Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 50

Author Topic: Gods of Lar- Oh Wait Nevermind  (Read 60951 times)

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
Re: Gods of Lar- It Lives!
« Reply #690 on: October 09, 2013, 05:56:58 am »

We'll just wait then!
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 09, 2013, 01:46:23 pm »

Update will come on FridayProbably not until Saturday. Writing is hard.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 07:53:49 pm by Remuthra »

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #692 on: October 09, 2013, 05:10:11 pm »

Neato

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 09, 2013, 07:05:35 pm »

Can you pretty ultra super mega please give us the rolls back though?
Crack-a-lack-a

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 09, 2013, 07:35:00 pm »

Made sure to record an outline of the previous turn, just for that ;).

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #695 on: October 10, 2013, 06:19:42 am »

that'd be quite awesome!

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: October 14, 2013, 06:06:02 pm »

Ahem but where is our update?
Crack-a-lack-a

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #697 on: October 14, 2013, 06:09:46 pm »

*patient waiting and whistles.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 14, 2013, 07:17:31 pm »

Sorry, FCOM happened. I spent the entire weekend copying, pasting, hitting things, and yelling at Python.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 14, 2013, 08:10:18 pm »

Pythons don't talk, you know.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: October 14, 2013, 10:31:08 pm »

With a shout, Ericus sprints to the gate and begins to channel his magic to fortify it. Repairing the complex organism would take too much time and mana, but he manages to erect a quick palisade of hardened brambles. From behind him, Enreich floats up and over the damaged wall to engage the shining foe ahead.
On the left flank, the hedge steels itself and retaliates, having stolen the element of surprise, its vicious aspect matching that of the gray menace before it. Snaking black-clawed creepers shoot forward to ensnare the five hulks, and, with unyielding tenacity, drag the creatures into the mass of green. Black spews from frothing maws, and the creatures struggle with powerful strength, but the morass of dark emerald is seemingly endless and heedless of the damage, for what is the loss of a few limbs to a creature such as the mighty wall? Finally, against all protest, a powerful tug pulls all five into the hedge, where waiting thorns tear and the spears of the militia troops land. The clerics, arriving late, are useless against the mighty onslaught.
On the right side, the remaining tripods, enraged by the line before them and emboldened by their success and the support of the newly arriving clerics, charge the ragged militia, tearing the wall to haggard black shreds. Grimacing, the captain orders his men to brace their spears to repel. In a span of seconds, the thunder of the dark shapes crosses the distance between them, and crash straight into the upheld spears! As the creatures are impaled and slain, a fountain of inky sludge sprays into the air, coating the men in its venomous embrace. As the dying screams of the abominations fade from the air, the Kalnian defenders begin to scream themselves. Their flesh withers and turns gray. Their eyes darken to purple, then burst. as a fountain of blood seeps out of the empty sockets. Their skin continues to necrose, turning black and mushy. As the flesh begins to melt, even their screams fade to silence as the valiant, heroic defenders are replaced by piles of stripped bones and armor. By sheer luck, the captain in his armor is spared the agony of his men. He looks about amidst the nigh-deserted field, and sees the approach of the two men, swathed in black, their faces obscured in darkness. With a smooth motion, the captain steps forward, his arm coming up, back, and forward, and the wooden spear sails forward towards the man on the right. Its shining metal tip gracefully arcs up and down, matching the motion of the arm it launched itself from, and, unhindered, pierced the black cloth and emerged from the man's back. With a gasp, the robed man fell to his knees, water seeping into his garment as he lost the willpower to control it, his hood falling back to reveal an old, worn, gray bearded face. "Well fought, mine foe." the figure whispered, as his eyes glazed over, and death embraced him. Steeling himself, the captain resignedly drew his long dagger and turned to face the second figure in black.
In the field, Thraven and Enreich glide across the grass to face each other, one brandishing a sword and shield, the other a pair of snaking umber stingers. In the background, the stalkers burst from the trees to engulf the hapless priests. Seeing the odds, the men sacrifice themselves in twin bursts of dark energy, killing many.
Shall we fight, or shall we stand about all day?
As you wish.
With a blur, the butchered gray form's stingers whirr towards Thraven in a deadly thrust, only to be stopped by the dull whoosh of the mighty blade's parry. A split second later, whirring stingers dart left and right, to be intercepted by sword and shield. Raising his weapon, the warrior found the creature gone in a flash of black, to appear with weapons already moving at his back, the foe casting defenses back to deflect the errant tails. Whirling, Thraven sends his heavy blade flying in a blinding arc towards the exposed torso, only to find it further away then anticipated. Hefting his shield, he deflects one, two, three strikes in rapid succession, then Enreich darts both barbs up and over the sword, to impale the foe through the face. Almost faster than the naked eye, the shield moves upward, and its metal softens, letting the stingers sink into it, then hardens again, trapping them. A split second later, the heavy sword is sweeping across the pierced kite shield, slicing through the tough carapace as though it were the skin of a carrot. Then, the shield is cast aside, and that deadly sword finds its target in the impaled torso of your own champion!
I suggest you consider your opponents more carefully, youngling, before challenging a man who has trained lo fifty years on the Fields of Soaken Ash.
Then, with a wave of his hand, the mighty worm bursts from the earth to engulf him, then flees back towards the lands of Marus.
Suddenly, with a great commotion, a young man appears, running towards the wall from further towards the center of town! His right hand is missing, bound up in an old leather sling, and he appears to be running with all his might. "Enemies at the well!" He screams. "They're.. in... the well." He promptly passes out from exhaustion.

Spoiler: Battle Report (click to show/hide)

Yay, I managed to pretty much recreate the original update!
As an aside, the three armed hulking abominations were inspired by SCP-093.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 15, 2013, 01:56:46 pm »

Bump because I suspect nobody saw it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Lar- It Lives and Updates Too!
« Reply #702 on: October 15, 2013, 02:21:43 pm »

Einrich escape!
Ericus:Repair some damage done!
Stalkers:Mop up the Battlefield!

InZane

• Bay Watcher
  • [PIMP_CANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 15, 2013, 02:48:58 pm »

Did i not ptw this already?!
I PTW anything that seems interesting

speedyth

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting retarded ideals since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 18, 2013, 02:13:44 pm »

If I was A betting man, I would guess that the enemies in the well are slimes
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 50