Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Sanity Reigns [Game Over]  (Read 96799 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Down and Out [Day 2]
« Reply #360 on: April 02, 2013, 07:00:24 pm »

I don't. I have no strong beliefs about Ford's towness one way or the other, though the fact he didn't seem to cast a final vote in the last day doesn't bode well for his innocence. I was stating things to DS in a worst-case scenario kind of way. If Ford is town then DS deprived town of a vote, that's all. What do you think about Ford and this phasing situation?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 02, 2013, 09:50:58 pm »

Vote Count:

The Soldier:
notquitethere: zombie urist, Hapah, alamoes
Vector: Deathsword
Hapah:
Okami No Rei:
Deathsword: Vector
Imperial Guardsman:
alamoes: notquitethere
zombie urist: Imperial Guardsman, The Soldier, Okami No Rei

Not Voting: 

Day 2 will last until Thursday, 4/4 at 11 PM EST.

Toaster, vote count please.

Sorry!  Meant to do one this morning.  Shame on me for lazy modding.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 02, 2013, 11:24:30 pm »

Hell of a day, guys. Post in the morning.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 03, 2013, 03:03:46 pm »

Vector stands up.

“My head... hurts.  Ugh.”  She starts swaying.  Alamoes runs to prop her up, but she stands back up straight and pushes the hand away.

“Why are we arguing?  We could be... partying!”  She drops her pack, and takes off her travelling cloak.  “I’m hungry.  Anyone got some grub?  We could eat bugs if there’s nothing.  Hee hee, get it?  Grub?  Grub?  Ahahaah!”

She starts running around the camp, patting people on the head as she passes.  “Oh yeah, this is great!  Wheeee!  I’m having fuuuun!!!”  She makes a couple more loops, then falls to the ground.  She begins twitching.

“Ugh... too much fun.  I can see.. spots?  Figures?  What are those?”  The smile on her face turns into a mask of fear.  “Wha... stay away!  Get back!  GET BACK!” she shrieks.  She slaps away Notquitethere and Okami No Rei as they try to calm her down, then backs into a corner.

“Stay.. BACK... I CAN SEE... OH MY GOD!”  Without warning, she whips out a knife at her side and plunges it into her right eye all the way to the hilt.  She falls over on her face.

Everyone is too shocked to react.  Eventually, Imperial Guardsman walks over and pokes her with his foot.  Nothing- she’s quite dead.  A quick check of her pack reveals nothing but archaeological notes about the wonders of this place.  She’s not one of the ones working against you.

After a few minutes of stunned silence, the talking slowly begins again.  Everyone is fearful- what has happened?  Could they be next?

Vector has been killed!  She was an Archaeologist (Town).

Votes have been reset.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - A Disturbing Scene [Day 2]
« Reply #364 on: April 03, 2013, 03:24:40 pm »

Uh.  Well, then.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 03, 2013, 04:42:17 pm »

Imperial Guardsman walks over and pokes her with his foot.  Nothing- she’s quite dead.
Oh, so im the idiot?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 03, 2013, 05:25:18 pm »

Deathsword was Vector's main target and vice versa, but Zombie Urist had the most to gain by resetting the vote. Though the vote was tied, I could have easily put my decisive vote on ZU- while he couldn't do the same in return having already contributed to my own vote total. He, or one of his scum allies could have used a Scroll of Solar Flare (have I missed a more likely item?), with the intent of resetting the vote.

Congratulations ZU, I really do now think you're the scummiest. My next pick would be Deathsword, can you give me a compelling reason why he would be the better pick?

Imperial, stop worrying about the scenerio text and attend to the game at hand.

Does anyone (I'm looking at you Hapah) remember anything like this happening in a previous Roguelike? If so, what was it, why did scum do it, and what was the outcome?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 03, 2013, 05:34:58 pm »

Pith helmets cause heatstroke.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 03, 2013, 06:04:24 pm »

Pith helmets cause heatstroke.
I lol'd.

Does anyone (I'm looking at you Hapah) remember anything like this happening in a previous Roguelike? If so, what was it, why did scum do it, and what was the outcome?
I don't recall any daykills in any of the games I've played in.

Post tonight
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 03, 2013, 07:15:07 pm »

Imperial, stop worrying about the scenerio text and attend to the game at hand.

Stop being so hostile toward me and attend to the game at hand.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 03, 2013, 07:18:15 pm »

NQT
Zombie Urist

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 03, 2013, 07:52:14 pm »

Well, that daykill happened. On the bright side, now we know NQT and Vector aren't a scumteam, as was possible with him seemingly knowing too much. Not sure if the day ends at the same time or not; going to assume it's the same for now. Also, Extend because ZU has midterms, and a few people have been absent.
Mod: Has the day-end time changed?

ZU:
=cut for length=
Did Hapah teach you how to count?
Zombie Urist: alamoes, Imperial Guardsman, Zrk2, Vector
That votecount's from Day 1. The mentioned "everyone" quote happened at the beginning of Day 2, when you did in fact have just 2 votes on you (myself and IG). The Hapah thing made me chuckle, for what it's worth.
Also, because I did hunting. I looked at Ford, NQT, Vector, and to a lesser event.
Also also, I disagree. Conclusion: You're a liar liar liar.
2. No I'm attacking him because what he said he said is not what he actually said. He claims he meant "ZU is marginally scummier than Zrk2". He said "I think ZU is most scummiest". I don't see how what he said could mean that he means he said.
3. Where was I "convinced?". He was plenty scummy and still is. Its annoying how I can't question him, but oh well.
1: I suppose this is a matter of opinion. Your posted questions seem weak (see here), and you stay in the background. It's difficult to be objective about quality of questions, so it's naturally subjective. I don't see how having a different opinion makes me a liar.

2: Alright, confusion cleared up.

3: I say "convinced" because you focused entirely on Ford up until the point NQT came along. If you could vote him, would you?

Imperial Guardsman:
There's a question for you to answer here.
Spoiler: Out of Game (click to show/hide)

Okami no Rei:
It's been a while since you posted. Where you at?

alamoes:
Same goes for you.
Spoiler: Out of Game (click to show/hide)

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 03, 2013, 07:54:24 pm »

IG:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

no, i have not taken lessons from anybody. i am brand new, and paying attention to the personalities of others
i will wait during the night phase and hope that the mafia does not target me.
How can you know what you will do at night before you even quest for an item?
Oh, never thought about that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 03, 2013, 08:29:15 pm »

There is one vote to extend.  Three total needed to extend the day.

Imperial Guardsman walks over and pokes her with his foot.  Nothing- she’s quite dead.
Oh, so im the idiot?

Random.org decided which names to use in flavor.

Mod: Has the day-end time changed?

Since there were more than 24 hours left in the day when it happened, no.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 03, 2013, 08:41:36 pm »

extend
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44