Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Sanity Reigns [Game Over]  (Read 96782 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Down and Out [Day 2]
« Reply #330 on: April 01, 2013, 02:04:31 pm »

Deathsword
NQT: Why do you think it was an artifact and not a more common item?
The sword was the only item I saw that could make someone disappear with no flip. If you can see a more common item that could have caused Ford to disappear then I'll accept it as the more likely cause. Why did you choose Ford to disappear?

Imperial Guardsman, thanks for the (overly short and unhelpful) reply. At least its better than your constant evasion from the last few days. Why would you kill ZU? What's your reasoning?

Hapah, and Jim never returned?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 01, 2013, 02:08:22 pm »

PFP

No, I think he came back, but it's just a foggy memory. I just think I remember someone vanishing once and it wasn't due to Legacy Weapon, and the phrase "Scroll of Phasing" keeps coming up in my head.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 01, 2013, 02:36:29 pm »

I doublechecked the list and you're absolutely right- Ford was probably just hit by a Scroll of Phasing. If so, he'll be back at the end of the day.

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 01, 2013, 03:33:11 pm »

Scroll of phasing, for reference (Uncommon):
The target is blocked and vanishes from the game tonight, and reappears at the end of the following day. All other actions on this target fail.

So, chances are that Ford will be back tomorrow.

Rereading the thread, a few things strike me.

1: Hapah is almost definitely not on the same team as Leafsnail. His arguments on posts 262, 267, and 269 seem too real to be staged.
2: I'm a sucker. Sorry 'bout that, Zrk.
3: ZU has done even less than I thought he had.

ZU: You spent most all of D1 defending yourself. Your only real attempts at scumhunting are here and here. Why shouldn't you be lynched today?

IG:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

no, i have not taken lessons from anybody. i am brand new, and paying attention to the personalities of others
i will wait during the night phase and hope that the mafia does not target me.
How can you know what you will do at night before you even quest for an item?

Okami no Rei:
Leafsnail flipped scum. Who are you suspicious of now?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 01, 2013, 04:11:50 pm »

NQT is still scum, Vector is also scum. The Soldier might be scum. Scum scum scum.

Deathsword.  What do you think happened with Captain Ford?
He was probably removed from the game by an item. Hopefuly it won't be permanent. What do you think?
I am pretty sure that the first part of this is a trivial statement.
Then what's the point of the question? And what happened to the experiment you were doing D1?

ZU: You spent most all of D1 defending yourself. Your only real attempts at scumhunting are here and here. Why shouldn't you be lynched today?
Because I'm not scum. Also because everyone's reasons for voting me are full of shit. Also also, I didn't spend "most all" of D1 defending myself.

ZU, you grossly misunderstood my reply to Hapah. I only meant to indicate that you seemed marginally more scummy than Zrk2. Also, unless my vote comes down to a tie breaker and town isn't extending, then there's no harm in me keeping the pressure on a player who, unlike you, hasn't responded to my questions. As for logical analysis, I can only do that when we have concrete information, like a flip.
You didn't say that at all. You said "ZU seems to me the most scummiest" Since your English is pretty good, you should know about superlatives and stuff. In no way do I see the implication that you were comparing me and Zrk. Also, good job tunneling IG. To me, not wanting to vote anyone else seems like you're afraid of being part of a mislynch.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - The Cloister of Zodank, God of Madness [Day 1]
« Reply #335 on: April 01, 2013, 04:44:12 pm »

ZU
Are you being deliberately obtuse? The Soldier clearly sets up the two options for discussion as you and Zrk2, and my answer is that you were the most scummiest of the two. Is that so hard to understand? Anyone else disagree with me here?
The two main lynch candidates currently are ZU and Zrk2. Should either be lynched? Both? Neither? If neither, who should be lynched? What's your read on Hapah?
ZU seems to me the most scummiest: his curtness is a mask for evasiveness, and his predecessor Fresh was dropping scum tells like they were going out of fashion. But since we've been granted an extension, we've got a little more time to form our reads.

As for Imp: keeping up a vote to pressure an evasive player who will not respond to your questions is one form of scum hunting. Maybe you might want to try it some time.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - The Cloister of Zodank, God of Madness [Day 1]
« Reply #336 on: April 01, 2013, 06:01:16 pm »

NQT is still scum, Vector is also scum. The Soldier might be scum. Scum scum scum.

He was probably removed from the game by an item. Hopefuly it won't be permanent. What do you think?
Then what's the point of the question? And what happened to the experiment you were doing D1?

Perhaps you should pull your head out of your ass and think a little harder.

And once again, here is the conclusion of my experiment:

As for my experiment, sometimes when you nail scum you can sort of see the rest of the scumteam reforming up in the background.  I've been townhunting for this past little bit, but now I've got some leads and can stop doing it.  All this, of course, works better when no one knows exactly what you're doing.

Deathsword, for what reasons do you think an ostensibly town player might choose to phase out Ford?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 01, 2013, 06:26:32 pm »

NQT
We've had three flips, which is even more information than usual. In the hours and days to come I'll be looking back on the post record at interactions and reads by the dead (especially Leafsnail) to see if anything egregious sticks out.
Please do. I still think you're scum, though.

Deathsword
NQT: Why do you think it was an artifact and not a more common item?
The sword was the only item I saw that could make someone disappear with no flip. If you can see a more common item that could have caused Ford to disappear then I'll accept it as the more likely cause. Why did you choose Ford to disappear?
How do you know it was Deathsword? I don't think he's claimed having a hand in it.

What did you expect him to say? "I saw Ford pretend he was Solid Snake and hide inside a box"?

The Soldier: Would you rather lynch a lurker or someone who is scummy? Do you think ZU is both?

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 01, 2013, 06:28:56 pm »

If he ends up flipping town, I hope you don't mind if I push you hard on the morrow.
Oops!  Looks like I pushed a little too hard, a little too early.  How clumsy of me.

Ah, well.  Scratch one Scroll of Death.  Scratch one Mafia.

Okami no Rei:
Leafsnail flipped scum. Who are you suspicious of now?
zombie urist
ZU looks pretty scummy.  I disagree with Vector's assertion that his current actions don't fit his meta - they seem to fit his scum meta pretty well, and they remind me of his behaviour in VLR (in which he was a spy).  I would not be at all opposed to a ZU lynch, but I think a Zrk2 lynch is equally good and would rather not risk half-switching the votestack at this point (which could result in a no lynch or scum deciding the outcome).

I'm not seeing NQT scum at all.  He seems to be struggling to express himself properly but I read a genuine desire to identify scum in basically all of his posts.  Certainly I haven't seen the constant logical contortions I associate with scum-NQT.
Is your scumbuddy bussing you, here?
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 01, 2013, 06:46:51 pm »

*sigh*

I tracked Deathsword last night and he actioned Ford.  I want to know why he did this.

Okami no Rei, why have you chosen to publicly announce that you killed Leafsnail?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 01, 2013, 07:04:03 pm »

I would absolutely love to know how NQT is apparently aware of your track result.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 01, 2013, 07:14:25 pm »

Okami no Rei, why have you chosen to publicly announce that you killed Leafsnail?
Because my last experiment went so well.  Trying to keep up the pace.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 01, 2013, 07:16:51 pm »

Hapah: Lurking < Activelurking =< Scum. Lurking can be caused just by being busy, but activelurking is only done by scum trying to look active. I consider activelurking to be a scumtell, hence why I believe ZU is scum.

PPE: That is... an interesting catch indeed.

ZU:
Because I'm not scum. Also because everyone's reasons for voting me are full of shit. Also also, I didn't spend "most all" of D1 defending myself.

ZU, you grossly misunderstood my reply to Hapah. I only meant to indicate that you seemed marginally more scummy than Zrk2. Also, unless my vote comes down to a tie breaker and town isn't extending, then there's no harm in me keeping the pressure on a player who, unlike you, hasn't responded to my questions. As for logical analysis, I can only do that when we have concrete information, like a flip.
You didn't say that at all. You said "ZU seems to me the most scummiest" Since your English is pretty good, you should know about superlatives and stuff. In no way do I see the implication that you were comparing me and Zrk. Also, good job tunneling IG. To me, not wanting to vote anyone else seems like you're afraid of being part of a mislynch.
First part: 'Everyone' seems like a strange word choice when you only had 2 votes on you, but whatever. Also, please explain how my reasoning of you doing essentially no hunting D1 is full of shit. Alsoalso, you're right that you weren't defending yourself all day. However, every post of yours other than the two I linked are either: a) only answering questions; b)fixing a mistake; or c) throwing über-softball questions.

Second part: I am legitimately confused here. Are you attacking NQT for a grammar derp ("Most Scummiest" instead of "Most Scummy")?

Furthermore, he might be phased out today, but I'd still be interested in your opinion on Ford. You seemed convinced he was scum before you started attacking NQT.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 01, 2013, 09:47:21 pm »

Imperial Guardsman, thanks for the (overly short and unhelpful) reply. At least its better than your constant evasion from the last few days. Why would you kill ZU? What's your reasoning?
He is very likely scum, and i dont want to take any chances

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 01, 2013, 09:52:11 pm »

Okami No Rei, i would not be surprised if you ended up like tiruin

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44