Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Sanity Reigns [Game Over]  (Read 96714 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - A Disturbing Scene [Day 2]
« Reply #375 on: April 03, 2013, 09:00:11 pm »

Please bold extend requests.  (I'll catch that one since it's the only word in your post)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 03, 2013, 10:18:57 pm »

Okami no Rei:
It's been a while since you posted. Where you at?
It has indeed been some time.  I'm back now, and doing a reread.
Spoiler: Rant (click to show/hide)
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 03, 2013, 10:19:25 pm »

Oh, and an extend would be appreciated.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 03, 2013, 10:22:04 pm »

Extend. PPE: Super-extended!

Whoever pulled off the daykill, mind claiming it? I'd like to pick your brain a little.

The Soldier:
Hapah: Lurking < Activelurking =< Scum. Lurking can be caused just by being busy, but activelurking is only done by scum trying to look active. I consider activelurking to be a scumtell, hence why I believe ZU is scum.
The priority is good enough; but I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on ZU. I think he's just busy and trying to keep playing, not activelurking.

NQT

Hapah
I would absolutely love to know how NQT is apparently aware of your track result.
Obviously I didn't know, but I made an intelligent guess based on what Deathsword was choosing to focus on. If Vector's right then I think we have some serious questions to ask:
Really? Mind explaining why? I think it makes Deathsword a more probable towny.

Deathsword
On what grounds did you deny town a vote for today?
Slant that question any more and it'd be vertical.

Either DS thought Ford was scum or DS is scum.
Scroll of Phasing doubles as a poor man's protect. It's essentially a Jailor.

Deathsword was Vector's main target and vice versa, but Zombie Urist had the most to gain by resetting the vote.
Wrong. You had the most to gain, far and away: it clears up any suspicions that you and Vector were a team. Unless you really think that ZU was spazzing out about the vote being tied with two entire days to go. Of course, it's possible someone else will claim killing Vector.

You are putting a completely negative spin on damn near everything. It feels like you are just trying to set up people for lynches, from where I'm standing.

(Tunnel tunnel chunnel tunnel)
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Down and Out [Day 2]
« Reply #379 on: April 03, 2013, 10:27:19 pm »

Vote Count:

The Soldier:
notquitethere:  Hapah,
Hapah:
Okami No Rei:
Deathsword:
Imperial Guardsman:
alamoes:
zombie urist: notquitethere, Imperial Guardsman, The Soldier,

Not Voting: Okami No Rei, Deathsword, alamoes, zombie urist,

Day has been extendedDay 2 will last until Friday, 4/5 at 11 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 04, 2013, 12:58:04 am »

Imperial, stop worrying about the scenerio text and attend to the game at hand.
Stop being so hostile toward me and attend to the game at hand.
How is this hostile? If you're afraid of hostility, mafia isn't for you. Also, what you're doing is the dictionary definition of active lurking.

Well, that daykill happened. On the bright side, now we know NQT and Vector aren't a scumteam, as was possible with him seemingly knowing too much. Not sure if the day ends at the same time or not; going to assume it's the same for now. Also, Extend because ZU has midterms, and a few people have been absent.
That votecount's from Day 1. The mentioned "everyone" quote happened at the beginning of Day 2, when you did in fact have just 2 votes on you (myself and IG). The Hapah thing made me chuckle, for what it's worth.
Also, because I did hunting. I looked at Ford, NQT, Vector, and to a lesser event.
Also also, I disagree. Conclusion: You're a liar liar liar.
2. No I'm attacking him because what he said he said is not what he actually said. He claims he meant "ZU is marginally scummier than Zrk2". He said "I think ZU is most scummiest". I don't see how what he said could mean that he means he said.
3. Where was I "convinced?". He was plenty scummy and still is. Its annoying how I can't question him, but oh well.
1: I suppose this is a matter of opinion. Your posted questions seem weak (see here), and you stay in the background. It's difficult to be objective about quality of questions, so it's naturally subjective. I don't see how having a different opinion makes me a liar.
2: Alright, confusion cleared up.
3: I say "convinced" because you focused entirely on Ford up until the point NQT came along. If you could vote him, would you?
1. I said everyone's who was voting me were using terrible reasoning (and still are). Also I did hunting so saying I didn't is inaccurate.
3. That makes no sense. Also, no. I do have a bunch of questions for him, but that can wait.

Deathsword was Vector's main target and vice versa, but Zombie Urist had the most to gain by resetting the vote. Though the vote was tied, I could have easily put my decisive vote on ZU- while he couldn't do the same in return having already contributed to my own vote total. He, or one of his scum allies could have used a Scroll of Solar Flare (have I missed a more likely item?), with the intent of resetting the vote.
Congratulations ZU, I really do now think you're the scummiest. My next pick would be Deathsword, can you give me a compelling reason why he would be the better pick?
Firstly, you're assuming I had the ability to kill Vector. Secondly, its pretty obvious that people are going to vote about the same as before. Thirdly, I don't like how you're setting up a ZU or DS one or the other must be scum kind of thing. No I am not going to help you build a case on DS. In fact I think you should vote for NQT.

DS: What was your gut feel on Ford? Did you kill Vector?
The Soldier: Why did you curse my armor?
Imperial Guardsman: Why are you a hypocritical active lurker?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 04, 2013, 03:35:06 am »

zombie urist: I didn't curse your armor. Why do you think I did?

NQT:
Deathsword was Vector's main target and vice versa, but Zombie Urist had the most to gain by resetting the vote. Though the vote was tied, I could have easily put my decisive vote on ZU- while he couldn't do the same in return having already contributed to my own vote total. He, or one of his scum allies could have used a Scroll of Solar Flare (have I missed a more likely item?), with the intent of resetting the vote.

Congratulations ZU, I really do now think you're the scummiest. My next pick would be Deathsword, can you give me a compelling reason why he would be the better pick?

Imperial, stop worrying about the scenerio text and attend to the game at hand.

Does anyone (I'm looking at you Hapah) remember anything like this happening in a previous Roguelike? If so, what was it, why did scum do it, and what was the outcome?
Missed this post, and what a post to miss.

Your new point against ZU is essentially WIFOM. Maybe ZU did it, to do as you describe. Maybe someone was really, really paranoid about Vector and just couldn't stand keeping their scroll any longer. Maybe someone did it to frame ZU. The point is, we don't know.

Furthermore, this is all operating under the assumption that you're right, and ZU does have the most to gain here. Hapah is right, in that it's actually you who has the most to gain. I had to think about it to realize that you can still be scum, just not scum with Vector.

This prompted a reread focusing on what you've said so far.

Day 1 is not too bad, barring this post here and your lack of any real pressure on active players. In this post, you seem pretty quick to FoS zombie urist over minor stuff.

Day 2 has you refer to assumed circumstances as though they are fact (see here). This isn't so bad by itself, but it's certainly different from you usual self, who has no problems at all with explaining what assumptions you're operating under before questioning begins. Later on is a false dichotomy ("Either DS thought Ford was scum or DS is scum."), and finally comes your latest post. It has the aforementioned WIFOM, more false dichotomy, and just generally feels like you're trying to pull the wool over the town's eyes.

Why is WIFOM your primary reason for switching to ZU?

alamoes, Imperial Guardsman:
You've both been passive the whole game so far, so I have a few requests for you:
1: Post a list of your reads on the players still living,
2: Give us your top 3 scumpicks (include reasons for each), and
3: Ask your top scumpick a good, solid question.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 04, 2013, 10:15:07 am »

NQT: If I were scum, the last thing I'd do is kill Vector while she was questioning me. That's just stupid and attracts attention, something scum would never want.

Hapah put it better, though.

IG:
NQT
Zombie Urist
Do you mind giving us some reasons? That would be excellent.

Why do you think Zombie Urist is scum?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 04, 2013, 10:22:17 am »

DS: What was your gut feel on Ford? Did you kill Vector?
No, I didn't kill Vector. I didn't like how he was protecting alamoes (who should appear and post) as if he was completely sure of his alignment. My reads on him were null, so I decided not to take a risk and get him out of the game for a day.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 04, 2013, 01:08:08 pm »

Hapah
Quote from: nqt
Obviously I didn't know, but I made an intelligent guess based on what Deathsword was choosing to focus on. If Vector's right then I think we have some serious questions to ask.
You think? I guess I see getting rid of a town player during the day a pretty anti-town move, but I see your Jailer point that it could be used to protect Ford. But I got the impression from DS's reply that he saw Ford as a threat.

Deathsword was Vector's main target and vice versa, but Zombie Urist had the most to gain by resetting the vote.
Wrong. You had the most to gain, far and away: it clears up any suspicions that you and Vector were a team. Unless you really think that ZU was spazzing out about the vote being tied with two entire days to go. Of course, it's possible someone else will claim killing Vector.
Sure, someone else might claim the Vector kill and hell, I'm not so blind as to see that anyone could have killed Vector for reasons I'm not seeing or no reason at all. Most people didn't seriously entertain the idea that because I guessed DS's action that I was on a scum team with Vector. Or did you think that?

I might be putting a negative spin on things but you're not putting any spin: it's all NQT said this and NQT said that. I'm beginning to think you might be a third party who's objective is tied to my death.

ZU
Firstly, you're assuming I had the ability to kill Vector. Secondly, its pretty obvious that people are going to vote about the same as before. Thirdly, I don't like how you're setting up a ZU or DS one or the other must be scum kind of thing. No I am not going to help you build a case on DS. In fact I think you should vote for NQT.
Well I'm throwing the idea out there, applying pressure. You're handling it well, but you don't have a case against me. Who else benefits from Vector's death? It sure as hell aint me: you were enroute for a hanging, now the votes are reset it's more precarious and crucially DS can't vote for Vector now and is most likely to vote for me.

Soldier
Your new point against ZU is essentially WIFOM. Maybe ZU did it, to do as you describe. Maybe someone was really, really paranoid about Vector and just couldn't stand keeping their scroll any longer. Maybe someone did it to frame ZU. The point is, we don't know.

Furthermore, this is all operating under the assumption that you're right, and ZU does have the most to gain here. Hapah is right, in that it's actually you who has the most to gain. I had to think about it to realize that you can still be scum, just not scum with Vector.

Why is WIFOM your primary reason for switching to ZU?
As I pointed out above, I'm really not seeing how it would be in my favour to off Vector, but look, I take your point about WIFOM. Yeah, we don't know. Maybe it wasn't so helpful for me to speculate on why someone might have tried to get rid of Vector. I was always going to vote ZU, to break the tie if nothing else. Fresh was hyper scummy and ZU started the game being super unhelpful. Since then, he's barely hunted at all. He doesn't have a plausible case.

DS
NQT: If I were scum, the last thing I'd do is kill Vector while she was questioning me. That's just stupid and attracts attention, something scum would never want.
This is all WIFOM, me and you. I'm dropping the point. We don't know why Vector was killed and why they did it.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 04, 2013, 01:28:46 pm »

The Soldier:Town
notquitethere:Suspicious
Hapah:Slightly suspicious
Okami No Rei:Town
Deathsword:Very suspicious
alamoes:Town
zombie urist:Scum

Scumpicks

1.ZU, due to his posts, and his activity
2.Deathsword, due to the evidence against him
3.NQT, due to his behavior

ZU, do you know anything about Vector and Tiruin?

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 04, 2013, 09:50:01 pm »

Vote's tied and Vector dies.  She wasn't even in on one of the ties.  Doesn't make sense.

I can't see anyone being stupid enough to use a day-kill while they're involved in a tie vote just to reset the votecount, but I can see scum capitalizing on the opportunity to get rid of a strong Town player while simultaneously securing a near-guaranteed lynch on one of the tied individuals and introducing a boatload of WiFoM.

With that in mind:

notquitethere - If you had a Scroll of Solar Flare, and you were Scum, would you have picked Vector in your position?

zombie urist - If you had a Scroll of Solar Flare, and you were Town, can you see any reason you would use it on Vector?

Imperial Guardsmen - Would you kindly lend me a sentence or two regarding Hapah's designation as "Slightly Suspicious"?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 04, 2013, 11:01:53 pm »

Hapah
Quote from: nqt
Obviously I didn't know, but I made an intelligent guess based on what Deathsword was choosing to focus on. If Vector's right then I think we have some serious questions to ask.
You think? I guess I see getting rid of a town player during the day a pretty anti-town move, but I see your Jailer point that it could be used to protect Ford. But I got the impression from DS's reply that he saw Ford as a threat.
I can't see why scum would waste a potential LYLO-breaker for the marginal benefits you'd get for using it N1, though. I wish someone would claim that daykill so I could talk to them, but it doesn't look like anyone is going to.

Sure, someone else might claim the Vector kill and hell, I'm not so blind as to see that anyone could have killed Vector for reasons I'm not seeing or no reason at all. Most people didn't seriously entertain the idea that because I guessed DS's action that I was on a scum team with Vector. Or did you think that?
I don't know how you can speak for "most people". I thought it was a real enough possibility.

I might be putting a negative spin on things but you're not putting any spin: it's all NQT said this and NQT said that. I'm beginning to think you might be a third party who's objective is tied to my death.
You could try to make that argument, sure: lynchers are definately a thing. I think most everything I've pointed out has been of interest.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 05, 2013, 01:02:48 am »

zombie urist - If you had a Scroll of Solar Flare, and you were Town, can you see any reason you would use it on Vector?
If I was sure Vector was scum and I was really close to getting lynched probably.

Nope.

How is not putting any spin worse?

Well I'm throwing the idea out there, applying pressure. You're handling it well, but you don't have a case against me. Who else benefits from Vector's death? It sure as hell aint me: you were enroute for a hanging, now the votes are reset it's more precarious and crucially DS can't vote for Vector now and is most likely to vote for me.
I totally have a case. The summary is until very recently, you've been focusing on weaker players and not pushing any cases. Also you let Zrk2 get lynched even though you thought I was scummier. Then you start the day focused on lurkers.

As I pointed out above, I'm really not seeing how it would be in my favour to off Vector, but look, I take your point about WIFOM. Yeah, we don't know. Maybe it wasn't so helpful for me to speculate on why someone might have tried to get rid of Vector. I was always going to vote ZU, to break the tie if nothing else. Fresh was hyper scummy and ZU started the game being super unhelpful. Since then, he's barely hunted at all. He doesn't have a plausible case.
You're still making the mistake of assuming whoever killed Vector must be scum and that everyone had the ability to kill Vector. Also, saying I've barely hunted is a blatant lie. Liar liar liar to you too. And I do have a case.

zombie urist: I didn't curse your armor. Why do you think I did?
Hmmm.... then who did?  :o

Imperial Guardian:
Imperial Guardsman: Why are you a hypocritical active lurker?

also:
1. which posts?
2. what evidence?
3. what about his behavior?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 05, 2013, 09:55:15 am »

The Soldier:Town
notquitethere:Suspicious
Hapah:Slightly suspicious
Okami No Rei:Town
Deathsword:Very suspicious
alamoes:Town
zombie urist:Scum

Scumpicks

You know, these reads are very nice and all, but would you mind to give us some fucking reasons behind each one? And not generic ones like in the scumpicks (as ZU adressed).
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44