Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 217902 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 2: Grand Slam [1 Replacement]
« Reply #765 on: April 18, 2013, 02:00:14 pm »

Anyways, waiting on NQT.
'night!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 18, 2013, 02:55:28 pm »

Anyone else seeking a replacement? Because if you are, I will find you.

And I will end you.

With a modkill.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 18, 2013, 03:11:32 pm »

Extend

Tolyk
One of the things that NQT might want to know is that he is about to die, at the end of the day, and I'm still not sure about saving him, though I'm leaning towards that.
When I read this earlier, I scanned past and just thought you were saying I was vote leader for the lynch and I didn't think much of it. Then I reread and saw what you were saying!

Uh, how do you know this? Are you about to kill me? I'd like a bit more information before I can decide what to do. If I know I'm about to die, then my town play will change: there's so much more I can tell town that won't be of any use to us once I'm dead, but if I'm going to live won't be in town's interests to share.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Night 1: Lights Out [1 Replacement]
« Reply #768 on: April 18, 2013, 04:56:41 pm »

Toaster steals a piece of pizza and takes a b-- Screw that.

Toaster attempts to reach into the pizza box, only to reveal a giant boxing glove. The gloves hits him square in the face. Dizzily, he sees a note on the glove as it recoils from the blow.

Don't touch my pizza.

"Dude, I stole this pizza fair and square. Though, the place got really angry that I robbed them. I mean, why would you name it Rob-A-Roni's if you weren't supposed to steal them?"

Someone yells, "What the hell is wrong with you Wuba?"

Dakarian yells from downstairs. "DID SOMEONE JUT SAY WUBA?!? BECAUSE I WILL EVICT EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU IF YOU DID."

Everyone looks around. "Uhh... no?"

"GOOD."

Vote Count
------------------------
Griffionday -
Hapah -
notquitethere - Urist Imiknorris,
RangerCado - Toaster, Vector,
The Soldier -
TheWetSheep -
Tiruin - Zrk2, TheWetSheep, zombie urist,
Toaster -
TolyK -
Urist Imiknorris -
Vector -
zombie urist - Tiruin, RangerCado, Griffionday,
Zrk2 -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - TolyK, The Soldier, Hapah,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Friday 9 PM Central.

Zrk2 requires a replacement.

Yes, there is a deadchat. Just make sure I link it to you if you die, because sometimes I forget.

Day Extended to Friday.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 2: Grand Slam [2 Replacements]
« Reply #769 on: April 18, 2013, 05:51:05 pm »

Wow, I'm confused. Fortunately, I have quite a bit of time now. Hopefully I'll get a good post up soon.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 18, 2013, 06:35:53 pm »

Urist Imiknorris is up for replacement too, right?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 18, 2013, 06:50:45 pm »

Sort of. He clearly unvoted and requested replacement:

Unvote, Request replacement.

I can't keep up with this game.

Then begining of day 2 he reappeared, voted for me, then promptly left the face of the Earth. So I'm unsure.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 18, 2013, 07:15:51 pm »

3 Replacements... They all die at sunset...

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 18, 2013, 07:29:20 pm »

I don't have the presence of mind to work through all the possibilities these claims mean.

Sheep:  I get that you think Tiruin is scum, but you're tunneling her excessively.  Who else is scummy, and why?
I know. I need to get used to this. There's so many posts to go through looking for slips that I find myself sticking with what I already think.

Hmmm, my reads(All these claims are confusing me, but whatever):

Tiruin: Quite scummy. I don't think I really need to go over my reasons again. Recently, though, I'm getting a bit less suspicious of her. One thing that confuses me about my own case, though, is why Tiruin would lie about something like that. There just doesn't seem to be a benefit.
Zombie Urist: If Tiruin isn't scum then ZU probably is, seeing as he jumped on the Tiruin (bandwagon? Not sure if it was or not) soon enough. His favourite word seems to be "meh." I don't remember this kind of apathy from him in previous games I've read.
Griffionday: Town. Very good first game. Although I am wondering why he was so obsessed with cults for a bit.
NQT: I am really confused about him. Ranger says he's town, but I don't trust that too much given the fuzzy stuff around his claim. If TolyK's telling the truth, though, there's no point in lynching him.
Ranger: Also confusing. He did lie, true, but I had a pretty strong town read on him before and the way in which he presented the lie says town to me as well.
TolyK: Would say null, but I read some of his early D2 posts and they seem pretty town to me. Will have to look more.
Toaster: Confirmed town by Hapah, but if it weren't for that I'd be suspicious. The vote on Ford is one of the big reasons.
Hapah: Pretty null. Has a knack for flying under the radar, I think. I should probably take a closer look.
The Soldier: Null, due to no activity for a long time.

Other players are up for replacement.

On a reread, I found something that made me believe that Toaster and Hapah are not on the same team:
Hmm.

Tiruin, care to say "I am town" yourself?  Hell, everyone should do so.
This doesn't seem to me to be a contrived way of showing that they're not on the same team. Seems pretty genuine to me. Although, of course, other powers might be at play, which leads to a question.

Hapah: How would a redirect of your truth power work?

Also, I dug up an interesting thing on ZU. His reads list:
Scum to town:
Tiruin
notquitethere
Toaster
Griffonday
Urist Imiknorris
RangerCado
TheWetSheep
Vector
Hapah

Null Reads:
The Soldier
TolyK
Zrk2
Correlates quite well to the votecount at the time:
Griffionday -
Hapah -
notquitethere - Urist Imiknorris, Vector, Toaster
RangerCado -
The Soldier -
TheWetSheep -
Tiruin - Zrk2, TheWetSheep, Zombie Urist(voted in the same post)
Toaster - Hapah,
TolyK -
Urist Imiknorris -
Vector -
zombie urist - Tiruin, Griffionday,
Zrk2 - RangerCado,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - TolyK, The Soldier
Despite not giving reasons for his reads, his top four scumpicks just happen to also be the four people with the most votes for them, excluding himself. Some sort of mass bandwagon going on here, maybe?

Wow, this post took a long time. I'll look for more, maybe get another post in later.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 18, 2013, 07:33:15 pm »

PFP

Quote from: TWS
Hapah: How would a redirect of your truth power work?
I'd guess that when I asked Wuba to confirm Toaster's statement, Wuba would ask what the hell I was going on about.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Night 1: Lights Out [1 Replacement]
« Reply #775 on: April 18, 2013, 07:37:46 pm »

Urist Imiknorris, Zrk2, and The Soldier.

Webadict points at the three and smiles wickedly.

"Time to showcase Causality Magic. For every action, there are several causes and effects. Therefore," webadict says, hands always moving and steadily glowing, "I simply set the effect, and-"

Zrk2 explodes into a million bits, which each explode into their own millions of bits. A flaming noose, glowing green, appears behind Urist Imiknorris. He falls through the center and disappears. The Soldier turns grey and then brown before disintegrating to dust and blowing away.

Of course, none of that really happened, because they never existed to begin with. But, from the perspective of the Causality Mage, these are the things you see every time you change things. Webadict sighs. No one would even see how the universe reravels itself. What a beautiful thing sight to miss.

"What the fuck are you doing webadict?" Vector yells.

"Oh. Nothing." Webadict stares off into the distance and then grabs some pizza.

"...What a fucking weirdo."

The Soldier has been modkilled!

The Soldier was a Ferromancer (town).

Urist Imiknorris has been modkilled!

Urist Imiknorris was a Grand Wizard of the KKK (sk).

Zrk2 has been modkilled!

Zrk2 was a Magimancer (mafia).

Vote Count
------------------------
Griffionday -
Hapah -
notquitethere -
RangerCado -
TheWetSheep -
Tiruin -
Toaster -
TolyK -
Vector -
zombie urist -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - TolyK, Hapah, Tiruin, RangerCado, Griffionday, Toaster, Vector, TheWetSheep, zombie urist,

5 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 2: Reraveling the Universe
« Reply #776 on: April 18, 2013, 08:27:31 pm »

Welp.

If UI is in a Wuba game, he is a SK and should be lynched immediately.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 18, 2013, 08:36:57 pm »

Anyone see the irony of 3 people leaving, all 3 being the 3 alignments? Well, i'll revote ZU for now and reconsider a few things... and find out if soldier did anything noteworthy... wait a second. UI was a Serial Killer, and they can NK right? So we have 2 NKs that were blocked last night...

Web: Would you have told us if any of them had lovers?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 18, 2013, 08:40:29 pm »

PFP - 30 minute break :S

Modkills all around.

That's replacements for you :/

@TWS:
Tiruin: [...] One thing that confuses me about my own case, though, is why Tiruin would lie about something like that. There just doesn't seem to be a benefit.
Well, now we seem to be agreeing on one thing. Now can you see why I'm saying your case is...weak, for the blunt terminology of it? Why did this only occur to you now and why...well, why did you never even bother to ask that kind of thing if it confuses you - as compared to placing it out on a hypothetical generality unaddressed to anyone?

Griffy
Tiruin:

-snip of reads-

Something I noticed, you have leaning town reads on all of us with four exceptions.  Three of those are null/confused.  And then there is your read on DeathSword-Zombie Urist:
Deathsword -> zombie urist - Scummy scum scum. Or just overworked busybody who really misunderstands much and tunneled too deep...
Could you expound on what your case on Zombie Urist is?  Yeah he's tunneling you and doesn't seem to make sense in most of his posts, but neither of those are necessarily scum reads.  Your vote on him was originally for refusing to account for DS's actions, but you never voted for DS so I'm not sure why that was worth your vote.

Here's why I put those reads. In any Mafia game I play in, I always place everyone at a normal standard of null - their reads go up and down relatively during the course of the game; my attitude is usually of the diplomatic kind (I fail in being assertive, in other words) and my mindset is usually of the 'innocent until proven guilty' type. I see things from multiple perspectives and all that, and while I did put people  under town, it doesn't necessarily mean they are town, but they exhibit the attitude of townspeople. There are too many variables for me to place down on this notice but I'll name a few (two) that come to mind.

> Natural chatting - you can see if there are any deviations in a Q/A type of method, regardless of assertion or diplomacy.
> Being pointy - this part relates to how vigilant a person is in looking into anothers' post. While yes, scum or town can do such, it is in how they state it. It's pretty much based on the thinking of the person - psychology intervenes in how people start communicating with each other. That's my explanation of what I did @D1.

Your vote on him was originally for refusing to account for DS's actions, but you never voted for DS so I'm not sure why that was worth your vote.
My vote was on his intentions. DS is different from ZU. ZU [revoting] sprang out with an accusation of false basis without quoting or putting any links but a general handwave under the label of 'I skimmed the thread and Tiruin is scum because...'

Check'it. The misuse of terminology along with weak prods regarding 'unless u r scum' don't even ring any reason in me. While there's something nudging me that perhaps ZU may not be scum, that's what I'm seeing from him - defensive in the way that his case is being attacked righteously.

Oh, and in regard to when he quoted Ford, I was scum then. In truth, I guess I was too much of a blind-sided teacher during that BM in which I was being scummy for the sake of showing scummy. Seeing as how ZU feels regarding this game - different in all fronts - there is where I got the idea that there may be some misunderstanding. That, and he didn't quote or point exactly to where his accusations lie.

Ranger

Your ZU vote; My question - bottom of post.

TolyK
So since you were waiting on NQT - what can you say about this reply, huh.
Or this?
Back to my question - what were you hoping to see as a reaction from the guy as it seems like you're his hope of life and death and your cover story is proving him town or not.

Toaster
Welp.

If UI is in a Wuba game, he is a SK and should be lynched immediately.
I think its based on his replies. IMO, Zrk posts a lot better when scum, but more picky in his answers - that's what I've to conclude given my meta on him. No offense meant but that's my first impression upon seeing the votecount. >_>

Anyone see the irony of 3 people leaving, all 3 being the 3 alignments? Well, i'll revote ZU for now and reconsider a few things... and find out if soldier did anything noteworthy... wait a second. UI was a Serial Killer, and they can NK right? So we have 2 NKs that were blocked last night...

Web: Would you have told us if any of them had lovers?
Irony where and what now?
2 NKs blocked?
...This is the problem with no ability flips.
Check my question to you above - what's your case on him?
Why The SOldier as compared to the two other guys?
Web: What abilities do SK's usually have?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 18, 2013, 08:41:18 pm »

Woo, 20 minutes done XD

...Just saying ahead that I'll be busy for the next hours. Not that any of you may be here in time (when I can't reply) seeing my timezone anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 93