
Day 1: NQT puts lovers on 2 players who have also gained a chat. (later claimed they were both who he thought were town) We lynch Ford who shows up town (Ford's lynch also prevents NQT from voting).

Night 1: No kill takes place but Tolyk claims to have poisoned NQT. (one maybe two blocked kills (if SK had a kill)

Day 2: I day inspect NQT and find him town as well as craft a lie to confirm some of his abilities. (possible tampering) Hapah claims truth inspect on Toaster saying he's town. Web mod kills Zrk(mafia), UI(SK), and Soldier(town). We lynch ZU who flips town.

Night 2: Tolyk gives NQT an antidote and the kill(s) are blocked once again.
We're down to 9 players and i suspect atleast 2 more scum. If no extra kills happen and NKs begin showing up, we have 3 more days.

More in a bit, i have some digging to do. (will be around for the next 2-3 hours)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: April 25, 2013, 12:02:02 am »

PFP

TWS: Hammer much? Why ask ZU if he's a jester, then vote him?

Weelllll~ this was where my thoughts on what she did as compared to targeting Zrk, went.
Could you explain what this post meant to you, and why it cleared her of suspicion of targeting Zrk?  I'm trying to work out how you logic through such things.
A conjunction on whether or not Vector lied - there was no evidence back then but her word, or Ranger's word - so I went with the simplest solution. Believe the Vector.

At the moment I can't remember anything of the bolded part...did it clear her suspicion of targeting Zrk?

Webadict:

Vector has her Mathamagem, which you stole btw, back now.  Why are you so anxious to get a lynch when the case is resolved?
This ain't no bastard mafia, sir. Why you be votin Web?

NQT
The good news is, no one was lynched again! The bad news is, I must have been possessed, for I am a vegetarian and bacon is anathema.
Wat.

So what have we learned? Either there are only third parties without kills left to defeat in the game, scum didn't use their scumkill or scum were prevented somehow in making the kill. The last option seems the most likely. This means that someone actively blocked, delayed or protected someone (possibly themselves) last night. If we can identify a list of blocked (etc.) persons, then we have a good chance at identifying the scum.
Settling on conclusion now, are we? Though this does get the idea of...

Everyone: Massclaim sounds reasonable given this case? I'd be against it though [too early among most other things], just curious what others would think.

I'll start: I could have been targeted by one of the lovers last night, but it seems hardly likely given how unsuccessful a course of action that would have appeared to them to be.
...But you said you were immune to any NK by lovers, right?

...So lets see if i can wrap my head around all the actions that are so far confirmed:
Day 1: NQT puts lovers on 2 players who have also gained a chat. (later claimed they were both who he thought were town) We lynch Ford who shows up town (Ford's lynch also prevents NQT from voting).

Night 1: No kill takes place but Tolyk claims to have poisoned NQT. (one maybe two blocked kills (if SK had a kill)

Day 2: I day inspect NQT and find him town as well as craft a lie to confirm some of his abilities. (possible tampering) Hapah claims truth inspect on Toaster saying he's town. Web mod kills Zrk(mafia), UI(SK), and Soldier(town). We lynch ZU who flips town.

We're down to 9 players and i suspect atleast 2 more scum. If no extra kills happen and NKs begin showing up, we have 3 more days.

More in a bit, i have some digging to do. (will be around for the next 2-3 hours)
@N2: Blocked, of all things? Why the at least part? Extra kills?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: April 25, 2013, 12:15:29 am »

Tiruin: Blocked or not executed. And the atleast is just based on number of players, but i don't want to fully commit to this until more information is revealed.
[/quote]

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: April 25, 2013, 12:25:38 am »

Forget 2 hours, i'm going to bed. Just remembered how packed tomorrow is for me. I'll post when i can but don't expect much from me for thursday.
[/quote]

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: April 25, 2013, 02:01:33 am »

TolyK:
I assume the fact that NQT is still alive means you antidoted him?

Thinking about the ability pair you have (poison and antidote) would you consider yourself a vigilante type of role?  Does your antidote allow you to multi-target or did you decide not to target again last night?
Basically, yes. It's probably better than a vigilante in that I can save folks if I want to.
I can multi-target, yes.

Seems fairly reasonable...
The problem is, I'm 80% sure the scum have an arsonist or something like that. Fire mage + alcohol mage perchance? :P

And I would also like to inform that TheWetSheep is now under my suspicion.
The best part was "I really hope you're a jester..." when he really should've been saying "I really hope you're scum" :P
Why that, TWS? No time for others to think? Meh.

I have my action to claim today, but it would be silly, likely.

Apart from that, did Anyone action me last night? Kinda curious...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: April 25, 2013, 05:11:08 am »

Griff and Tiruin
I was making a joke about Wuba's end-of-night description. I haven't eaten bacon in about fifteen years, and yet:
"Can I at least have bacon?" asks notquitethere.

Just Griff
Perhaps tomorrow will bring us more helpful insights.
So it was one of your abilities that provided that information?
I've got a bit more information about my role and something else I learned last night. I'm going to wait until everyone has said their piece first. It's not groundbreaking, but I don't want to monopolise all the discussion and distract from other people's investigations.

Just Tiruin
Settling on conclusion now, are we? Though this does get the idea of...

Everyone: Massclaim sounds reasonable given this case? I'd be against it though [too early among most other things], just curious what others would think.
I think players should have a good think about whether the information they've received could better help us nail scum if publicly shared. Mass claim isn't necessarily in town's interest when it helps scum hide and craft their lies better.

But you said you were immune to any NK by lovers, right?
That's exactly what I'm saying. I'm immune to lover NK, there was no NK, once again raising the possibility of a lover attack in the night. I was saying that despite the possibility, I don't actually think it that likely.

Did you get any message in the night?

Griff, Sheep, Vector, did you take an action in the night? I'm not asking for what it was, I just want to know if you took one.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: April 25, 2013, 05:28:37 am »

PFP
...No?

Why?

Also...it would be very weird for someone to attack you of all people - if that someone is a lover, take note - when you did say 'Trap set, hit me lover, you won't touch my heart.' Or something along that line.

What do you think about the past days though, I'm pretty curious as you seem to be redeflecting to your lover'type theory.

Also, why are you asking about if people took night actions, and yet for me - if I received any message?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: April 25, 2013, 06:03:53 am »

Tiruin
...No?

[1]Why?

[2]Also...it would be very weird for someone to attack you of all people - if that someone is a lover, take note - when you did say 'Trap set, hit me lover, you won't touch my heart.' Or something along that line.

[3]What do you think about the past days though, I'm pretty curious as you seem to be redeflecting to your lover'type theory.

[4]Also, why are you asking about if people took night actions, and yet for me - if I received any message?
  • I'm trying to make sense of some things. I'll explain more after everyone else has replied to me.
  • That's interesting that you think that.
  • General Thoughts, I think we should be wary of anyone who sees Sheep as an easy bandwagon. Scum probably wouldn't have 'accidentally' hammered a townsperson when they could have waited a few more hours for them to be lynched naturally.
  • I've not asked some people any questions yet. I wouldn't read into it too much.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: April 25, 2013, 08:09:58 am »

I used an ability last night that may explain the lack of a night kill. I redirected all actions taken against NQT and Vector to hit the other. (anyone who targeted NQT hit Vector and vise versa) If a scum lover or confident town lover tried to kill vector, the attack would have hit NQT instead causing the attack to be Protected by NQT's ability. I have my reasons for targeting those 2 with this ability but i have to go to school so more on this later.

Also, NQT: Just as an experiment why don't you try voting someone again?

(And guys, we're getting close to hammering sheep. Lets get an explanation first)
[/quote]

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: April 25, 2013, 08:25:15 am »

I'd be interested in more of what you have to say here, Ranger. I don't have reason to believe or disbelieve you right now. Did you self-target last night, Vector? If what Ranger says is true, then I have reason to believe Tiruin may be scum for reasons unrelated to the lovers. (Uh, this might seem a bit mysterious- but I want to hear from all players before making any big claim or anything.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: April 25, 2013, 09:35:30 am »

PFP

I used an ability last night that may explain the lack of a night kill. I redirected all actions taken against NQT and Vector to hit the other. (anyone who targeted NQT hit Vector and vise versa) If a scum lover or confident town lover tried to kill vector, the attack would have hit NQT instead causing the attack to be Protected by NQT's ability. I have my reasons for targeting those 2 with this ability but i have to go to school so more on this later.

(And guys, we're getting close to hammering sheep. Lets get an explanation first)
We've got 3 out of 5 on sheep btw.

Query: That's quite a lot of abilities, huh. You've got an ability that sees acronyms, a day investigate and a swapper?

Why Vector of all people?

I'd be interested in more of what you have to say here, Ranger. I don't have reason to believe or disbelieve you right now. Did you self-target last night, Vector? If what Ranger says is true, then I have reason to believe Tiruin may be scum for reasons unrelated to the lovers. (Uh, this might seem a bit mysterious- but I want to hear from all players before making any big claim or anything.)
So I may be scum for pretty much anything. But not related to your lovers.
...Ok. Blank voting for some reason under the guise of 'reasons'.

...I really can't quite follow you at all. It appears that you've seen enough from Ranger to denote me 'maybe' being scum. Without anything to continue on.

What.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: April 25, 2013, 09:59:42 am »

EBWOP
Ok..missed this >_>

Anyway, did a re-read.

TolyK:

Apart from that, did Anyone action me last night? Kinda curious...
Why so?

And I would also like to inform that TheWetSheep is now under my suspicion.
The best part was "I really hope you're a jester..." when he really should've been saying "I really hope you're scum" :P
Why that, TWS? No time for others to think? Meh.

I have my action to claim today, but it would be silly, likely.
So how is he suspicious for that kind of wording? It speaks of apprehension to me, but that's as far as I can glean from his case on ZU. The context doesn't tell off that he's scum - I mean, it would be a true blunder that 'Omg I hammered' - given his past, it just doesn't match up...

Also, no time for others to think? What is that supposed to mean?

TolyK:
I assume the fact that NQT is still alive means you antidoted him?

Thinking about the ability pair you have (poison and antidote) would you consider yourself a vigilante type of role?  Does your antidote allow you to multi-target or did you decide not to target again last night?
Basically, yes. It's probably better than a vigilante in that I can save folks if I want to.
I can multi-target, yes.

Seems fairly reasonable...
The problem is, I'm 80% sure the scum have an arsonist or something like that. Fire mage + alcohol mage perchance? :P
Again with the statistics. Why the statistics? Arsonist?

Also on that power up there. Quite confusing - you can multi-target, but then you can save people. Now that sounds more like an arsonist because its a timed choice than not, TolyK, it doesn't answer the bolded question.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: April 25, 2013, 11:47:22 am »

For anyone wondering why i wanted NQT to try voting: I want to see if theres a timer or something on the Ford death depression thing.

Tiruin: I chose Vector as she hasn't been incredibly active lately due to her RL. This means that she was a viable target for an almost null read kill. I've also suspected for awhile that atleast one of the lovers were probably scum as its hard to get a full read on Day 1 when NQT used the ability. I was hoping (this was a really big throw of the dice) that a scum lover would carry out the kill and fail, or someone else would have died and at worst an inspect checked a different person. If anyone has another explanation, I'd love to hear it. (not sarcasm, i really do want to know)

Web: Can we get a vote count?

Tolyk: I believe Sheep said that he hoped ZU WASN'T a jester.

NQT: Check my speech to Tirun for my redirect info.
[/quote]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: April 25, 2013, 12:25:41 pm »

For anyone wondering why i wanted NQT to try voting: I want to see if theres a timer or something on the Ford death depression thing.
If this is true then my amendment still stands, despite me thinking that he voted purely because you asked...which now makes utter sense that I shouldn't post near midnight.

Tiruin: I chose Vector as she hasn't been incredibly active lately due to her RL. This means that she was a viable target for an almost null read kill. I've also suspected for awhile that atleast one of the lovers were probably scum as its hard to get a full read on Day 1 when NQT used the ability. I was hoping (this was a really big throw of the dice) that a scum lover would carry out the kill and fail, or someone else would have died and at worst an inspect checked a different person. If anyone has another explanation, I'd love to hear it. (not sarcasm, i really do want to know)
One problem - scum & lover, who knows the difference but NQT - he knows the lovers, but unsure if they're scum or not. I'm not a lover, just to say.

I was hoping (this was a really big throw of the dice) that a scum lover would carry out the kill and fail, or someone else would have died and at worst an inspect checked a different person. If anyone has another explanation, I'd love to hear it. (not sarcasm, i really do want to know)
You were hoping that a kill would come from a scum lover...especially when NQT announced his big trap. Color be utterly confused.

The bolded part is also confusing. Please clarify.

Tolyk: I believe Sheep said that he hoped ZU WASN'T a jester.

Zombie Urist: I really hope you're not a jester. You're acting scummy enough, though. You come out with a vote on Griffionday with absolutely no reasoning behind it, then when asked to present your case you switch it. You've been noncommittal the entire game. What is your reasoning for this? Also, you missed my question:
Zombie Urist: Are you a jester?
He didn't, initially. Well, he did, but not in regard to that interrogative question back then.

And it just doesn't make sense given TWS' context - jester? Really.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 93