Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 456176 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"What Maurice said. It's a sound plan. Since this is sort of my thing, I propose to be on the distraction team. You two should be infiltrators, I think. So who do you think should stick with me? Gorat or Pancaek?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Well, Gorat is currently already infiltrating a hard memory, but there might be other, more important considerations. I think we can afford to wait for now, if needed.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Right, then we'll wait."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Agreed, we should wait until he's out. So, what did you see there?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"An attack by many ghost ships on an Altered planet... as well as a strange pull toward the Altered. I'm not sure if it's the problem memory or not."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

What Jim said. Otherwise it seemed to be the memory of the first 'field test' of the Ghostship; presumably successful.

By the way, while waiting, I suggest you, Jim - or perhaps all of us - train making those short-lived figures, as they seemed to be rather useful. Not much else to do, right?

Cautiously and carefully train making various objects and copies of my team mates' current forms appear and move on their own; make sure not to provoke blobs and not to spawn more than one such construct at a time.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 08:25:36 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"It couldn't hurt."

Jim attempts to make two duplicates of himself, both in the synthflesh form rather than the blob form he was currently emulating.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 01:28:04 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

As Gorat performs his experiments and observes, he hopes that his teammates don't do anything to rile up the ship even more.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((We should take it easy, though.))

"Yeah, but take it easy. If you make too many copies and get too active you'll call the blobs' attention towards us. Try making only one of those and limit your activity."

Milno remains as a spotter for any case of trouble.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Understood.
Past Sigs

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Can we stall the turn a bit until SC has the opportunity to read what I wrote and maybe rethink creating seven duplicates?))
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(I've read it, and fine, I'll change my action.)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Try if I can attract a tiny mote of cosmic dust, no larger than my dust disguise. Also, observe the memory.

As the ship rains it's spears down on the planet and wipes whole countries from the map, you try to manipulate a single mote of dust. It moves to your will, however as soon as you stop effecting it, it sort of "glitches" back into it's original place.

(I thought the center was where the noise was coming from. >.>)

Jim heads for the noise, then.
(Oh, sorry. I thought you were talking about the Center of the soft memories.)

What Jim said. Otherwise it seemed to be the memory of the first 'field test' of the Ghostship; presumably successful.

By the way, while waiting, I suggest you, Jim - or perhaps all of us - train making those short-lived figures, as they seemed to be rather useful. Not much else to do, right?

Cautiously and carefully train making various objects and copies of my team mates' current forms appear and move on their own; make sure not to provoke blobs and not to spawn more than one such construct at a time.
You can make them appear with enough concentration, but they don't seem to be able to move on their own, besides very simple actions such as just moving off in one direction. Certainly not walking or talking or anything.

"It couldn't hurt."

Jim attempts to make two duplicates of himself, both in the synthflesh form rather than the blob form he was currently emulating.

The first attempt goes well enough, creating a duplicate of your synthflesh self, which the blobs immediately turn their attention to, but the second one is sort of a hyper deformed version, with massively inflated muscles and a handlebar mustache.

((We should take it easy, though.))

"Yeah, but take it easy. If you make too many copies and get too active you'll call the blobs' attention towards us. Try making only one of those and limit your activity."

Milno remains as a spotter for any case of trouble.

Well, beyond the trouble of the blobs being interesting Jim's doubles-could they be able to trace the doubles back to him some how?-everything seems fine. You stay camouflaged though. Not gonna tempt fate.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Okay, that doesn't bode well. I might have to experiment outside, but first I should watch the whole memory.

Observe the memory.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

With nothing else to do, keep training, cautiously and carefully as before.
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 243