Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50

Author Topic: Gods of Lar- Oh Wait Nevermind  (Read 60956 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Lar- It Lives and Updates Too!
« Reply #705 on: October 18, 2013, 04:03:03 pm »

If I was A betting man, I would guess that the enemies in the well are slimes
Nope. They're the fourth kind of enemy you saw when scouting.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: October 18, 2013, 05:02:24 pm »

The Floating Bones?
So we are fighting enemies which clean flesh from bones, and are in/made of water!

Makes sense they attack from a well.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 23, 2013, 01:11:19 am »

Posting to watch.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 25, 2013, 07:05:16 pm »

With a roar, your minions leap for the juicy clerics on the left, who are unprepared for the unseen creations. They manage to take out a few stalkers, but are quickly overwhelmed, despite their personal hordes. ((I couldn't really find any way to describe this in a more detailed or more epic manner, because honestly what did you expect would happen?))
On the right side, the captain strides forward toward the cleric, in a futile effort to confront the man before him, impervious in his divine power. He takes no more than a dozen steps before a wet chunk of ice latches on to his cheek, and begins to tear at his flesh. Cursing, he stabs at the mass until it falls limp, the power holding it together spent, only to leap up a moment later. Then, both priest and soldier look back towards the center of the city. The follower of Marus begins to smile beneath his hood.
"The tide turns, friend. Now you shall see the true power of Marus."
With the sound of a rushing river, a flood of water gushes between the houses a hundred feet away. Halting, the wave builds to nearly eight feet in height, and the captain notices a collection of polished human bones at the center, seemingly eroded by the elements, many of the smaller bones missing. The empty skull turns to face him, studying him with its empty eye sockets. The water seems to be tinted red.
On the left side, a rush of water washes away the defenders, drowning most of them instantly. Parts of the hedge wall lose their anchoring and begin to float away as well, as the water rushes onward. On the center, barrels through the palisade and outward, then resolves itself into eight separate waves, surrounding the surprised Kalnians. Far out on the battlefield, Enreich gets up, his body having regenerated from its savage defeat, though his stingers still have not healed.
We seem to have a problem.

Spoiler: Turn Report (click to show/hide)

I'm sorry. The tide got a nineteen to your three :(. I'm not even sure you can win this anymore. If you want, I can either deus ex machina or sequel, though.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 07:18:56 pm by Remuthra »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: October 25, 2013, 07:27:58 pm »

Umbral Cattle: Your time as Beats of Burden has Ended! Use your mighty carapace to defeat some Blood Tides! Aim for the centers!
Captains:Fight with your former beasts of Burden! Aim for the centers!
Stalkers: Kill the Blood Tides! Break their centers with your powerful leaps!
Ericus:Reach Einrich, heal him with Life Magic
Einrich: reach Ericus, show them the true Power of a follower of Lorimre!

Wall: At least TRY to suck some of that bloody water into your roots.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 25, 2013, 07:33:57 pm »

You sure?  If we get a bad roll the wall may get corrupted by the water.
Crack-a-lack-a

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: October 25, 2013, 07:39:01 pm »

The wall is half-dead anyways, it might as well be of some use.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 25, 2013, 07:55:42 pm »

Wall: At least TRY to suck some of that bloody water into your roots.
"Bloody tides, sweepin' away the defenses stoppin' that army o' wankers from killing everyone an' ruinin' tea time."

Seriously though, we should give 'em the best we've got. In the words of Enjolras, Combeferre, and Courferac: "Let us die facing our foes, make them bleed while we can. Make 'em pay through the nose, make 'em pay for every man!" With the addendum of "And every godly monstrosity as well."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: November 01, 2013, 10:11:15 pm »

Those Slushies never die ><

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 01, 2013, 10:30:53 pm »

Unless you suck them up with plants, freeze them, boil them, etc.
Crack-a-lack-a

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 07, 2013, 01:47:58 pm »

Just read through this, nice.

Also, who cares if they all die? Couldn't we technically just move to a new village? I mean, it is a pain but life happens.

Transform the leftover living humans to shades. I'd guess that would prevent them from drowning. Also don't ask them, just do it. Afterwards retreat to the underground and build up our strength only to emerge from the darkness and take over the world, MWAHAHA!
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting retarded ideals since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 07, 2013, 02:21:33 pm »

a big -1 to the above. we are supposed to be a chaotic good god. not a chaotic-evil god.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Lar- Oh Wait Nevermind
« Reply #717 on: November 07, 2013, 02:48:51 pm »

Fixed the title :P.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 07, 2013, 03:11:43 pm »

Are we? I haven't noticed a whole lot of chaos in our behavior so far and we've been more "cordial" than "good". And look where that got us. Everyone's dead or about to die.

I suggest an alternative that might save them and the response is that saving them would be evil? Because they would rather die than have their appearance altered? So we're supporting their stupidly shallow viewpoints even though it means almost certain death for them?

Think of these people as little kids... Stupid little kids with apparent death wishes. No, we should not validate their behavior. We've done that enough already and we've lost all that's been worked for so far. From now on, I say we engage in a little bit of tough love because sometimes tough love is the best love.

Edit:
Make sure at least one of those umbral stalkers escapes. Since they breed asexually we could raise a new army without spending any more mana. Also ensure that our commander escapes. We'll need someone around with leadership capabilities and he's overall just a useful follower to have around.

If we lose all of our followers, we'll need to find a new base. Taking a town over willingly is preferential but if that doesn't work, we can use our umbral stalkers to take over forcefully. If no good town can be found to take over, maybe set up a base in the woods and build a sacrificial altar. Raid nearby settlements and sacrifice them for mana until we can work out something new.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 03:23:19 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 07, 2013, 03:26:29 pm »

The irony is, by the command:Stalkers:Stalk; I meant for them to attack, but ah well! Two turns late anyways.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50