Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 455886 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"No idea. I don't think it was anything I did, at any rate. I also couldn't catch up with the memory, so maybe we should brainstorm something that's as inconspicuous as dust, but allows faster movement in emergencies."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Maybe we could discreetly change shape as needed." Milno suggests. "The problems would appear, of course, if we happen to fail."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim sighs. "Yeah, about that... that was me, trying an experiment. I went into the black on purpose. Suffice to say, it is not a good idea, don't ever do it. It makes the ghost ship aware. Sorry guys." He rubbed his forehead with one of his hands. "Anyway... which memory should we try when we're all back?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

"If this one tuns out to be running alright, we've still have the hiding face and the syringe blimp, and afterwards scouting for other hard memories... I've said it before, but the hiding face seems the most suspicious."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno would furrow his brow if he had one, but mistakes happen and he decides it'd be best discussed after the mission. "I'd go with the hiding face, since it's constantly moving."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Exit the memory. Talk to the group. Join them in entering to the next hard memory.
After you left, they just reached the shuttle, watched the Altered ruin the base for a few seconds and talked about it being the sixth that day and that hopefully it all was worth it.
It could be the cause of the trouble, like if they eventually found that all of it was useless, but rather unlikely, I think.

Also, for your convenience: it might be a useful trick to settle directly in front of the vision arc starting point and move with the person. Helmet visor, glasses, camera lens, that sort of places. While remaining nigh invisible to eye, of course.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 02:41:08 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I wasn't sure if we would be sensed if we touched the source of the memory." admits Milno.
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Good to know. Right now we're voting for next hard memory and it seems the consensus is for the hiding face. What do you think?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

I have no objections to that. It is my guess, however, that it might the be the most difficult hard memory to investigate, given its tendency to hide, so we might want to take that into consideration.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 03:10:34 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Which one would you say, then?" he asks, both to Maurice and Jim.
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Hiding face is fine. Let's search it out."

Jim looks for the face.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Hiding face is fine. Let's search it out."

Jim looks for the face.
The good news is that you do manage to find the face, it's skittering about between the three prongs of a blivet. Unfortunately you also find where the Blobs have gone. They're slowly wandering the area around the memory, and a quick check shows they're also around the syringe, and probably every other hard memory.

"Well...at least they'll be easier to find."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Should we give it some time before giving it a try?" Milno asks, eyeing the blobs.

Edit: Wait for a while, observe the behavior of the blobs.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 11:31:57 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

(( I assume that I successfully exited the memory and joined the group, is that right? ))
I think we could use that time to locate any remaining hard memories - looking for blobs, that is.
Or we could run for it, for what that's worth.
Past Sigs

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim nods. "Yeah, let's wait and watch those for awhile, see if we can get an opening."

Jim observes the blobs for the next few minutes.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 243