Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 93

Author Topic: Magic Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 218025 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia - Day 2: Grand Slam [1 Replacement]
« Reply #750 on: April 18, 2013, 10:04:37 am »

I thought I ex-

...Extend.

The other thing I probably can't tell today, so that will have to wait. I'm curious about what others make out of it.

And you folks really should Extend (I've already done that, so no bold).
Probably? So its a circumstantial thing?

Upon what basis will NQT's reply be based on, and how does that even matter if you know he's about to die anyway? That's like withholding information from a guy you know would die due to some prophecy that nobody else can get. Like, personal divination.

How can NQT screw up there? Seems like you're tied to him given that there's a surety about saving him or not, instead of I don't know how to save him or something of a less definitive sort.

What's with the doubt?

PPE: Also, if reaction is the thing you're gauging him from - what will you base it on and why only the things going on now and not before? What would you expect from him?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 18, 2013, 10:20:13 am »

Man, I'm confused here.  Too many people obfuscating.

TolyK:
One of the things that NQT might want to know is that he is about to die, at the end of the day, and I'm still not sure about saving him, though I'm leaning towards that.

I'm going to assume you're responsible for a second, and ask you why you're killing him. 
See last line of this post.

The other thing I probably can't tell today, so that will have to wait. I'm curious about what others make out of it.

No, it's a thing I haven't yet decided.

Quote from: Tiruin
Upon what basis will NQT's reply be based on, and how does that even matter if you know he's about to die anyway? That's like withholding information from a guy you know would die due to some prophecy that nobody else can get. Like, personal divination.

How can NQT screw up there? Seems like you're tied to him given that there's a surety about saving him or not, instead of I don't know how to save him or something of a less definitive sort.

What's with the doubt?

PPE: Also, if reaction is the thing you're gauging him from - what will you base it on and why only the things going on now and not before? What would you expect from him?
I still feel that the NQT-scum theory has potency, so I'm checking. And about the reaction thing, answering that would be silly in my seat.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 18, 2013, 10:25:02 am »

...See, this is the kind of vagueness I wrapped my head over D1.

So that means you're saying one of the things, and much more are related to NQT.

Why NQT of all people present?

And then on some strange plan out there, its bearing down on his response. Why not anything beforehand as compared to his reaction now?
And about the reaction thing, answering that would be silly in my seat.
Answer it after he replies, if you may forget.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 18, 2013, 10:36:11 am »

Tiruin:

-snip of reads-

Something I noticed, you have leaning town reads on all of us with four exceptions.  Three of those are null/confused.  And then there is your read on DeathSword-Zombie Urist:
Deathsword -> zombie urist - Scummy scum scum. Or just overworked busybody who really misunderstands much and tunneled too deep...
Could you expound on what your case on Zombie Urist is?  Yeah he's tunneling you and doesn't seem to make sense in most of his posts, but neither of those are necessarily scum reads.  Your vote on him was originally for refusing to account for DS's actions, but you never voted for DS so I'm not sure why that was worth your vote.

What is your current case against Zombie Urist?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 18, 2013, 10:38:24 am »

...See, this is the kind of vagueness I wrapped my head over D1.

So that means you're saying one of the things, and much more are related to NQT.

Why NQT of all people present?

And then on some strange plan out there, its bearing down on his response. Why not anything beforehand as compared to his reaction now?
And about the reaction thing, answering that would be silly in my seat.
Answer it after he replies, if you may forget.
NQT and his lover stuff. We already have a confirmed town, and I want to confirm NQT.
If I forget, just remind me, ok? I have bad memory for doing things. :P
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 18, 2013, 11:04:48 am »

There's a lot of questions to get to, but I can answer this one quickly:

Toaster
If you knew Ranger was lying about knowing your ability names, why didn't you call him out?

Also, call it rolefishing all you want, but how many abilities do you have?  If it's not three, why not call him out about knowing that too?
He'd already explained that he might have been given bogus names by Wuba, and because the name 'Cupid's Arrows' was very close to what the actual ability is called, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that point- especially as his information on the role (until he slipped up) was all correct. I've got three abilities, so that much was true.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 18, 2013, 11:15:52 am »

Oh boy, time to figure out whats going on this time.

Hapah: I used my day cop ability to finally quell my suspicions on NQT as I was getting tired of trying to sort through all the nuances of his claims. Since he appears to be a love mage, i tried to figure out as much as i could about his abilities through the lie because i have no clue if Web would make a love mage have a GodFather ability. I used my Day-Cop today and not yesterday as i was planning to use a night action during the night and save it for later. I decided against using the Night ability for my own reasons which i don't feel i need to reveal right now.

NQT: i believe we have (just from memory here) 3 on you, 2 on me, 3 on ZU, 2 on Tiruin, and atleast 1 random vote somewhere else. So we have either 1-2 people not voting or 3 if there isn't a random vote.

Tiruin: Can you please link me to your question to me about ZU? I can't find it.

Tolyk: ...Either your scum, a lover who found a way to kill him, or a very well informed Towny.

I'm available for questions for the next 40 minutes, but then you'll have to wait for me to finish the school day.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 18, 2013, 12:06:14 pm »

I can't read eight pages. I'm sorry. I think I'll need a replacement, please.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 18, 2013, 12:30:28 pm »

Tolyk: ...Either your scum, a lover who found a way to kill him, or a very well informed Towny.
Probably.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 18, 2013, 12:43:19 pm »

I can't read eight pages. I'm sorry. I think I'll need a replacement, please.

I'm sorry for my part in the ridiculous page count.  I'll try to learn to be more concise with my posts in the future and stop arguing in circles, as that is not productive and needless bloat.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: April 18, 2013, 01:18:42 pm »

TolyK:
We already have a confirmed town

Who's that?

NQT: I find you a bit too eager to believe someone who says something good in your name.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 18, 2013, 01:30:10 pm »

Toaster: He may have mean't you (if he's trusting Hapah) or he could mean old dead Ford.

(i love lunch, it gives me free time)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 18, 2013, 01:32:10 pm »

I mean both, kinda. Ford's dead, though, and if both Toaster and Hapah are scum then it contradicts most of what I have going on.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 18, 2013, 01:44:58 pm »

Ford doesn't matter, since he's dead, and you can't count me as confirmed.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 18, 2013, 01:50:08 pm »

You were confirmed by Hapah. :P
Of course, logically it's not 100%, but in my theory it's pretty damn high.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 93