Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: Castle doctrine - MMO house defense - Dev in thread  (Read 17341 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle doctrine - MMO house defense - Dev in thread
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2013, 02:26:02 am »

Had to go to the loo halfway through building my house, got back and found I left it due to inactivity. Some Bastard came in and shot my dog that was a "poor" defense mechanism, and then stole all my cash. Wife alive thankgod.
So, with no cash I go out, pissed, I buy a Crowbar, club someone's wife and steal their cash (how do I collect money off of a dead person). Kinda upset with myself now but it was someone who just made an account and left their home so free cash really. Went into another place who had like 23$, and empty room and a wife running out the door with the cash, I let her go. I search the place and finally find the safe tucked into a corner. In it...

12 Saws
3 Blowtorches
8 Guns
1 Brick
1 Voltdetector
3 Wireclippers
10 Dogmeat
3 Crowbars
2 Ladders

Wow....
Ok...
Um...............
Yeah.....................
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2013, 02:30:54 am »

Cthulhu I just place my family near the door and what ever happens happens :P.

Also it seems that having paintings in your house counts as cash when other people are looking to rob you, so if a painting becomes super expensive which you have expect to be robbed rather quickly :P

Which sucks because I have my super tough house back and I'm at the top of the leader board where I don't want to be :(
Did you get robbed in the last hour? Got me 6k from a pretty fancy trapped house.

Did you have to make several guesses to get further into the house ? Did it have lots of art ? And was it covered in concrete and steel walls ? If so I hate you >,>

nope i only had 2,000 and nearly 200 people tried to rob me... only 1 did it xD and i even still have all my house he got so so lucky and chose the entrance jsut above my safe :P

EDIT: IT WAS YOU !!!! DAMN YOU AND YOUR DAMN WATERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

edit (2): thank you for showing the flaw with my security and your water that has now been fixed before i go to work :P your 1 shot water trick wont work now!!!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 03:12:53 am by ScriptWolf »
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2013, 03:16:26 am »

Cthulhu I just place my family near the door and what ever happens happens :P.

Also it seems that having paintings in your house counts as cash when other people are looking to rob you, so if a painting becomes super expensive which you have expect to be robbed rather quickly :P

Which sucks because I have my super tough house back and I'm at the top of the leader board where I don't want to be :(
Did you get robbed in the last hour? Got me 6k from a pretty fancy trapped house.

Did you have to make several guesses to get further into the house ? Did it have lots of art ? And was it covered in concrete and steel walls ? If so I hate you >,>

nope i only had 2,000 and nearly 200 people tried to rob me... only 1 did it xD and i even still have all my house he got so so lucky and chose the entrance jsut above my safe :P

EDIT: IT WAS YOU !!!! DAMN YOU AND YOUR DAMN WATERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

edit (2): thank you for showing the flaw with my security and your water that has now been fixed before i go to work :P your 1 shot water trick wont work now!!!

This makes me laugh so hard... it's such a small world!

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2013, 03:26:31 am »

ARGH! I just finished recording a few more episodes, because one house was doing so well. I was checking my security tapes, about to log off, spotted what appeared to be a reasonable target (about 500 dollars, 2 attempts, no deaths) and I promptly died to a pitbull in what I can only describe as a moment of gibbering madness. I literally walked straight into it in a straight corridor.

Rest in peace, awesome home, with awesome Chihuahua powered trap system. D':

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2013, 03:36:43 am »

Making one of those right now, with a Cat Maze added with some traps if you do it wrong... :P
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2013, 03:54:37 am »

ARGH! I just finished recording a few more episodes, because one house was doing so well. I was checking my security tapes, about to log off, spotted what appeared to be a reasonable target (about 500 dollars, 2 attempts, no deaths) and I promptly died to a pitbull in what I can only describe as a moment of gibbering madness. I literally walked straight into it in a straight corridor.

Nearly all of my deaths in this game have been due to me doing stupid shit like that, and I've lost awesome houses to it too  :'(. Honestly, if the suicide button is changed so I don't press it instinctively, then my mortality rate will be cut in half.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2013, 04:23:46 am »

First Kill for my Battle Plan... Walked straight into it. Loving my bait...
EDIT: Second Kill... They need to make it so that you CAN'T just recycle robbers just to get in. Totally BS...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 04:27:06 am by Neyvn »

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2013, 04:40:23 am »

First Kill for my Battle Plan... Walked straight into it. Loving my bait...
EDIT: Second Kill... They need to make it so that you CAN'T just recycle robbers just to get in. Totally BS...
Would you mind posting screenshots of your design? Maybe you could take some now, then hold onto them until your current robber dies, then post them, so you wouldn't be telling everyone how to infiltrate your house.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2013, 04:45:28 am »

Basiclly, My Vault is in plain sight, behind glass and all manner of things that you really need to be bringing the right stuff for. as an early build trap, only the ones that bring at least one of everything can go STRAIGHT to my Vault. Still need a way to make it in the "open" but safe enough that even if you TRY and bring the right tools for the job its still not enough...

I made a couple of slip ups, when trying to fill it with some bait, so I am currently rebuilding it....

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2013, 05:04:25 am »

You could put a lot of powered pit fall traps and electric flooring then leave your safe in plain view, but have it so that if you make a wrong move a animal goes onto a switch turning in the fencing and other fun stuff

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2013, 05:11:55 am »

You could put a lot of powered pit fall traps and electric flooring then leave your safe in plain view, but have it so that if you make a wrong move a animal goes onto a switch turning in the fencing and other fun stuff
Kinda what I am doing now. Just trying out a different method of my original plan. Someone came in with a hacksaw and just sawed through then while trying to create a way to stop that, I locked myself behind a door while testing. I thought I left a path open...

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2013, 05:16:01 am »

I wish you could still have access to your tools while testing, but your house would be invalidated as safe if you used them. It's odd that testing your house can be more dangerous for you than breaking into it is for burglars.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2013, 05:38:28 am »

Kinda what I am doing now. Just trying out a different method of my original plan. Someone came in with a hacksaw and just sawed through then while trying to create a way to stop that, I locked myself behind a door while testing. I thought I left a path open...

I currently use a mixture of steel and concrete walls, so if you wan use both steel and wood when you are starting out, when I go out robbing I always always take atleast 2 hacksaws because people tended to double wood wall their safe and I can get right into it.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2013, 05:52:56 am »

Combination Locks, BS of everything tbh...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2013, 06:16:39 am »

ODD... I just realized that there is someone that has broken the "family needs path" rule....
He has a few Electric Floors that activate 4 ticks after entrance that surround the entrance, the two kids make no move to actually leave and the wife is no where to be seen, I have no idea how this was actually a legal thing...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17